The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
jeni

"HELLO TO ALL"

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

jeni

Hello, I have been waiting in the wings for some time reading with great interest all that has been written and feel that I do know you and can empathise with some of you. I have now made the big step of writing instead of reading. As yet I have not been Dx'd and currently I am still having investigations ie: Brain and Spine MRI nothing significant found, due to have a VEP and ERG done on friday. A little about myself (probably turn out to be a log book). Have had spinal problems dating back some 30 years, have had a lot of spinal surgery during those years and tended to put my symptoms down to that. About 10 years ago developed terrible vertigo/vomiting which lasted severely for 3-4 months and never really went, some weeks better than others since. Bladder urgency and rather bad constipation. Dropped right foot which has continual numbness/pins and needles for the last 7 years and lot's of pain in the leg. Loss of balance and head pain, and a nasty itch/pain on the scalp plus itch/pain patches on either side of rib cage and on the top of my spinal scar which seems to be part and parcel of my life for some time now!!!! About 6-7 weeks ago developed a horrible pain behind my eye, first one eye then the other, leaving me with the feeling of looking through a dirty window (mind you have been so tired of late they probably are), now I know the reason for my dirty eyes!!!!! Sorry to have been so long winded but this is the condensed version!!!. At present my left leg seems to be emulating my right leg, pain, numbness and a sense of foot drop. Normally a bubbly optimistic person but at present seem to be floundering. Lovely to speak to you. :lol4:

brainless

welcome. Jeni, glad you decided to join in.

Sounds like you are really going through the mill. :lol4:

Hope you find some answers/help here or, at the very least, comfort knowing that you are not alone and there is now someone to unload to.

:lol4:

Edited by brainless

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

ptlike

Hi Jeni and wellcome :lol4:

Best wishes

Peter

Dianni

Hi Jeni and :lol4:

Glad to have you aboard and I'm looking forward to seeing you around!

Hugs

Di

xxx

jeni

THANK YOU for your warm welcomes Lottie Alice Peter & Di.

Yes I have had a bumpy ride but! after reading some of the replies it has put mine firmly on the back burner!!! but it's after reading some of the replies it made me realize that I had the same symptoms as some of you lovely people and which were totally different to any of the problems that I had with my "Bad Back"!!!! Not sure if I am nervous or just relieved that the tests will be done tomorrow but then again not sure if the answer will be the right or wrong one for me, of course like you all I do not want MS, but! I really do not want to keep feeling this way without knowing what has gone wrong in my body to keep giving these symptoms, but I do realize that you know what I am feeling. Mind you I hope I do not have to get undressed to have the tests!!!!! my body where I have the itchy patches is bruised due I think to my scratching? My poor husband!!!!

But once again thank you reading and listening, and Alice I will be thinking of you next week "Good Luck" to you.

Michelle

Hello Jeni and welcome,

All the best for tomorrow. Let us know how you get on.

Regards

Michelle :lol4:

Hezza
:lol4: from me too Jeni & all the best for tomorrow

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Lilacwine

Hiya Jeni welcome :lol4:

Good luck for tomorrow.

Lilac :lol4:

Christina

Hi Jeni

Welcome from me too!! Glad you uncloaked and hope you enjoying posting and find the forum helpful. We're a friendly bunch!!

Chris x :lol4:

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

kooky

Hi Jenni, welcome to MS People.xx

Sick & tired of being sick & tired !!!!

Summer

Hi Jeni

Let us know what happens after your tests :hearts_circle:

Dianni

Hi Jenni

How did you get on with the tests? Hope you didn't have too bad a time.

Hugs

Di

xxx

jeni

Hi Michele Cara Lilac Chris Kooky Summer & Di,

Thank You so much for your warm welcomes and what a lovely lot you are to be concerned over me when I do realize, that you have probably had these very same tests???

I do not know anyone who has had these tests done so therefore I did not know what they were actually going to do other than they would be electrical!!! They were long and tiring they told me at the begining that they would take approx 2 - 3 hours but 5 hours later I was still having them done, mind you the lovely Irish Technician who was doing them could not of been anymore kinder than what she was, did feel a fool at one time though the technician asked me to open my mouth and keep blinking and keep looking at the screen when they were doing the eye test, well I got muddled after a while and the technician asked me (I thought) to put my thumb between my teeth which I did, she said what are you doing, I replied putting my thumb between my teeth, she replied no I said put your tongue between your teeth well that lightend the atmosphere I can tell you.

They appeared to have a lot more trouble with my right hand side than the left hand side from eyes to feet, whil'st doing the tests, but who knows what the results will be?

My neurologist has said that all depending what the results turn out to be that he would like to do a LP, but I do not feel at this moment in time that I will be having one.

But Thank You so much for your kind wishes.

Jeni xx

Michelle

You're welcome. Loved your thumb/tongue story. Made me giggle.

Michelle :moonieman:

Hezza

I loved that story too! Being from Ireland myself I was reading it with the accent so can see how easily the mistake could be made.

Accents can be a nightmare...to this day I won't telephone in a takeaway order because trying to get them to understand my address is too difficult :moonieman:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres