The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
gingermagic

Just returned from Bulgaria liberated

68 posts in this topic Last Reply

brainless

oh Colm, how moving. I so so so so hope you are talking like that in a couple of weeks time. If goodwill has anything to do with it would think you are sailing on a sea of it from this site alone!

I wish you so much good will and will be waiting with baited breath to hear your good news,

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

Lindyloo

Hope you had a lovely day Ginger with your little girl....Good for you!!!! Hope there are plenty more good days ahead..

As far i as know the big pharmaceutical companies are not interested in LDN because it has already been approved and licenced at a higher dose for addictions etc... LDN at such a low dose does not interest them as its so cheap to manufacture and there is no FAT profit for their big greedy pockets...

Also, the MS Society advocates the use of some of the very, very expensive pharmaceutical drugs that are currently available for MS.... so this in turn provides the MS Societies world wide with a percentage of sales....

This is what annoys me so much knowing that they have Funds there to get backing this right away and stop wasting time...as some of us dont have time!!!

Lindyxx

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

colmmc

LND is a old drug been around since th 70's so It's patent Has run out, Any Chemist can make it up.So no money in it for them. The big Pharm's

CCSVI.No long term expensive drugs needed. So no money in it for them.The big Pharm's

Is it just me or can anyone else see a pattern emerging?

For far to long we have been the cash cow for the big Pharm's. Ever couple of years a new more expensive drug, That not going to cure anyone Just alleviate some symptoms, while causing some other problem.

The everlasting Light bulb was invented some years ago, But never put into production ask yourselves why?

Anyway after spending yesterday " Mostly singing " Today I'll be "Mostly smiling "

Colmmc

colmmc

LND is a old drug been around since th 70's so It's patent Has run out, Any Chemist can make it up.So no money in it for them. The big Pharm's

CCSVI.No long term expensive drugs needed. So no money in it for them.The big Pharm's

Is it just me or can anyone else see a pattern emerging?

For far to long we have been the cash cow for the big Pharm's. Ever couple of years a new more expensive drug, That not going to cure anyone Just alleviate some symptoms, while causing some other problem.

The everlasting Light bulb was invented some years ago, But never put into production ask yourselves why?

Anyway after spending yesterday " Mostly singing " Today I'll be "Mostly smiling "

Colmmc

happyandy

Hi

I echo Lindy's response that I am keeping everything crossed that everything works out for you Colm.

As an instrument for the publicising of CCSVI, it would help prove the doubters in the MS Society and by implication the government that the stance they took with the petition was just plain wrong. A before and after video would be great but I wouldn't want you to tempt fate.

With regards to the big pharmas, during my "man about town" phase a couple of years ago, I briefly went out with a pharma biotech consultant. Probably the first time that an MS sufferer sc****d the pharmaceuticals. Yup it was pay-back time.

Well anyway, she told me the cost for developing drugs was phenomenal and 9 out of 10 don't get passed the clinical trial stage so they need to make their money during the time the drugs are in patent. The downside of Capitalism is that you don't do anything for nothing.

RE: Light bulb. That's an urban myth. I remember as a boy there was meant to have been a man in our neighbouring village who invented it and was paid millions to keep it quiet.

Andy

If I knew I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of my body

colmmc

An urban myth may be, but it's the message of that story I was trying to convey.

Colmmc.

Tania B

The drug companies clearly have a vested interest in keeping the demand for their drugs.

Tania

Bernadette
The drug companies clearly have a vested interest in keeping the demand for their drugs.

Yup, that's why I believe it's not in their interest for people actually to get better. I wouldn't be surprised if there were cures for pretty much all illnesses out there somewhere.

gingermagic

Well Col,

Looks like Omario got what he wished for..............your turn next.

I don't know about anyone else, but my amantadine is in the bin tonight!

Billion year old carbon

colmmc

Hi Ginger

Great news coming from Bulgaria. You & then Omar.

Bring it on I say, I'm ready and willing,But thats another story.

We are going to have to get together when I get back, compare notes.

9 Days to go.

colmmc

gingermagic

Thanks Lindy, we had an ace day. More hide and seek.

I agree col we will have to meet up, and maybe do a little dance.

By they way Col, only a small puncture at the top of your leg. I would go Brazilian,well almost if I was you.

I shaved myself in preparation. If you are in luck they might provide you with an 18 year old nurse to do it for you! :hearts_circle:

Billion year old carbon

Tania B

Gingermagic,

Glad to see that you are feeling so very and being active with your girls. I don't like the sound of punctures and shaving. Is that for the angioplasty?

I don't want to pour cold water over everything, but have you read this which cast doubts over CCSVI and links to MS? MS Trust report. I'm confused again.

Wishing you well.

Tania

Edited by Tania B

happyandy

Tania

I would just say that although Zambonis research had 90 + % of CCSVI which was in medical terms questionable, the Buffalo study had a probably more realistic 55%. People like myself were more curious that in the Buffalo study 25% of "Normals" also had CCSVI, however it turned out that many of those 25% were related to someone with MS.

The fact that this study had 1% doesnt strike me as accurate, even the larger scale Buffalo study had statistacally significant figures.

Ginger will tell you that a UK radiologist could not find CCSVI but the Bulgarians did.

Its just a pity that the results of the doppler procedure are so difficult to interpret and are so over the place.

Andy

If I knew I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of my body

Tania B

Andy,

I agree with you about the various studies and also recall Ginger's experience with the UK radiologist. The information you cite about the "normals" in Buffalo study is particularly interesting

Tania

Edited by Tania B

gingermagic

My experience is a strange one. A radiologist in Solihull, looked me in the eye and told me I had nothing wrong with my veins. I do not want to diss him as at least he is interested rather than rubbishing anything to do with CCSVI.

On the plane going over I was s***ing myself that I was throwing my money away.

I offered the disks from Solihull to Grozdinski, who said he was not interested and carried on with his own doppler. When he said yes, you have three stenosis, I wondered if it was a scam.

On the operating table Petrov showed me my stenosis on the venography screens. It was obvious, blatant and in my face!

I had looked at the scans from Solihull for hours and there was no sign of anything. I still to this day do not have a clue how one person can find nothing wrong, and another found something obvious in 15 minutes. I know that the treatment was not a scam because I feel better everyday. A placeebo does not let you go from draging your foot behind you, to hopping on that leg, in two days.

Oh and Tania, you have to shave to top of one leg, and go brazillian. Some people say that they have bruising aftarward. I could not even find the location of my puncture because it ws so neat. They told me Petrov is good!

Billion year old carbon

Tania B

Thank you for your complete honesty. I am pleased that the procedure was so straightfoward for you.

Still don't like the sound of the brazilian though.

Kind regards

Tania x

colmmc

Gingermagic Tell's it straight.

How I knew he would.He never got carried away with it all, Always saw both side's of the argument.

This is why for me his liberation was the most Important & interesting to follow.

I knew what ever he said after it,would be the truth.

Colmmc.

( although I'm not sure about the Brazilian bit)