The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Herecomestrouble

Any oldies here, there or anywhere.

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Herecomestrouble

Just wondering if there are any old peeps from the 'old forum' lurking about, by old I mean the one BEFORE this one.

HTC

x

I will decide what to put here one day...........brace yourselves........

Sleepy
Scully

Well I joined in 2009......so I guess I'm in !

Edited by Scully
  • Like 1

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

Sluggish
Marina

This forum's been going 11 years (since 2004). Apart from the MSS forum, I don't think there are any other UK MS forums left from before then...

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Herecomestrouble

This forum's been going 11 years (since 2004). Apart from the MSS forum, I don't think there are any other UK MS forums left from before then...

I'm talking about the old format, before this current one.

Sluggish
Marina

I'm wondering if maybe there's some confusion about this forum? We had a major upgrade in 2011 when the appearance of this forum changed quite a bit and lots of new features were introduced. The last time we had a change was when we had another but lesser upgrade a year later in 2012. There's been no further upgrades or changes in format since then, other than adding the newer "Resources" and ''Activity" in the top menu. All changes to the forum can be found here: http://ms-people.com/forum/forum/21-announcements-and-updates/

Marina

Herecomestrouble

I am talking about the forum BEFORE this one started, the one this one crossed over for a short while during that move.......we moved house!

Sluggish
Marina

Sorry HTC, when you said "old forum, before this one... Old format, before this current one", I assumed you meant a forum that existed before I started this forum in 2004. It confused me as you joined this forum at the end of 2013, some 9 years after this forum started. I'm still not sure what you mean, especially when you say "the forum BEFORE this one started"? The only forums that I can remember existing (in the UK) before I started this forum were the MSS forum and the now gone MSRC (now called MS-UK) forum.

My profile explains how and why I started this forum and how it came to grow. There wasn't any crossing over with any other forum when this one started. It wasn't until a few months after I started the forum that a few people from another forum joined us, and it was then maybe a year or two before more people joined and it began to really grow, in 2005 and 2006.

As the forum started 11 years ago, and it was a while later before people from elsewhere started to join, I don't suppose many (if any) of them still visit after all these years. Otherwise, there are a couple of original members who joined in 2004 and who still visit here from time to time, but they're people who came from the MS Trust's mailing list at Yahoo and not from another forum.

Apart from that, I'm aware that there have been a couple of occasions when we had a small number of new members join here who are/were also members of other MS forums; but that wasn't till later, around 2011 and again a year or so later. Perhaps that's what you were thinking of? In which case, yes, some (maybe not all) of them still visit, whether regularly or from time to time.

• Like 2

Marina

Herecomestrouble

I am a complete idiot, you are correct, this is the one that some of us defected to.......please ignore me.... :pathead:

Sluggish
Marina

No problem, HTC :flowerface:

Marina