The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Marina

New! "Resources" section

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Sluggish
Marina

I'm "proud to present" something new! Resources.

This is a directory of links to sites related to all sorts of things to do with MS and disability, and which replaces the old "Advice, Help and Info" forum sections. I hope you'll find it much easier to use, nicer to look at, as well as of help when looking for information. Old dead links from the old sections have been removed and some newer ones added.

There may occasionally be a couple of small blips, eg: thumbnails for links that show "not found" when the web page indeed exists, or moments when the directory pages hang because the site that creates the thumbnails is temporarily overworked. The font size of the descriptions is a bit on the small size for some of us I'm afraid, but unfortunately I can't enlarge it; if at any time I should be able to do so, I will.

It's entirely possible that there aren't links that should be listed. If anyone has any suggestions for suitable links, please send to me by PM and I'll add them if appropriate. See: http://ms-people.com/forum/topic/17550-resources-how-to-submit-a-link/

With regard to layout, you'll see that some sections ("sub-forums") have been moved into their own "forum", eg: "Reading Room" and "Computers" are no longer sub-forums of "Hobbies" and are now listed directly under "Friendship and Fun". This should hopefully make it cleaner looking and easier to see and find.

• Like 3

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Sluggish
Marina

I have increased the font size of link descriptions :flowerface:

To see the description in full and to go to the site being linked to, click the name of the link.

To go to the site that's being linked to: when in the link description, click the blue link at the top next to the thumbnail.

In either case: don't click on the thumbnail itself, it doesn't (yet) work and will redirect you either to the main Resources page or to a page with nothing much on it except the forum's header and footer.

You may have to refresh the pages to see the font's been enlarged.

• Like 1

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.