The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
horseydawn

Pain in the chest

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

horseydawn

:hairraising: Hi guys,

Just wondered if anyone has ever had anything similar???? For the last week I ahve had this annoying pain in my chest...don't panic, If I'd've thought it was my heart I'd have been straight to docs!!!! I think I have strained the intercostal muscles between my ribs but high up on left side. First noticed it when I woke up after falling asleep on my front whilst watching telly...on the floor which was a bit silly of me coz it would be a bit of a pain getting up at the best of times !!!! It's very painful in the morning but wears off as the day goes on but this is probably due to all my painkillers kicking in........

Yer Know I'm reding this and thinking "Silly

Horsey Dawn

Our Website

SeTi^

Eh oh Dawn,

Oh poor you it sounds painful. You're right about the docotrs you should go. I don't think you've cracked a rib mind you. I think its prolly muscle strain but if the docs tell you it's down to the MS demand a referral for an x-ray. They shouldn't as most of the symptoms we get aren't due to the loverly MS but something entirely different. So they should check you thouroughly. Good luck hon and keep taking painkillers if you need them.

Sian :hairraising:

You need both the sun and the rain to make a rainbow appear

Michelle

O'er Dawn,

Sounds really painful. I guess that sort of muscle pain goes in a few days. Andrew had something similar. He was given some anti inflams and told to take it easy. He had no probs with that adive. Out came the xbox, and he was in his elements.

Hope the pain eases soon.

If not i could visit and give you some of this :thumbsup:

Michelle :hairraising:

ddgorgeous

Dawn,

You really should go to the Dr's and have it checked out, it is always better to be on the safe side.

I cracked a rib several years ago and it was very painful............it went on for weeks.

Four years ago I thought I had done the same thing to the same rib again, but the Dr assured me it was not cracked. His woprds were 'you will wish it was cracked'!

On probing him about what he had said, he explained that the muscle had become detached from the bone and it would take much longer to heal than a cracked rib. It eventually healed after three months or so, but sheesh it was painful to laugh, cough etc..................sneezing was shocking!

Please have it checked out as it may be something more serious and it is always wise to err on the side of caution.

Peter is still here tucking into Teddy's jelly cubes, but he should be with you next week and I have a box for him now.

Ron :hairraising:

ppms, dx 2001

horseydawn

:hairraising: Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your concern but as I thought, I am fine, just strained!!!!Has eased off already which is good, HOWEVER I will confess it was quite refreshing in a sick sort of way to have a different kind of pain in a different place to detract from the usual neuropathic pain lol!!!!!!!!!! Was told yesterday that I had the wrong diagnosis by an old(er!) lady yesterday, as "MS isn't a painful disease!!" well, luckily the mediical profession jHAS come a long way! She had asked me what medication I took and I told her just painkillers. She said that with ms they give you medication to stop it, to which I expalined that I wasn't following the usual pattern to which she said that it must be something else then!!!!!!!!!!Suppose I'd better tell my neuros that then!!!!!!!!!!

She explained her niece had Ms. Seems to me that a little knowledge can be worse that none at all!!!!!!!!!!And hey guys, how many of you want someof that magic medicine that stops ms??????

To be honest I can't be rude about her ignorance as I also had NO clue before my diagnosis.

Sending you all my love and best wishes

Horsey Dawn

Our Website

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now