The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Carola

MS and serious falls.

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Carola

I've been really unlucky lately and broke my femur after a fall. I'm a wheelchair user with MS so they've given me a half hip replacement called a hemiarthroplasty. 3 months on I have constant groin pain. I know it's unlikely but I wondered if there's anyone else with MS who has had a hip replacement as I'd love to know how they got on.

Sleepy
Scully

Hello Carola,

Welcome to the forum

So sorry to hear about your fall, dreadful bad luck for sure.

I've fallen a couple of times, and broke my left, then the right wrist, thankfully all healed up now.

You shouldn't have to suffer constant pain, have you asked your GP to refer you back to the consultant for advice? Or, have you been offered any Physio activity to help you? Your MS Nurse may be able to help with getting you into some Physio programme?

Scully

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

Carola

Thanks Scully, can't believe I'm wishing a did something simple like break a leg! MRI scan today.

• Like 1

LollyW

Good luck with your MRI Carola :-)

Lolly

• Like 1

Sluggish
Marina

I haven’t fallen, haven’t had a hip replacement and am not in a wheelchair. However, I’ve had some excruciating pain in the hip, which was suspected to be a combination of hip bursitis together with piriformis syndrome and some form of tendonitis; it’s possible there was also some involvement in connection with my L5 vertebra as I also have spinal stenosis. This gives me groin pain, which I believe isn’t uncommon with some forms of hip or spine problems.

I found this, which you may already have seen:

Groin pain after replacement of the hip: aetiology, evaluation and treatment

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22323676

Hopefully, your MRI today might shed some light for you!

• Like 1

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Carola

Thanks. Good link. I'm investigating iliopsoas tendonitis as the symptoms are very similar to mine. Might involve an op. to release the tendon. Will try and find out how major it is. Can't be as bad as hip replacement surely! So sorry for all you're going through. My pain isn't as bad but all pain gets you down.

• Like 1

Skippysprite

Hi Carola

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about your pain, hopefully the Mri will shed some light on it.

Pam x

Live for today.......never have regrets

Carola

Thanks Pam. A long wait now before I get results.