• Create Account

The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice & information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions & share experiences with people affected by MS.

PIP - Good News?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Marc

Marc

Just popping in...

• Members
  • 44 posts
    Member: 3063

Current mood: None chosen
I made a successful transition from DLA to PIP in 2015 although, having previously been awarded DLA indefinitely, my PIP was only awarded until June 2018.

In June this year, I received a letter from the DWP telling me I had to fill out a form to act as a sort of mid-term review. It was a severely cut down version of a PIP application. I was a little concerned as you hear of all sorts of tales of people having their benefits cut for all sorts of reasons.

Anyway, I got a letter from the DWP this morning telling me that my PIP would continue as is (phew!) but there was a section in the Decision part that said:

When we made our previous decision, we gave yo PIP for a set time as we expected your needs to change. As the evidence you provided shows your needs are continuing, I have given you a longer award.

Now, on first pass through the letter, I didn't see any dates referring to this but, looking back at the first page is does say:

I can still award you the enhanced rate of £xx a week..........you can now get this from 31 July 2027 for an ongoing period

So, by "ongoing period", does that mean indefinite?

By the way, the "2027" above is their typo, not mine and was made for both care & mobility components. At least, I hope it's a typo else I have to wait 10 years for my next payment! :lol:

Stumbler

Stumbler

Living Legend

• Members
  • 1,567 posts
    Member: 1535
  • Zodiac:

Current mood: Procrastinating
That's encouraging. Perhaps the DWP have acquired a brain cell! :lol4:

ptlike

ptlike

Living Legend

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
    Member: 1329
  • Zodiac:

Current mood: Happy
Ha well done

Nick

Nick

Roller Coaster

• Members
  • 1,507 posts
    Member: 1815

Current mood: Thinking
Good news Marc,

Like a lot of folk I'm still waiting to change over from DLA

Nick

Marc

Marc

Just popping in...

• Members
  • 44 posts

View PostNick, on 08 August 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

Good news Marc,

Like a lot of folk I'm still waiting to change over from DLA

Nick

Aren't they all supposed to be done by this year? I heard somewhere that the transition was supposed to be between 2013 & 2017.

I hope yours goes as smoothly as mine.

Nick

Nick

Roller Coaster

• Members
  • 1,507 posts
    Member: 1815

Current mood: Thinking
The change over was supposed to be completed by 30th September 2017, but I see the timetable document on the www.gov.uk site has now been withdrawn. So your guess is as good as mine.

Nick

Marc

Marc

Just popping in...

• Members
  • 44 posts

View PostNick, on 08 August 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

The change over was supposed to be completed by 30th September 2017, but I see the timetable document on the www.gov.uk site has now been withdrawn. So your guess is as good as mine.

Nick

Oh what a shock, the government fails to meet a deadline!

angela

angela

I don't get even,I get odder.

• Members
  • 1,324 posts
    Member: 29

I'm still waiting,but I was talking to a friend on the phone today,her high rate was changed several months ago but her husbands low rate hasn't changed or stopped!

Angela