The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
gingermagic

Just returned from Bulgaria liberated

68 posts in this topic Last Reply

gingermagic

Just returned from Bulgaria. Just wanted to tell anybody thinking of going, Grozdinski's team are fantastic and very professional.

PS - feeling great!

Edited by gingermagic

Billion year old carbon

brainless

Hi gingermac

obv joined after you went; fascinated; what's all this about... treatment??

:hearts_circle:

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

happyandy

Ginger was getting the CCSVi liberation treatment

Andy

If I knew I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of my body

Lindyloo

Hey Ginger

good for you please tell us how you got on!!!

Nice to see you back mate

Lindyxx

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

ptlike

Hiya Ginger

Pleased your home safe but would you let us know how effective it has being

Best wishes

Peter

Dianni

Hi Ginger :hearts_circle:

Hope everything goes really well! Please let us know how you get on.

Hugs

Di

xxx

Michelle

Hello Ginger,

Nice to hear from you again. Even nicer to hear that you're doing well.

Regards

Michelle :hearts_circle:

Tania B

Ginger,

I'm so glad to hear your good news as I was wondering why we hadn't heard form you for so long. Do let us know more. I notice that you edited your post and originally it said much more.

Tania x

Edited by Tania B

gingermagic

I originally had put more technical info about the treatment, but didn't know if anyone was interested in that.

I had angioplasty in both jugulars and my azygous.

Brain fog gone, fatigue better, foot drop better. Zamboni says that liberation is not a cure for MS, more a relief of symptoms. Zamboni also says that the full benefit of the treatment can take up to 18 months to be seen in full. So what I have seen in 5 days is very promising.

I just wanted to say to anyone thinking of Bulgaria, it is an excellent and very professional service.

I will keep you updated.

Gingermagic

Billion year old carbon

Lindyloo

Hi Ginger

So glad for you - i hope you carry on with good progress and good health... I am very interested in everything you say...

again- nice to have you back mate..

chat soon

Lindyxx :hearts_circle:

Pathways has a good bit on CCSVI this month... pissed off for Colm and all his hard work with the petition..getting rejected.. it makes me so cross!!

LindyLoo xx

colmmc

Hi all

Don't be pissed off for me.I'm one of the lucky one's , I go to Poland In 15 day's ( I'm getting a little giddy now ).

But DO be pissed off for the people that haven't got the means of going.

thats why I/we must continue the fight on their behalf. We have to get it going in the UK.

I'm hoping after the procedure to have more energy, If & when I have I know where that energy is going to be used. Lookout I'm coming for you: NHS/ NICE/ HM Government/ MSS .

Colmmc

Tania B

I was interested in knowing both the technical and about your well being Ginger.

Colm - do let us know how you get on and keep up the good work.

Tania

Lindyloo

Good on ya Colm... love your fighting spirit... good luck with it all...

talk soon mate

lindy

:mooning:

LindyLoo xx

gingermagic

MS people,

One week after liberation my abilities increase each day.

My EDSS has gone from 4.5 to 2.5 in one week and continues to improve. I can hold a coherent conversation for hours. Yesterday I walked for approximately 1 Km and played hide and seek with my little girl for 20 minutes. I nearly cried!

I feel fatigue

Billion year old carbon

gingermagic

By the way Colm, I think when you said I'm over the moon, well I know I can walk further but the moon is a little too far!!!!!!!!!!!

Billion year old carbon

Michelle
MS people,

One week after liberation my abilities increase each day.

My EDSS has gone from 4.5 to 2.5 in one week and continues to improve. I can hold a coherent conversation for hours. Yesterday I walked for approximately 1 Km and played hide and seek with my little girl for 20 minutes. I nearly cried!

I feel fatigue

Summer

This is all very encouraging.

If we need to keep the blood going, maybe that is why I hear people advocate exercise. I certainly get less intense symptoms if I keep moving, still that might be due to other things and just a coincidence.

Heffi

SO pleased for you, Gingermagic. Fantastic news!!!!! :hearts_circle:

colmmc

HI

I've read so many post Liberation reports ,watched countless utube clips.

But to hear it from a mate,who I have spoken to often since 2009,about our hope's & fears surrounding the whole Liberation , CCSVI debate. Knowing you would give a honest and frank review of your condition.Well this means so much more.

Thanks Ginger and may your improvement's continue.

And I'm right behind you 12Days and counting.

Edited by colmmc

gingermagic

Summer,

I think your point about exercise is very relevant.

Co-incindenally the progression of my MS started after a house move, combined with having a baby. Some people might say this was stress, but I disagree.

I had mild symptoms for ten years or so before diagnosis. All that time I ran....allot. My MS syptoms only came on with full force when I stopped running. When you have a baby you do not have the time! This links in with the reduction in blood flow.

My main symptom 'WAS' fatigue which stopped me exercising. I can exercise now. If I can run again, this will be the cherry. A few weeks ago this would be unthinkable, but with the improvement I have seen I am not ruling this out.

While in Bulgaria some one told me a story of someone who started to run post liberation. We shall see. 4.5 to running is a big step.

In Bulgaria I remember showing grozdinski how I was amazed that I could hop on my bad leg.........unthinkable!

Suffice to say he stopped me immediatley............LOL.

Gingermagic

Billion year old carbon

Summer

My worst symptoms ever were when I had guests and we mostly sat around in the dark winter days, rarely doing more than going upstairs to shower or walking to the kitchen.

Tania B

Gingermagic,

It's fantastic to hear about your improvements. Thank you for bringing us some hope.

I'm on the waiting list at Glasgow for a scan / liberation. Talking to others with MS at my local therapy centre, however, there is a mixture of pure scepticism about CCSVI and the Liberation treatment, but also some quiet enthusiasm. It's so good to hear about your real life experience to put it all into context.

Are you still taking LDN and having oxygen therapy?

Tania

gingermagic

After so many years of fatigue, I still do not have the confidence to stop LDN just yet, but am considering stopping it soon.

As for the oxygen, I am not stopping that for a while. As I see it my body has allot of healing and strengthening to do. This needs as much oxygen as I can get.

I have met then same responses to liberation at my ms therapy centre. Someone said to me,'the last one was stem cells, CCSVI is the just another flash in the pan.'

Each therapy needs to be considered on its own merrits. Stem cells have the potential to be everything and more to allot of people. But the technology for the application of stems cells is not there yet.

Where as CCSVI has published papers. Venous restriction has been found to exist in the majority of MS patients by Zamboni and the Bufallo study (in varying degrees).

Research everything for yourself, do not be swayed by nodding dogs standing on the side lines. I am sure Colm or myself would be happy to send you proof of the existence of CCSVI.

It was so refreshing in Bulgaria to hear qualified, experienced doctors talking about CCSVI as they would do in this country about varicous veins, or hernia operations. Don't be consumed by the sceptisism, the truth is out there!

Billion year old carbon

lucky

this all sounds great news - it would be wonderful if someone who had it done videoed themself before and a catalogue of after. makes it more concrete for putting up a good fight for others.