The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
hmorris3

Online mindfulness based programme for people with MS

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

hmorris3

As part of a team of researchers at the National University of Ireland, Galway I am investigating the benefits of a mindfulness based programme for people with Multiple Sclerosis. We are inviting people complete a free 4 week online programme. The programme consists of 12 sessions accessed over this time (3 per week) and each session takes about 30-40 minutes to complete.

In order to test the effectiveness of the programme we are asking people to fill in a questionnaire first which will take about 10 minutes to complete (the link is below). Upon completion, you will then be randomly allocated to complete the programme straight away and or placed on a 4 month waiting list.

This programme has produced benefits in people with other chronic conditions and we want to see if it can be as effective in people with Multiple Sclerosis. Having recently been diagnosed myself last year, and having tested it out myself I believe it will be and I hope people will experience the same benefits from completing the programme as I have. This study aims to investigate if this is the case.

People who complete the programme will also be entered into a prize draw for a 50 Euro Amazon voucher (or currency equivalent). If you are over 18, have a probable or definite diagnosis of MS and wish to find out more please click the link below. Please read the information and if you are interested in taking part click the box to agree and click ‘continue’ to proceed to the questionnaire.

http://mia-ms.cloudaccess.net/join.html (if you have problems with the questionnaire via this link, you can access the same information at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1O3zyNA3zw7xohhX-vfuVDDTNwjdD0hgS5hn56gcYrL4/viewform )

Lurking
PaulX

Is this in anyway linked to similar research into mindfulness being run out of Guys Hospital, in association with Kings College?

Paul

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

hmorris3

No, the studies are not linked in anyway, but i do believe that we are basing our studies on similar mindfulness based principles.

Lurking
PaulX

I see.

I am lined up for the London one, but it does sound like it will be similar.

it all sounds very worthwhile. i hope you're goes well.

Paul

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.