The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Sign in to follow this  
Downwards

Anyone for TENs

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Downwards

like many I suffer with excruciating pain.. mostly in my lower legs to the point I think I'll go out of my mind.. thankfully I do get the odd half an hour when the pain gets less.. so thats when the TENs machine comes out! I apply TENs pads on my calfs top and bottom for about 45 mins.. 3 x 15 mins.. I have to be almost pain free to use the TENs else it makes the pain even worse.. but I definitely notice the pain stays away for a day or two after using the TENs pads..then it creeps back again...but that little bit of time almost pain free is heaven!

Anyway just thought I'd share what helps me for those who like me prefer not to be medicated if at all possible.

Edited by Softsqueezy
  • Like 2

ptlike

Yep I used to try tens. Tough on hairy legs though fran lol

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• Tens machine

Hi All   Have you tried a tens machine for neurological pain? Does it work? Aunty Andy not ten machines   Soft southerner   Peter

in General Discussion about MS

• tens machines

Hi all.   I have been given a tens machine to play with from the pain clinic and I am not getting on very well with it. I tried the back/below waist area and that was not too bad but I cannot say I enjoy the sensation from these things even at low voltage speed or whatever.   I then tried one on either side of the back of my neck and others on my back as before. I have been experiencing some very nasty pains in my hands and fingers (base of thumb and one finger joint in particular), and was advised to try the neck area as it was affecting both hands. I found this really unpleasant and could not stand it for long. From then on for a few days everything felt much worse. I am happy to keep trying as I am hoping to find someway of using this to good effect but wonder if I am just going to exacerbate things. Anyone any advice or experience of this? - I must admit I am not sure that anything like this can help with nerves as it must iritate them but perhaps I am not giving it a chance.

in General Discussion about MS

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.