The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
angela

Good Afternoon

27 posts in this topic Last Reply

angela

Good Afternoon All

Well it's not very often I'm the first to post I

thought it's a horrible cold day I won't go out I'll

spend a couple of hours on the computer there must be

somebody on the forum but no! where are you all saving

you energy for the "big" sign in! take care all

bfn Angela

(:blush3:)

Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world! Bette Midler.

ddgorgeous

Angela,

Great to hear from you, I don't blame you for not venturing out in the cold today, I am on my third day now and slipping into this way of life too easily!

You know what they say about the road to h*** and those good intentions, they don't mention anything about decomposing infront of daytime tv. Summer (the wet weekend in July between winter and the rainy season) will be here in about 6 months so at least it will get a little warmer then, time for another cup of tea!

Take care and best wishes,

Ron :blush3:

ppms, dx 2001

Hils

Hi Angela and Ron,

Jolly chilly in Sussex too :rose: I took the bit between my teeth today and hired a scooter from my local shopping mall (first time I've done it) and shopped till I dropped!! :wink2: Oh the joy of being able to go into more than 2 or 3 shops before being too wobbly to manage any more. There'll be no stopping me now. My credit card has found a new lease of life.

Is it tomorrow, the big sign in?

Hils

:blush3:

If you can meet with triumph and disaster...and treat those two imposters just the same...

angela

Hi Hils and Ron

I think you were very brave to go out today Hils

those :rose:'s are briliant though arn't they I've

had one for about five years now, children are quite

facinated by it even more when I could walk with a stick

and carried a folding one, the look on their faces when I

held it up and let it straighten, memories long gone,take care

bfn Angela

:blush3:

ps hope it's better tomorrow or I might have to hire a :wink2:

as I have to pass two open stretches of the river Windrush

crispy

Hi Hils, :wink2:

Which part of Susex are you in? Apologies if I've asked that before. I was born in Eastbourne, worked in Brighton, Haywards Heath, Crawley, Hastings, Rye, Tunbridge Wells etc. etc.

Hi too to Angela, I see you're heading for the Elite Club :rose:

Bye until tomorrow, :blush3:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

Hils

Hi Chris,

We have trodden the same paths. I live in Crawley, went to college in Eastbourne, and today am off to Worthing to see a pal. :blush3:

How are you doing these days Chris? Don't hear so much from you on this site as we used to. Hope you're ok.

Hils

:wink2:

If you can meet with triumph and disaster...and treat those two imposters just the same...

crispy

Hi Hils, :wink2:

I worked in Worthing too, but the place has bad memories for me - that's where wife No.1 went to live.

I have very few hours each day to get things done, so the forum has taken a bit of a back seat, especially while it was so quiet around here. I have been meaning to start my diary entries again, in some form, but when things are low, there's not much incentive.

Have a good weekend, :blush3:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

angela

HI Chris

I knew I was getting close this is number 99 so it's

my big day tomorrow :blush3::rose: but knowing my

luck the computer will blow up or NTL will have a bad

day til tomorrow I hope take care

bfn Angela

:wink2:

beddoe79
Hi Chris,

We have trodden the same paths. I live in Crawley, went to college in Eastbourne, and today am off to Worthing to see a pal. :leap:

How are you doing these days Chris? Don't hear so much from you on this site as we used to. Hope you're ok.

Hils

:cheerleader:

I used to live near Crawley - in Redhill just over the border although I left there in 1989.

how is it?

Hils

Hi Leigh,

Well, Crawley is still near Redhill! I don't know Redhill very well - very rarely go there now although I once took part in a production of Hello Dolly with their amateur operatic group. I know Reigate a bit better, pass through it now and then. Do you ever come back this way? :cheerleader:

Why did you leave Redhill?

Hils

:leap:

petac

Sorry to butt in , but I used to live near Croydon and my husband was born in Redhill. I went on a children's work conference in Redhill many years ago :leap:

Is it a small world or what? :cheerleader:

Peta

Peta

catzzz.gif

Hils

Hi Peta

Redhill is obviously the place to be! it certainly is a small world.

Just discovered this smiley :leap: it made me chuckle.

Hils

beddoe79

My mum and dad went on holiday to Wales and fell in love with Swansea. We moved there when I was 9 and I now live in Sheffield (moved here nearly 3 years ago).

Peta - i used to live in Mitcham before Redhill and I have quite a lot of family around Croydon.

petac

Wow it really is a small world, Leigh! I used to live in Carshalton, and previously Beddington and we used to go to Mitcham Common for the fair. My brother still lives in Wallington, he is a potter with a workshop at Merton Abbey Mills

Best wishes

Peta

Peta

catzzz.gif

dawney-t

Hey, can I join in. My husband used to live in Old Coulsdon just down the road from Redhill.

Maybe this is the link the researchers have been looking for to find out the cause of MS - what do you think?? :leap::cheerleader::lol:

Love Dawn x

MS diagnosed May 2004, PPMS diagnosed July 2004

petac

Hey Dawn

The world gets even smaller my husband used to live in Old Coulsdon and up until about 18months ago my mother in law lived there, she lived in Taunton Lane. This is freaky!! :lol: How old is your husband? Perhaps he knew mine :cheerleader:

These "links" are really mind blowing!!! :hooray:

Best wishes to all, who knows we might all be related :hooray::lol:

Peta :leap:

Peta

catzzz.gif

dawney-t

Hi Peta

Spooky or what!!! My husband lived in Stony Field Road in Old Coulsdon but it was many, many years ago. He is 56 now and moved to Norfolk back in 1966. Before Old Coulsdon he lived in Streatham. He was a photographer for the Fleet Street newspapers, and is a great Crystal Palace supporter!!

Take care

Love Dawn x

Hils

You've sussed it Dawn! You've found the link!

:leap:

Quick - evacuate everyone from Surrey. (It would certainly bring the house prices down)

I spent my childhood in Ashtead, and a few years later in Ewell - not that far from Old Coulsdon or Carshalton.

Certainly is spooky Dawn.

:cheerleader:

Hils x

beddoe79
Wow it really is a small world, Leigh! I used to live in Carshalton, and previously Beddington and we used to go to Mitcham Common for the fair. My brother still lives in Wallington, he is a potter with a workshop at Merton Abbey Mills

Best wishes

Peta

this is getting scary now - i was born in carshalton in st hellier hospital

petac

Oh this gets freakier and freakier!! I lived on the edge of the St Helier estate in Carshalton, went to school at the Willows in Morden, my best friend lived in Ewell!! I worked in Croydon then later moved offices to work on Streatham

My husband is 55, what school did your husband go to, Dawn? They might have known each other?

This is really weird

Peta :leap:

Peta

catzzz.gif

dawney-t

Hi Peta, hi Hils, hi Leigh and all with a Surrey connection.

My husband (also called Peter, with an 'er') moved to Old Coulsdon from Streatham after leaving school. He went to Kingsdale Comprehensive in East Dulwich and before that to Hitherfield Primary.

Spookier by the minute - you used to work at Streatham.

Dawn

beddoe79

And that you went to school in Morden - that's where my gran used to live.

This is very freaky lol

petac

I went to school, The Willows in Central Rd, Morden, I don't know if the school is there now. We did attempt to blow it up while I was there but that's another story!! :lol:

I really can't believe how we all have so many sort of connections, very, very freaky :bomb: (so is that smilie!!)

Best wishes to all of you my "relatives"

Peta :cry:

Peta

catzzz.gif

beddoe79

Thank you peta - same to you.

Great to have a few links with a few members.

Lula_lulabel

Hello girls!

My best friend lives in Croydon!

Just thought I'd join in the fun lol

Love Lula xxx

sprinkling magic all around