The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
angeltess

Neuro letter

26 posts in this topic Last Reply

angeltess

Thanks Chris, that's what I thought.

Tracy, thanks and good luck with your MS nurse appt today - hope it goes well.

Thanks Marina, I'll have another look at the McDonald Criteria, and thanks for your kind wishes. My heart leaps every time the postman turns up with a letter, but no word on the test results yet. It's lovely to know I have so many caring people behind me though.

Jan. xx.

Broken wings can heal and mend again. Don't be afraid to cry your tears out loud. Everybody needs to have a friend. Wishbone Ash.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Neuro physio

Hi,   has anyone had neuro physio? I can't seem to find a single post about it...just wondered what peoples experiences of it were? did it help? I've recently started it and it seems to be making me considerabley worse...all across my upper back is agony and my 'walking' is nothing but a very slow shuffle now...I'm inclined to give up on it.   Fran x

in General Discussion about MS

• Letter to your local MPs

Hi everyone   I do not know whether any of you have received the following request from the MS Society. Just in case you have not, I am posting this email I have received to ask you to contact your MP to try to make a difference.   Great Dane x   Off-patent Drugs Right now, researchers are investigating whether drugs that exist to treat other conditions can also be used to treat MS. These are drugs like Simvastatin, a drug normally used to treat high cholesterol. Research shows this drug has the potential to slow the worsening of disability in secondary progressive MS. If further research confirms this, we’d want this drug to be made available on the NHS, but there are currently significant barriers that would prevent this. You can read more about the process onour blog. How can we change this? An MP, Nick Thomas-Symonds, has introduced a Bill in Westminster to tackle this problem and improve access to low-cost treatments for a range of conditions including multiple sclerosis. Take action To ensure the Bill is successful, we need at least 100 MPs to go along and vote for it on Friday 6 November. And we need you to contact your MP and encourage them to back the Bill. The vote is on a Friday, when most MPs return to their local constituencies, which makes it more difficult to convince them to be in Westminster. Your email could make all the difference – please email them today. We are supporting this Bill to ensure people with MS have access to the right treatments at the right time. Please ask your MP to do the same.   Thank you for your support,   Emma MS Society Campaigns Team

• Neurologist Letter

I received the neurologists letter earlier this week.   He clearly listened and understood me very well and relays that in the letter.   He says that I fulfil all the criteria for CFS. He says he is unsure if the pain etc would fall within the spectrum of Fibromyalgia but in view of the severity he would like me to be referred to rheumatologist to exclude a significant rheumatological condition.   He said there were inconsistent distal sensory changes to pinprick and temperature.   He says in view of the patchy, unilateral nature of the neurological symptoms he is referring me for an MRI of the brain.   He's recommending I try Duloxetine?   Any comments appreciated.   Generally though, I feel that at least I am being taken seriously and they are covering all areas.

• Neuro suspects ME and Fibromyalgia

I saw the neuro today and he did some tests while I was there and has pretty much ruled out MS.   I have to go for brain MRI to be sure but then a rheumatologist and a psycologist.   Feel a bit numb, stunned and confused, don't know much about these and what happens next.    

• neuro appointment today!

Hi Everyone,   My neuro appointment has finally come around. My biggest concern is not being taken seriously as I know many of you have had to go back numerous times. I was also not really taken seriously when I saw the neuro 5 years ago.   Any advice?   Thanks,   Katie x

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.