The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Akorah

Penalised for fighting the monster

67 posts in this topic Last Reply

kooky

Hi Love....are you still logged in??x

I just wanted you to know that I will be thinking of you at your appointment. I'm guessing it's this morning and hoping that you don't have to travel too far. I can't believe it has come to this, but I'm praying that this man soon realises that you are disabled and that the 'evidence' he has is unjustified.

The Nanny State has gone mad and you are rightfully entitled to everything you get as you are unable to work. The fact that your daughter is your carer speaks volumes.

Keep strong ( well as strong as possible under the stress that you are under) and sending you much love. Kooky xxxxxxxx

Edited by kooky

Sick & tired of being sick & tired !!!!

Akorah

hi everyone so interview over!! He asked me about my walking abilities and i told him it depends on the day he showed me the videos of me walking the dogs and stated he had measured a distance of 1.5 miles i told him now i am proud of myself!! I asked him if he had videoed me later in that day he said do you think i did so i told him not unless you were in my bedroom because i stayed in bed the rest of the day.He was ok and after i asked him what happens now he told me his superiors would be in touch but to put my mind at rest he told me he didnt think id committed fraud and that he wouldnt be videoing me no more. So now i just have to wait and see. He told me he believed me to be truthful and he told me to a stranger in the street i dont look disabled i told him good coz thats not who i am. Im a happy smiling woman who saves her crying for behind closed doors and i prefer that in public no one feels sympathy for me. I also told him i smiled so much because most of the time im high on codein lol Thanx again all of you for your kind wishes and i will tell you what happens when i know!! :hearts_circle:

chelly xxx

Michelle

This is a dilema isn't it? But you look so well... If only they could jump into msers skins, and have a load of what msers go through. They would then think again.

Well, I'm glad that interview is over for you. You now know, that you don't look ill. I wish they would research more into disease and see how it affects people. Maybe they would save themselves a trip out with the measuring tape.

Hope you're managing to chill out hon

Michelle :hearts_circle:

Akorah

Hi michelle well ive rested my afternoon away but im still totally exhausted. 1 thing the man did say to me is well your very popular you were very hard to follow because people kept stopping you to chat! i wonder if he asked everyone if they knew id got MS? i know he went into my vets to ask how many times i make the walk there. it may be 1.5 miles by car but on foot its definately not i walk through the park which cuts at least 1/4 of a mile each way and as he said i stopped lots!! which i pointed out to him. he also admitted he didnt see me for the rest of the day i told him thats because id knackered myself out! I did the best i can and i was open and honest with him. So hopefully thats an end to it he just said they would be in touch so im still stressing!

chelly xxx

lisalisa

Oh My God, i cant believe he actualy went into the vets and asked them that!!

This whole thing stinks, they are trying to punish you for being the type of person who tries to make the most of the life they have been given, a life living with disability.

Also i was thinking about this yesterday, they seem to be making a big deal about walking the dogs as if someone with a disability shouldnt be able to do that. But what about Dogs for the disabled... i guess what im trying to say is that if you have a well trained dog who is tune with the owner why should it be a big deal that they go for a walk. You have difficulty walking that doesnt mean you cant walk. Its not as if he videoed you doing a bloody triathalon, you just went for a walk.

You are a very brave lady. You fight MS every day... so you sure as hell can beat this lot.

Lisa xxx

Akorah

Thanx Lisa. I told him that no matter what im gonna walk my dog he said surely someone else can do it if you cant i told him no way akkys my dog and he looked at my daughter she said i dont think so lol i told him our 2 dogs together weigh 13 stone and its not a good idea for 1 person to walk them alone. He did say that he could see my dog was well trained and i told him akkys been mine since he was 4 weeks old and that we were in tune he knows if im on a bad day! I love walking my dog and no matter what no ones gonna take that from me ever!! Funny story though i told the man today that i had a walking stick, crutches and a motability scooter at home. And he said how long have you had the scooter so i told him about a year. So he said well i saw a scooter being delivered to you yesterday i told him no way he said i saw it. So i was thinking i told him maybe you were looking at the wrong house. then later i was talking to my son in law and i told him about that and he started laughing he said do you know what he saw i said not a clue he said me arriving on my 600cc suzuki :hearts_circle: I can imagine me at 4ft 11 trying to ride that!!!

chelly xxx

lisalisa

Oh that made me laugh.... He doesnt know much about disability if he cant tell difference between a 600cc motorbike and a motobility scooter!!

Lisa xx

brainless

DEAR GOD!! does anyone with a brain work in these institutions!!!

glad you're getting a laugh about it ...... best attitude!!

:hearts_circle: Lottie

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

Lilacwine

I hope everything works out fine hun :wine:

I agree with Lottie half of these people couldn't hold the job as a Hod Carrier for Lego :boo:

Lilac :lol4:

happyandy

Look on the bright side, When the coalition make their swingeing cuts, the b@stard will be out of a job

Then he will probably get done working on the side doing wedding videos.

What goes around .....

Andy

If I knew I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of my body

madderbat

So pleased to read that you didn't have a bad time yesterday, Bozo's isn't a good enough word for it!

Motorbike/Mobility scooter

No difference really.....???????????????

I hope you get the letter soon and can put the whole thing behind you.

Jane x :lol4:

Never make the same mistake twice. There are so many new ones you can try a new one every day ;)

kooky

Maybe you should put a piece in your local paper and say that if people had been stopped by a strange man asking questions about you, then not to worry he was just a stalker and to report him to the police if they see him again !!!!!

Honestly, I wonder what the vets replied to his question ( I'd be tempted to phone and ask if they gave any personal details to him, I mean it's an invasion of your privacy isn't it?????)

Also the fact ( that as others have said) that he cannot tell the difference between your scooter and a motor bike, is beyond me!.....Actually, you should phone him and let him know his massive mistake and also log it down incase this goes to an appeal.

So he followed you for one day then?......thought an investigator would do this type of work over a longer time course, so to get a bigger picture??????

I think you held yourself together very well, so be proud of yourself. Did you tape the interview?xxx

Sick & tired of being sick & tired !!!!

Summer

I can feel anger rising within me.

I am completely unable to say anything, there are so many thoughts, largely already spoken here.

Christina

Hi Chelly

I think you held yourself together really well in the face of a very stressful situation. Not sure I could have done the same. The fact that he's checking up with the vets about you is unbelievable too! I am still so angry on your behalf - the bloke clearly has no idea what having MS means and is completely judging you by how you look. Most people in the street wouldn't know I had MS either, it's often an invisible disability and of course if you don't look unwell , then you can't be!! Makes my blood boil!

Chris x :lol4:

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

Akorah

Hi all thanx for your comment and for kooky It was an audio taped interview and a funny thing happened there too im sure my mum who passed 6 years ago was in there with me. He started the tape and we all had to say our names he asked me why i had chosen to not have a lawyer present and i told him because i wasnt guilty of any offence (lol) then suddenly the machine started screeching like a banshee if you had all seen the panic in his face he was checking all the wiring whilst explaining to the screaming machine that he didnt understand what was wrong :lol4: i looked at my daughter and she looked at me and we both thought MUM!!! lol needless to say the noise eventualy stopped and he was sweating a bit saying my god what happened there!! I dont know what information my vets gave him but i generally go between every 4 to 6 weeks depending on my health and thats what i told him. All the video footage seemed to be from one day but he said he had been observing me for about a month. He did know that about 4 weeks ago me and my daughter painted the 4 fence panels bordering my garden i told him yes we did im the one sitting on the floor!! He kept saying to me about the distance i can walk and i pointed out to him that it says distance walked without sever discomfort i told him if i was honest then i would have put 0 meters because my feet hurt even if im not standing on them!! I told him do you know what its like for your feet to feel like they have been set on fire and put out using a hammer?? he said no i said i do!! Anyway im just awaiting the letter now that will determine my fate!! I did ask my son in law to bring my motability scooter back today but he refused!!

:wine:

chelly xxx

Akorah

Ha ha good idea miss wiggle

chelly xxx

Dianni

Hi Chelley :you-rock:

I'm dead proud of you! You held yourself together, acted with dignity and put your case perfectly! I love the idea of you turning up on motorbike rather than a mobility scooter! I also love the idea that your mum messed with the machine! Fantastic! Ican just imagine his face! :wchair:

I'm still furious that you had to go through this hunni. Lets hope that sense prevails and nothing further is done.

Hugs

Di

xxx