The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
norma

Music

62 posts in this topic Last Reply

ddgorgeous

I don't think Teddy is even capable of writing his name at times, he's a bit 'dolly dimple'.............you should see his school reports, taking an apple for the teacher has not worked for him, even Fluffy has had enough of his copying!

Ron :angel:

ppms, dx 2001

norma

You better watch Ron or he will take a leap of that shelf above your computer and wreck it if he reads that! LOL You better Box Clever Ron!! :howdy: ................... in Oban too! :angel:

ddgorgeous

Norma,

Teddy thinks he is the boss here, but his card is marked and the washing machine followed by the freezer soon sorts him out!

I remember spending the night at a party in Oban a few years ago. Everyone ended up on Gannavan Sands until after the sun came up. Some of the pubs in Oban were definitely a bit ropey, I think I visited most of them that night!...........What a state to get into!

ppms, dx 2001

norma

OH! I am really shocked! :howdy: Aye you must have had sand in your em..............................................................................

.... SANDWICHES! (thats the word I was looking for!) that night Da Do Ron Ron! :angel:

ddgorgeous

Norma,

It does not take much sand to have a very abrasive effect.....ouch!

I know some extrememly naughty words to that song, but there is absolutely now way I could post them here!

ppms, dx 2001

crispy

Hi Ron, :howdy:

Just knowing them is enough to have you banished from the land. :lol:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

ddgorgeous

Chris,

It won't be the first time!

Ron :howdy:

ppms, dx 2001

norma

Cant you even whisper them? :howdy: NO? Och never mind then! I'll just make up my own naughty words! La la la la la lala la la la la la Da Do la la la :lol: I'm not telling you my version either!

stranding

Just dropping in a bit late here.

My current music-to-enjoy-while-doing-something-else favourites are :

The Chieftains

Queen

Dire Straits

Eric Clapton

Paul Simon, with or without Art

Chris Barber

Nic Jones

Everley Brothers (yeah! have a new 4-CD collection)

Mary Black

Johnny Cash

Bryn Terfel

Ry Cooder

Mendlesohn 4-CD collection

Beethoven's concertos

Jacqueline Dupree's Elgar cello.

Uncle Mac's Children's Favourites 2-CD collection...(YEAH! with its Puff the Magic Dragon and I'm a Pink Toothbrush an' all)

Loads of others.

Oh, and Gerry Rafferty!

Am one of those old fogey's that never listen to Radio 1.

Ann

:headscratch:

Remember to KYPU at all times...

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

redhead3uk

:smoker2:

My absolut music God is Rufus Wainwright, son of Kate McGarrigle and Loudon Wainwright 3rd. Noone has every heard of Rufus, which I find unbelievable. He is an amazing musical talent, and writes his own songs too. I saw him in Paris, supporting Keane, just before my first attack (was going through severe vertigo at the time) then we saw him in Birmingham on the night before I went numb from top to toe and was aditted (it all stred with a numb thumb) Also took my MP3 to my MRIs and LP, so listening to Rufus helped me through them, and I virtually discharged myself in time to see him play Oxford. I have tickets for Bristol on 5th dec and brum on 6th..he is one of the few things that make me genuinely happy (apart from my lovely new husband and two smashing kids) through all the crap I feel I am being dealt at the moment! I have attached an MP3 file for you to hear

:cannaleaf: RUFUS RUFUS RUFUS RUFUS RUFUS RUFUS :pullhair:

ddgorgeous

Vicki,

I really hope the concerts are good, they are only a couple of weeks away.

I have never listened to Rufus Wainright before, but will have a listen to your mp3 file in a minute with a coffee.

I have been kind of busy for the last couple of days, so my diary and any other entries/replies have had to take a back seat. I will get back into it all tomorrow.

It is the hectic social life I lead, it has just been non-stop!

Take care and best wishes,

Ron :cannaleaf:

ppms, dx 2001

petac

Hi Vicki

just listening to your attached file of Rufus, absolutely brilliant :cannaleaf:

Peta

catzzz.gif