The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Mal

The Jukebox

105 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mal

A place for your favorite songs , performances or any song you find uplifting that puts you in a good mood .

Going to start with this .

This was the last large gig i went to , don't think i could manage a long day such as this again ,

I had been following NIN around Europe on their farewell tour , this was at the 02 Arena and was the best gig i had ever seen , near the end Trent brought on a special guest Gary Numan stage ,

I'm always doing youtube searches for this show ,apart from the two Gary Numan songs there is nothing of real quality .....bit Ill still keep up with my regular searching ;)

Edited by Mal
  • Like 4

lala

R.I.P Chi Cheng - this is one of my favourite deftones songs. x

Mal

Its a goodun! must admit Ive not listened to Deftones for a couple of years , going to have to put some albums on my ipod and catch up :)

Speaking of uplifting songs , though a troubled song about someone close to committing suicide , i have always loved this performance , i have it ripped and put it on my ipod .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5QuSd3TOQ

• Like 2

Crafty Cow

Love this! Fantastic track, great guitar riff to start and best of all, I was there! Happy days :-)

• Like 1

Follow me, you can follow me....and I, I will not desert you..............

Mal

Remember getting this included in a freed CD of up and coming bands many moons ago , think there was three Muse tracks on it , probably still got stored away in a box somewhere ....

One of my all time favorite albums , could never get sick of listening to it , some of the most magical lyrics that could ever be wrote are in this album !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQTENuQYgjM

• Like 3

Ruby Red

Im still a Goth Girl at heart, slightly toned down look these days. Trying to apply black eye liner and lipstick with shakes gives a very freaky crow look :)

Im off to the Alt-Fest in August to see a band I've loved for years, will be the first time i've seen them live.

I know three day camping trip will kill me for weeks after but hey its worth all the pain and suffering :)

Aims x

• Like 3

Crafty Cow

Had to stop black liquid eyeliner too for that very same reason lol

lala

Ha ha - i'm a goth girl at heart too although it's been toned down as i got older!

Never could manage the eyeliner - even before the tremors!

Can't manage the massive heels anymore though :thumbdown:

Mal

Was always a bit heavy on the ole eyeliner , but not as heavy as Robert Smith , the memories

him with smudged lipstick and eyeliner streaming down his face will stick in my mind for ever :)

One of my favorite Cure tracks , i always find this a very soothing song to listen to :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG0Q3kR7_9c

• Like 1

Mal

An amazing performance by Nina Simone singing Stars :)

Got to love the way she stopped playing to tell somebody in the audience to sit down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R96jRnBYymU#!

Edited by Mal

Crafty Cow

How about this for an MS sufferers anthem

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y7EpSirtf_E

• Like 4

eliza

Going back to my youth, I like Trex, Ride a white swan.

For the still standing amongst us, I like elton John i'm still standing.

I am not sure how to add them as a link.

• Like 3

cazza

Much to the "digust" of my late dad, i was madly in love with Marc Bolan/T.Rex as a teenager and had posters all over my bedroom walls.

Ahhhhh, the good old days!!!

(don't make 'em like that any more)

• Like 2

*A Christmas Carole*

angeltess

Yes, those were the days. I loved him too - this is my favourite by him. I've too many songs I love by so many artists I could put hundreds on here, so many to choose from.

Hope this works.

• Like 1

Broken wings can heal and mend again. Don't be afraid to cry your tears out loud. Everybody needs to have a friend. Wishbone Ash.

eliza

Ohhh thankyou for that, it makes me all tingly, in a not ms way. I like that one too. RIP marc. My mum and dad could not see why I had him in my bedroom. well the poster that is. :wow2::whisper: and the music

• Like 1

lala

Jumping on the band wagon here- quite literally! This is my favourite song ever...bit of a long one though!

angeltess

God, I love Jim Morrison so much. He must have been the sexiest man ever. I even made a trip to Paris to visit his grave (a bit ghoulish I know, but I just had to go). If anyone asks who are my favourite band, the Doors always spring to mind along with a few others. I'm not sure what I consider their best track, it changes constantly with my mood. Spanish Caravan, She lives on love street, etc................

Edited by angeltess
  • Like 1

Broken wings can heal and mend again. Don't be afraid to cry your tears out loud. Everybody needs to have a friend. Wishbone Ash.

lala

I love the Doors a lot too, think my mum passed on her passion for Jim to me!

I love 'the end' too but it is a bit too depressing to listen to often!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGmAmJFUvzM

Mal

Gives me a excuse to post one of my favorite tracks by the Doors :dancingman:

think this is like the way i danced to it back in the 80's lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrv7Hs7k7w8

• Like 1

lala

I have now lost a whole day to you tube...Need to focus and concentrate got stuff to do!

Mal

I have now lost a whole day to you tube...Need to focus and concentrate got stuff to do!

Always good to loose your self in music :)

I rate the late Billy Mackenzie as one of the greatest singers , could sing anything from rock - soul to opera ,

shame he had such a troubled life and wasn't able to fulfill his potential .

This was a cheeky release along with Bowies : Boys keep swinging to try to get the attention of the record labels .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slxG2pW6Rjw

Mal

Too much sleeping today , means i'm catching up on some recent NIN show since their

comeback ,their just doing fests at the moment and there is no way i could do one of them

at the moment ,so just waiting for arena dates to be announced so i can get my first NIN fix

for five years :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF6BXLi2OyA

Edited by Mal
  • Like 2

Lilacwine

This has to be my all time fav..I love this albeit sad, and I still remember how happy I felt that day.. Not everyone's favorite, but U2 is mine :)

• Like 1

Muirie

Morning all, only found this forum yesterday and now I have found a musical thread. JOY!

Basically I'm a metalhead/punk/rocker (aging rocker now as I'm nearing my 40th........very old according to my kids). I'm also a lucky

- Pearl Jam "Given to fly"

- Biffy Clyro "All the way down (chapter 1)

I love music festivals and last year finally looked after myself properly at Reading by going to bed early on Friday and Saturday so I had some energy for the Foos on Sunday. Slightly gutted not to be going this year but I've got my kids for 3 weeks so enjoying time with them instead (clearly a better option).

Cheers,

Michael

• Like 1