The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Sign in to follow this  
happyandy

World Cup

79 posts in this topic Last Reply

happyandy

Hi Folks

I don't know if you've noticed this, but England's route to the final now takes you past Germany, Argentina (most likely), Spain (most likely) and if they get there they will probably be facing Brazil.

I think England can beat Germany but will be gubbed by Argentina.

Today its Portugal v Brazil at 3pm. Should be good but the samba boys are more defensive and efficient these days.

Then, to me, the match of the tournament Chile v Spain . Chile have been great value so far.

I hope they beat the Spanish in revenge of all those Spanish Tummys I have had over the years.

Andy

If I knew I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of my body

brainless

Andy are Portugal thru regardless? I'd love that; atmosphere on hols next week would be brill!

[email="regardless?@

[/email]Hi Folks

I don't know if you've noticed this, but England's route to the final now takes you past Germany, Argentina (most likely), Spain (most likely) and if they get there they will probably be facing Brazil.

I think England can beat Germany but will be gubbed by Argentina.

Today its Portugal v Brazil at 3pm. Should be good but the samba boys are more defensive and efficient these days.

Then, to me, the match of the tournament Chile v Spain . Chile have been great value so far.

I hope they beat the Spanish in revenge of all those Spanish Tummys I have had over the years.

Andy

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

happyandy

Hi Brainless,

Lets be honest the match up to half time is a stinker.

Portugal have a 10 goal difference over the Ivory Coast so the should go thru unless the Ivory Coast run riot.

Andy

brainless

Excellent :hearts_circle: thanks Andy

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

Sleepy
Scully

The World Cup has turned out like WW2.

The French surrendered early,

The USA arrive at the last minute,

The Italians have gone very quiet,

The Japanese have launched a scary attack

............... and we are left to fight the b*****y Germans...

All we need is to have 'Winnie' resurected.......and we're home free !

Scully

x

Edited by Scully

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

happyandy

Now, that is 90 minutes of my life I will not get back.

Turgid.

Can you imagine watching that Wimbledon match that went to 70-68 then this pile of manure. I would have bought a gun and left with the decision whether to shoot the telly or myself.

Argentina, Chile, Germany and Japan have been the only exciting teams in the tournament so far.

Incidentally , four nations with appalling human rights records.

I still think Spain v Chile will be exciting.

Andy

Lindyloo

Ahhhhhhh Shite...... Chile's getting stuffed by Spain!!! :-(

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

happyandy

Spain had about two attacks and scored with both of them. Chile's keeper was blunder boy with the first.

I have a

Lindyloo

Good bet Andy!!! LOL ... my bet is even better i stuck a tenna on Van Persie to be top scorer...think he has scored once...and i have a tenna on England to win ... if they beat the Germans on Sunday i reckon they can go all the way.... England & the Argies will be a heated one.... 'the hand of God' and all that......

YAY!!Chile have scored.... back in there... C'MON CHILE!!!

LindyLoo xx

happyandy

Well that was more like it, Uruguay v South Korea

A bit of excitement at last but have to say I never thought I would see a pitch worse than Wembley but there you go.

South Korea can hold there heads up high. Like wee men with Duracell batteries the way they ran about the pitch.

Good value.

Hope the USA v Ghana match is as good this evening

Andy

Lindyloo

Im delighted for Ghana....Wot a class goal - the 2nd one..... he had such passion ...it really showed when he scored... GO GHANA!!

heehehehe

All set for tomorrow not budging.... and the Argies tomorrow nite... Maybe Messy might score Andy!

Nite nite

Anyone seen My mate Peter????

LindyLoo xx

brainless

latest WC joke............

African News: "Ghana progress in world cup.................. "

American news: "Ghana has weapons of mass destruction"

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

happyandy

The Ghanaians second goal was sheer class. It hooked, it dipped, fantastico

Cant wait for the football to start. The Germany v England match is car crash TV, we all know what's going to happen but still have to watch the painfull gory details thru splayed fingers.

There is something inevitable about inevitability. I read there is even an octopus who has predicted a German victory. Which actually proves that Adrian Chiles is lower down the food chain than an invertebrate.

Yes Engerland fans you are all mad (definition of madness, doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result).

As I had a German lodger whom I disliked intensely, (messy eater, lived on Toast, I called him Herr Crumb) and the fact that they used to like shooting at my great Uncles during the war, I just hope they put you out of your misery early doors.

As JFK said prior to a previous England v Germany match "Ich bin ein Berliner " mistranslated as "I am a Jelly Donut" (search Google, strange but nearly true ) when in fact he was actually lending his support to the master race.

Updates at half time...

Andy

happyandy

Brief Update:

Some of my neighbours are displaying support for the Germans but correct me if I am wrong, I don

brainless

OH, Andy, you're in fine form this morning!

have a lot to do today in prep for hols but will watch and looking forward to arg/mehico....

also just realised that as we fly into Faro, Portugal will be playing.... me thinks taxi going to be hard to find!!!!!!!!

have a lovely, foot day and don't mind him, English friends; wave your flags, crack open a coupla cans and hope for the best.

:hearts_circle::rofl::squiffy::lol4:

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

Christina

Go away Andy!! lol!

Chris x :hearts_circle:

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

happyandy

Unbelievable, England should be about 4-0 down, great fightback. But the disallowed goal.

Im embarrassed for the ref

Andy

Procrastinating
Stumbler

The paralells with 1966.............

A goal line contoversy and West Ham players scoring Englands goals.

C'mon you Irons, past and present.

:lol4:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

brainless

possibly a bit more sympathetic to Irish team now????????!!!!!!!!

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

happyandy

Well the octopus was right.

What a performance

Andy

brainless

hard luck people, welcome to the club

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

Procrastinating
Stumbler

I hate to say this, but the heart said "yes", but the brain said "you've got to be kidding"!

We just didn't set our towels out early enough!

Now, Capello will resign and disappear into the sunset with a few million quid in his pocket. If I had resigned from my job, I would have received nothing but a P45. Life's a bit unfair..........

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

brainless

strange that, isn't it?

The more you get paid the less likely it is that you get fired when you screw up.

Instead, you 'step down' or 'retire' with a ridiculously generous golden handshake. :lol4:

In the wrong job..........

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

Procrastinating
Stumbler

You and me both, Lottie.........

Regards

John aka Stumbler

happyandy

How JT gets 170K a week defies logic.

The question is why England players cant play as well as they do in the EPL. The reason is average players look good in a team of talented foreigners. In Scotland, Barry Ferguson looked a world beater when Rangers had a team of top class foreigners. Pretty average when he played for Scotland.

Its not a shock, I predicted this in earlier posts before the WC started. The English press are deluded partly because of the success English clubs have had in the Champions league.

Look at the 4 best English teams and see how many English players actually play in them. Arsenal regularly plays without English players for example.

Anyway, Argentina and Lionel Messi tonight.

Andy