The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
lordbulldog

My Wifes Struggle with MS

1 post in this topic Last Reply

lordbulldog

Hello when i first started dating Stephanie (my wife) i eventually got introduced to her mother automatically i thought *woah she must be on drugs* showing just how uneducated about MS i actually was i actually got scared but tried to interact the best i could though at this stage natalie (my mum) still had very limited ability to speak so i never really got to know her.

To tell the truth i had never heard of the condition at all so steph told me the basics and asked me if i was too freaked out to continue the relationship as she would not be you typical normal gilfriend because she and her sister were pretty much full time carers and had been since shannon and steph were in their very early teens so yeah the relationship was going well but it meant me comming to her house every day and no dates etc but we grew so close.

For a while Natalie was in and out of hospital a lot until the MS went to her lungs and breathing was a severe problem we then got told she would be dead in a matter of weeks and the plan was for me and my wife to get married this year *2017* instead we planned a wedding in just 4 weeks and executed it on the 2nd of december days later.....natalie passed away it was almost like she hung on just to see her daughters big day such a strong lady

Which leads me to what we are doing for MS basically we linked in with MS society and have planned a special walk in belfast, northern ireland to raise money for the charity it was my wifes idea since tomorow is natalies first birthday not being here so instead of being depressed we done this instead.

If any one would like to donate here is the link https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/william-montgomerynatalieswish :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Can't struggle on alone anymore!

Hi all,   Despite that rather gloomy topic title, I am not actually posting this full of the woes of the world. Just wanted to say "hi" & that I am so relieved to find this site.   I was first told that neurologist suspected MS when 7 months pregnant, about to become a single mum. Not the most cheerful time in the world for me, as you can probably guess. A very pleasant young doctor chatted to me about how his wife was due at the same time as me, mentioned MS to me for the first time, told me to "hope for the best & prepare for the worst" and sent me waddling off on my own, with no more information or support to cry my heart out in the car park. That was in 2001 & I seriously hope that diagnoses are now following the NICE guidelines a bit more closely. After an 18 month wait for an MRI, the official confirmation in 2003 was something of a relief. Even if the neuro was not any better than the last. "You already have one chronic condition, (long story), now you have two." Close the door on your way out....   Since then I have been living with the "ups and downs" of it, as we all do. Raising my son has been a lovely distraction and rather than making my life more difficult, he brings me so much joy that I would take on any horrible things that life wants to throw at me if I have him with me.   The reason I am turning to you all is that, I am SO grateful that my MS is not even worse than it is, that I feel to guilty to talk about & dare I say, have the odd moan about my symptoms. My friends are great but they just can't really understand. (Possibly 'cos I am not too coherrent about the symptoms, to be honest!!). Saying that i had a bad night because of "allsorts"(pain, twitching, aching, numbness, over-tiredness etc) doesn't really help them to "get it".   Can't really cope with it all anymore without being able to share with others who understand.   Gosh that actually did sound quite gloomy, after all!! Hope to share lots of jokes, laughs and stories as well as the bad stuff.   Take care, KingGeorgia

in General Discussion about MS

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.