The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Scully

My Latest completed project

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Sleepy
Scully

I've made rag dolls to order for some time. this one is for my newest granddaughter, Frances, born last month.

This one has been a bit of a challenge, but she's finally complete.

post-1212-0-22955800-1416406527_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

Nick

Really nice! I love the plaits, they remind me of Hagar's wife Helga.

There is something really special about Handy crafts and I think you are very skilled.

Nick

• Like 1

Just another Warrior...........

eliza

Its lovely, you are talented. I used to knit a bit but my hands go numb after a while so I dont bother, my hands are not as bad as they used to be and I do fancy crochet. HOwever its something I have never learnt to do. So if you know of an idiots guide to crochet let me know. I have looked on you tube but they go a bit fast for me.

Sleepy
Scully

If you are a knitter, then crochet is pretty easy to master.

Try this one

The great thing about crochet is, once the basics are maltered, it's pretty easily to go back and correct errors, as you only have one stitch on your hook!

Use the You tube link and just pause the tutorial until you have it right!

Scully

"The truth is out there"

Lindylou

She`s gorgeous Scully, you`re so clever!

I`ve just finished knitting a monkey for my grandson. I`ve managed to stuff the arms, legs and tail, but because they are so long they look a bit lumpy! Lol That`s as far as I`ve got at the moment. Have you got any tips for stuffing?

Linda x

Sleepy
Scully

Hello Linda,

Thank you

Stuffing...small amounts at a time.. It's tempting to just grab some stuffing and, well, stuff it in !

With arms and legs and other narrow things, I put very small amounts in at a time, then use the end of a pencil or a wood spoon handle to gently push it into place.

Scully

"The truth is out there"

Lindylou

Thanks for that Scully.

I did put smallish bits in and pushed them down with the end of a large knitting needle, maybe I need even smaller bits!

I suppose practice makes perfect! This is only my second attempt.

Thanks again for the tip, hopefully the body will be easier when I get round to it!

Linda x