The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
lisalisa

SPASM.... BLADDER/ BOWEL ?

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

lisalisa

Hi Everyone,

Something horrible happened this morning. I have had cramp type feeling and spasms in my legs and lower back before that have been painful but nothing compared to this morning.

I woke up usual time ( early thanks to youngest son ) ... got out of bed to head for bathroom as wanted a pee. As soon as i stood up the most painful spasm spread across my middle and pelvis it was so strong it knocked me of my feet.

I can usualy cope with pain quite well but this was bad. I lay on floor ( hubby already left work ) and i couldnt move it was one long continuous spasm which felt as if it was coming from deep inside. When it subsided a bit i crawled to toilet ( i couldnt walk )but it was like my bladder had froze... i wanted to go but nothing would happen then the spasm cramp pain came back tho not as bad as first time, so i got back to the bed and lay on my front and after about 5 mins it stopped. Went back to loo and bladder worked....and its not come back again, my left leg has been going numb on and off all day but nothing else.

Has anyone else had this ?

Lisa x

Sleepy
Scully

Hi Lisa,

I've had a few 'bladder spasms' and they really are painful.

It's probably worth getting the GP surgery to check a sample, just in case you have a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection), mine were clear, but just recently I have had a UTI as well, so it may be worth getting it checked out, just in case.

Thankfully the baldder spasms passes, but it's pretty uncomfortable at times huh?

Scully

x

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

lisalisa
Hi Lisa,

I've had a few 'bladder spasms' and they really are painful.

It's probably worth getting the GP surgery to check a sample, just in case you have a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection), mine were clear, but just recently I have had a UTI as well, so it may be worth getting it checked out, just in case.

Thankfully the baldder spasms passes, but it's pretty uncomfortable at times huh?

Scully

x

lisalisa

Hi Scully,

Thanks for reply, i will ask GP.... should be seeing her this wk if my test results ever come back.

I dont think i got UTI tho cos im not having any probs other than that one episode.

It was so painful tho, knocked me off my feet the pain was so intense and im not exagerating :wink2:

At least it didnt last a long time tho or keep coming back ( fingers crossed ) :cheerleader:

How are you ?.... hope you feeling better than you were.

Lisa xx

kooky

Hi lisa.....I thought i'd reply as I suffered something very similar the other day.

I went to get my hair cut .....1st time in 8 months as I've not felt well enough before....had my hair washed, and I was fine....sat in the chair and had the most 'take your breath away pain' like no other........deep in the bowel pain and spasms. It simply wouldn't go away....Hairdresser cut my hair in record time and actually wanted to call the paramedics ( oh the shame I shall not go there again!!!!). Hubby bought me home ( I barely managed to get in the car).....and I was howling like an animal.....thankfully painkillers kicked in and I fell into a deep sleep and was fine when I woke up....wierd!!!

I am under investigation for this ...had stool/bloods and ultrasound yesterday.....so I dont know whats going on.....but believe me, if it happens again, i won't hesitiate to call 999.....I was so frightened.

Defnitely mention this to your GP. Is this an MS symptom that you had?....severe pain is so debilitating isn't it....I hope you don't suffer from it agaion.xxxxx

Sick & tired of being sick & tired !!!!

Badger

oh.. I once had something like that when I had gone for a pee - I was sat on the loo (sorry if TMI!) and had this incredible sharp, cramping lower stomach pain, it made me double up, lasted for a couple of minutes, in which I was in agony, then went... I didnt know what it was, but it has not come back since, thank god.

Michelle

I can't say that I have had painful bladder spasms. I do have them,but other than me waiting to wee myself after them, there's nothing - no pain etc.

I always wear a pad,which helps with my confidence when out and about. So far I have refused medication from my neuro to control my bladder,as I feel I can cope with the problem.

Hope you get yourself sorted real soon.

Michelle :hearts_circle:

Christina

Hi Lisa

Isn't it scary when you get unexplained pain like that!

I think it's hard to know whether this pain would have been bladder or bowel. Constipation and/or irritable bowel syndrome can give horribly painful cramping too especially in the area you experienced it.

Hope it stays away!

Chris :hearts_circle:

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

lisalisa

Hi everyone

It has not happened today, got cramps in leg today and right side of my face keeps twitching. Felt a right prat when bin cleaning men came for their money this morning..... still in dressing gown with face twitching & winking at em, bet they thought i was a desperate housewife :hearts_circle: !!

Kooky.... i dont know if its MS, i havnt been diagnosed with anything yet. I know what you mean about calling 999, when i was on the floor i kept thinking my appendix had burst or something the pain really was awful.

Thank you all for your replies :lol4:

Lisa xx

heather

awww hun that sounds very painfull . lets hope all is ok .. xxxxx thinking of u xx

Summer
irritable bowel syndrome can give horribly painful cramping too especially in the area you experienced it.

:hearts_circle:

Don't mention IBS, ouch, it can be really painful at times and very difficult to do anything with, I have been doubled up on the floor with an IBS pain, usually because I have accidentally eaten wheat, even a speck upsets my system : (

lisalisa

Hi Heather,

Its not happened again :hearts_circle: thank god.

Hi Summer,

Hope its not IBS starting thats all i need :lol4:

Lisa xx

Lindyloo

Lisa hope you dont get it again... thinking of you ... it sounds soooo painful..

Off to bed...

theres a cat fight at the bottom of my stairs ... my two puddys are hissing at each other.. i have recently rescued a ginger kitty and named him Chudleigh - my other cat Fifi does not like him.. Miowwwwwww

nite nite hun

Lindy xxx :rofl::hearts_circle::lol4:

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

lisalisa

Ahh thanks Lindy :you-rock:

Hope the kitties are alright, suppose they have got to establish who is the boss and then they will live in harmony..... bit like me and my hubby, once he accepted i was the boss we got on fine !! :lol4:

Lisa xx

Summer
Hope the kitties are alright, suppose they have got to establish who is the boss and then they will live in harmony..... bit like me and my hubby, once he accepted i was the boss we got on fine !! :you-rock:

Lisa xx

It's a good job I wasn't sipping my tea just then, would have had a splattered keyboard lol

I hope it isn't IBS too.