The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
flappyfeet

lumber puncture results well sort of

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

flappyfeet

hiya everyone I got a letter from hospital that says my results do support the diagnosis of an inflammatory disorder effecting the brain and spine but they are awaiting further results, what does this mean??

results of mri found lesions on spine none on brain

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Just had MRI results - confused

Hi all   So suddenly last month I started having strange neurological symptoms, starting with a sensitive patch on my left arm then numbness and pins and needles in my right arm and hand. I had such exhaustion that I could barely function. I also had lower back pain and electric shock sensations down my spine. I had other strange symptoms that came and went over three weeks like a pressure on my right ribcage and tinnitus. I was referred for MRI. Anyway, after 3 weeks I started to feel much better, I should add I had pins and needles and exhaustion for a month last October.   I just had a phone call from the neurologist who said he'd like to examine me but said I have optic neuritis on my MRI but can't see and other lesions, so it's not ms. Although he mentioned Evoked potential testing. I'm just feeling a bit confused now as I know optic neuritis is often a sign of ms, and not even a symptom I had noticed. Would it be impossible for me to have it on the basis of seeing nothing else? Googling it, it seems a coincidence that it is very linked to ms. The Dr sounded like he was only looking at the scans on the phone and was making his mind up about it. Has anyone else experienced this?  Of course as soon as I got off the phone I had loads of questions!

in General Discussion about MS

• MRI Results not being available for Consultant

I recently went to see my MS consultant in London to discuss treatments that were available to me... or so I thought.... when I got to my appointment, which had cost me (and my husband) £63.00 for the train to London to travel in peak time, I was told that my MRI results had not been sent to them and therefore they were not able to help me.  I felt so frustrated that this was a waste of NHS time as well as mine, as my husband and I had taken the day off work to attend but this was also a waste of money.  The only useful information I got was that I am able to request of copy of my scans to keep for myself.   This was more a piece of information for others, to request a copy of your scans from your local hospital to be able to take with you to appointments.   Moaning over!!  I hope that this will save someone else from having the same frustrations.

• Mri results

Hello could anybody offer there thoughts on this mri do you think ms could be ruled out now ?   Brain   a tiny T2/FLAIR hyper intense white matter lesion bordering on the anterior horn of the left ventricle is noted, which was not visible on prevous exam. A tiny white matter lesion in the semi oval centre on the left side is appears unchanged compared with 2011. both are non specific in the appearances:  neither shows patholigic enhancement or restriction of diffusion. No further white matter lesions are identified in supratentorial brain           conclusion   two tiny white matter lesions are identified in the left hemisphere,one of which is new compared with 2011. the appearance of the lesions are non specific, not definitely demyelinating plaques.in any case no active lesions are identified. no posterior fossa or cervical cord abnormalities    

• Understanding results of MRI scan

I don't know if anyone can help, but all your brains are better than my one! About two months ago I had my second MRI (first was 20 years ago which confirmed ms diagnosis). The consultant then phoned to give me the results. She said there are the lesions in the brain which you would expect in someone who has spms. However, the good news is she said, that there is no inflammation so no new lesions developing. I have since tried to understand what this means. Surely spms means there is no inflammation and how can this news be good? Does it mean that further disability will not develop? For example, my right hand has an intention tremor and so I rely heavily on my left hand to do tasks, like typing this post. It would be a relief to know that I will retain function in my left hand. Any thoughts appreciated!   Jill xx

• First positive Primary Progressive phase III trial results

This is from my local MS Society group...   First positive primary progressive phase three trial results   In October, pharmaceutical company Roche announced top-line results from the first positive phase three clinical trial for people with primary progressive MS.   The trial compared ocrelizumab to a placebo in over 700 people with primary progressive MS. Treatment with ocrelizumab led to a reduction in the progression of clinical disability by 24% compared to the placebo. This reduction was sustained for at least 12 weeks and was measured by the Expanded Disability Status Scale ( EDSS).   Data was also reported from two phase three trials, comparing ocrelizumab to interferon-beta (Rebif) in over 1,600 people with relapsing MS.   The results from these trials show that ocrelizumab reduced the number of relapses compared to Rebif by 46% in one of the trials and 47% in the other. Ocrelizumab also significantly delayed the onset of clinical disability compared by Rebif by 43% and 37% in the two trials.   The data from these trials will be submitted in early 2016 to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and European Medicines Agency so that the licencing process can begin.   Read more here. https://www.mssociety.org.uk/ms-news/2015/10/first-phase-three-trial-show-positive-results-primary-progressive-ms   Scully

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.