The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
vix

success

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

vix

op was a success, am back home now in lots of pain now its a 6 week wait to see if i need same op on other knee

vix.jpg

Hezza

Glad to hear that the op went well and that you're back at home. Fingers crossed that your recovery goes as smoothly as possible.

:heartraining:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Sleepy
Scully

Hello Vix,

Pleased to hear the knee operation went well and you've managed to escape home again.

I hope the pain settles down quickly and a speedy recovery follows.

Scully

x

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

vix

thank you so do i xxx

vix.jpg

derby42

Glad its over for you vix, rest as much as possible now eh? If hayden lets ya lol x

derby x

mustard

Pleased to hear it went well for you Vix and that you are now back at home

Mustard x

RRMS, diagnosed 2010

Surprise baby due 31.7.13 - never been more excited!

vix

the pain is immense today i feel sick from it, big bandage off today so will see the bruising and holes they've made to my leg lol

give me 56hours labour any day xxx

vix.jpg

Sleepy
Scully

Oh dear Vix,

So sorry to hear about the pain level from your poor knee.

Have they let you have any form of painkiller for this post op pain?

Scully

x

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

vix

co-codamol, tramadol and naproxen, the tramadol gave me insomnia so havent slept last night which hasnt helped in the slightest, waiting for GP to call back to see if i can have something else

vix.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• PIP Tribunal Success

Hi all, if you were refused PIP by DWP and have not appealed i urge you to do so as MS is a life changing disease.  I applied June 2019 then appealed, last year Oct following my face to face assessment Sept. This was refused, i then appealed by Tribunal which took place July 2020 via telephone. A Doctor, Judge and a representative from DWP asked questions based on the what was reported up until the date of assessment (sept 2019) they did not want to hear about now.  Anyway, this was not a scary experience. In fact it was easier than the DWP assessment, they wanted to hear how the RRMS impacts on my day to day life.  The decision was upheld and i was awared PIP standard rate.  4x 2 points awared and 4 points awared fot mobility.  Interestingly DWP scored me ZERO in all areas!!! I will be back dated from june 2019 and entitled to PIP until june 2022.    Be brave, fear nothing and make sure you stand up for MS by claming what you are entitled to. Do not be put off by a Tribunal. My opinion is DWP have no idea what they are assessing with MS, lack understanding to the hidden yet highly self limiting symptoms that do not fit nicely into their generalised tick box questions. DWP are likely to score people with ZERO like me, dont be put off... appeal with a smile! Surely living with MS is far harder than anything a Tribunal can throw at you. Good luck all. 

in General Discussion about MS

• Success in UK stem cell treatment

This looks very encouraging indeed !   http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35065905   Panorama episode concerning this looks like it's on ...   Can You Stop My Multiple Sclerosis? Panorama will be shown on BBC One on Monday 18 January at 8.30pm.   Scully

• Could you afford a CCSVI Success?

Now, this latest perspective on a quasi-cure/recovery brings up a new perspective, following Ms Wiggle's recent post in the main CCSVI thread - http://ms-people.com/forum/index.php?s=&am...ost&p=60497.   How many of us, who have had their lifes blighted in middle age or younger, could rebuild their career to accommodate the drop in income, if your benefits were stopped?   For, my part, I'm in my mid-50s and was allowed to retire early. So I have a private pension income, supplemented by the DLA. I'm comfortable in that I can pay all the bills and my wife works.   But, if I was miraculously more mobile, less-fatigued and continent, what would I do? I suppose B&Q might take me! But, I would now want to do more, see more and probably wouldn't be able to afford it!   So, here we have a scenario, we could find ourselves in a worse financial state, due to losing years of your career/pension contributions to MS. And we would then be destined to live the rest of our lives living hand to mouth!   And, we may have spent some of our retirement reserve to pay for this treatment, to benefit yourself. And to benefit the Government, who didn't really help you in the first place!   So, whilst a cure, or a physical recovery would be welcome, what would it mean? Could we recover, or more importantly finance, our restored life?   Discuss.

• Any success stories?

Hi,   Recently joined as in Limbo.   What im looking to find out if its ok is :- Do you have a dx that is NOT MS?   Im interested to find out if people have found some light at the end of the tunnel! Folk that have thought they had MS but another dx was made and the person is happy with that and is now being medicated for it etc.   Are these forums the excpetion to general MS in the UK are most people in the situation where they have issue then are given a dx of MS and thats it, done and dusted.   Now i know there will be a few people that joined the site originally then have found out the dont have MS so maybe have dissapeared but id hope a few stuck around after making friends!   So in short can any tell me they were in limbo, have since been given a solid dx but its NOT MS??   Cheers!!

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.