The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
MS@UniofManchester

What are your experiences of health care services for MS? Share them for a research study

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

MS@UniofManchester

Hi everyone,

my name is Abi and I am a researcher at the University of Manchester, hoping to speak to people about their experiences of health care services for MS.

People eligible for this study are:

Aged over 18

Living in Greater Manchester/ East Cheshire/North Staffordshire- Really sorry it's not nationwide!

Have a diagnosis of MS

Taking part involves telling me about your experiences of health care services for MS, how you feel they meet your needs and symptoms (physically and emotionally) and if there are any areas in which you would like to see improvements.

This interview usually takes between 20 minutes and an hour (totally up to you) and can take place at your home, University of Manchester, work place or another convenient location (again, totally up to you).

If you would like to take part or find out more then please contact meon 07950619368 or at abigail.methley@postgrad.manchester.ac.uk

You can also find out more information here:

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/ms-research/get-involved-research/be-in-a-study#Perceptions_of_healthcare_services

Thank you!

Abi

Crafty Cow

Hi Abi

Just curious, it's a good topic, what degree are you doing this research towards?

Sam :-)))

Edited by Crafty Cow

Follow me, you can follow me....and I, I will not desert you..............

MS@UniofManchester

Hi Sam,

Thanks for asking!

This research is part of my PhD at the University of Manchester. The aim is to talk to people with MS and their health care professionals about how they find the experience of receiving and providing health care services for MS. As I'm based in the primary care department then I'm also looking at the role primary care services play in MS care.

This project is due to finish in October 2014 and if you would like me to post the results here I'd be happy to :)

Best wishes,

Abi

• Like 1