The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Hils

Good morning

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hils

Good morning all

What's everyone doing today?

Hils :wavebunny:

If you can meet with triumph and disaster...and treat those two imposters just the same...

ddgorgeous

And a very good morning to you hils,

It has been the annual festival here where everyone gets very drunk, cause trouble and then get arrested before going off to the pokey. So, I have not even been out since Friday, so it will be the shopping, Post Office, bank etc this morning, some handrail painting later this afternoon if it stays dry and them some cooking for dinner.

How about you, did you have a good weekend, what you up to today?

Take care and best wishes,

Ron :wavebunny:

ppms, dx 2001

Hils

Hi Ron,

Isn't it odd how some people think that the only way to enjoy themselves is to get drunk? Beats me. I hope you weren't given any bother. Handrail painting? Is that handrails on steps on your property? It can be quite therapeutic, painting, can't it?

Having worked all weekend, its chores for me this morning, then feet up in front of the tv to get my fix of Wimbledon. My younger son is taking his final A level exam this afternoon so I'll be thinking about him too, poor soul. Physics - I wouldn't have a clue!

Happy painting.

Hils :wavebunny:

If you can meet with triumph and disaster...and treat those two imposters just the same...

ddgorgeous

Hi hils,

The town was reasonably quiet (I guess they are still hungover or in jail!) I know what you mean about some people not being able to enjoy themselves without a skinful, I avoid the town most weekends if I can because of it.

The handrails are in fact inside in my hall. These ones were fitted in January and I have just been very lazy in getting them painted etc. It is quite a good system now. I send an email to the OT, she comes round within a couple of days to assess everything. A report is sent from thge OT to my housing assoc. The Housing assoc ok it and arrange for a joiner. The joiner comes round to make his own assessment, the joiner then comes back with the wood etc and fits the rails a few days later. I then take everything down to paint it and then stick it all back together again when it is all painted.

Voila, I have great looking handrails inside and everyone is happy.

The first few times it was done there were lost letters etc, but hopefully it is ironed out now and everyone pretty much knows what they are doing.

If I get my finger out, I should have rails ready to go back up tomorrow when the paint dries. If it stays dry, then it can all be done outside just now, so I better go.

Take care and best wishes,

Ron :wavebunny:

ppms, dx 2001

stranding

Hi Hils & Ron :howdy:

and a good nearly-afternoon to you!

Good luck with all chores, family exams and have a lovely time on your trips to the PO/Bank :lol: and the handrail painting (yes, what sort of rail and what colour?)

Well, this is what's going on over here:

Some really, really hard work all day today.

That is, I'm hard at it doing lots of wondering... about whether I can put off any longer what should have been done ages ago. :lol:

Like dyeing.... :wavebunny:

... five skeins of very nice, thick hairy goat hair for a client friend, each to be dyed in 5 strong primaries and black :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: .

This needs

Remember to KYPU at all times...

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

Susie

Hello folks!

My, you all have had busy days! I'm back at work after the last relapse and ran my first workshop since then. I'm exhausted- going to crawl into bed very early tonight and sleep for Scotland.

Susie :wavebunny:

Bod

good morning hills Its way to hot to do to much ( even fishing ) so Im just trying to keep cool ( lots of cold showers ).

take care.

Russ. :pathead:

A SMILE ADAY KEEPS YOU SANE