The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Tania B

Back of the wardrobe

40 posts in this topic Last Reply

Tania B

Today, I looked in my wardrobe (in a Narnia sort of way) and found one neglected Summer skirt. I thought I was "between skirts" as one of my former work colleagues used to say.

To the point, I shocked myself and wore it to visit my GP today. It just goes to show how blooming hot the weather is at the moment!

What's lurking at the back of your wardrobe and dare you wear it?

Tania x

Edited by Tania B

Hezza

Nothing lurking - I filled 2 bin bags for charity today :hearts_circle:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Lindyloo

I have just had a sliding robe fitted in my bedroom....had a massive clear out 2weeks ago... Now there are only nice things hanging in there hheheheehe

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

Christina

Same for me Lindyloo! I've never had such a wardrobe before and I've got plastic boxes for my shoes now too!

Sorry Tania - only things I wear are in my wardrobe now - the charity shops have all my old stuff.

Chris x :hearts_circle:

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

happyandy

Just my spider-man outfit, the wife used to like that ...sniff

Andy

If I knew I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of my body

brainless

Don't mind all these perfet people, Tania, knoow exactly what you mean!

isn't it nice to get a pleasant surprise rather than nasty shock?

Dunno about the spiderman suit, Andy.... that's creepy ! :hearts_circle:

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

Lindyloo

Wot you got in yours Lottie?????? oooooohhhhhhh

LindyLoo xx

brainless

God knows, Lindy, too scared to look!

Have a feeling there might be some 80's stuff lurking... shoulder pads are back, aren't they? :lol4:

I remember having a lovely pair of leather trousers and I kept them, kept them, kept them, thinking one day.... eventually I gave in and put them in the charity bag (lucky find for someone!) and now... they'd fit again! :hearts_circle::lol4:

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

Lindyloo

hahahahaa :hearts_circle::lol4: have you a little guy in your wardrobe ??

LindyLoo xx

brainless

If I did, I wouldn't be telling you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hehehe:

:cheers:

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

Lindyloo

:cheers::hehehe:

hee hee xx

LindyLoo xx

Hezza
Just my spider-man outfit, the wife used to like that ...sniff

Andy

Oh Andy you reminded me...I found a Wizard's cloak in my hubby's earlier :hehehe:

Tania B

i'm beginning to feel quite surreal!

Tania x

Summer

I clear mine out every springtime when I put the winter stuff away and replace with all the lovely summer clothes. I always find things that I had forgotten I had even though it was only six months ago lol

I found my one and only summer dress which I bought years ago as an emergency in a charity shop because I had put the iron through my trousers! it cost me a fiver and everyone says how pretty it is :clapjump:

Dianni

I love this thread :clapjump:

I had a chuckle at the thought (quite a scary one!) of Andy in a Spiderman suit. A wizzard's cloak Cara? Now that made my mind boggle! :clapjump:

I had a dig in the back of my wardrobe on Monday as it happens. All my light trousers and the one dress I posses need ironing and I just couldn't be arsed. I found two cotton skirts. One a black gypsy type with lovely beading and the other a plain blue floaty thing.

The black one (despite an elasticated waist) wouldn't go over my hips :clapjump: and the blue one was far too long for me to wear with my now obligatory flat sandals! :cry2: (I wore jeans and a floaty top)

Guess a shopping trip might be on the cards or at least a trawl round the internet!

Hugs

Di

xxx

Hezza
I had a chuckle at the thought (quite a scary one!) of Andy in a Spiderman suit. A wizzard's cloak Cara? Now that made my mind boggle! :lol4:

My hubby is a bit of a Harry Potter look-a-like, Di, so I'd got him a Harry Potter fancy dress outfit for a do he was going to last year. The cloak must have got shoved into the back of his wardrobe afterwards and forgotten about :stars2:

Happy shopping :pat_on_head:

Dianni

I don't want to take over this post, but it did get me thinking :pat_on_head:

What would you LIKE to find at the back of your wardrobe? (Even you really tidy people with neat wardrobes :stars2: )

I think I'd like an invisibility cloak or a skirt that fitted! :lol4:

Hugs

Di

xxx

Ali J

I wouldn't mind finding a 6ft blonde rugby player in the back of mine xx

elma
Well I think any one of us would quite like to find a cure for MS or maybe a big bag of money!!

I think the invisibility cloak one is good, I'd like a never ending supply of books, seem to go through them like no-one's business.

Having now come to terms with my diagnosis-I think, thought it would be good to actually

look and see what i had in my wardrobe.

Fed up with looking scruffy in the same jeans and normal t-shirts, decided to wear clothes

which I keep for going out. As i don't anymore, have just decided to wear everything that

makes me feel good-and it works!!

Tania B

Elma - Pleased to hear that your new dressing strategy works for you. I'm naturally quite happy being rather scruffy especially in the garden or at home. Just think of the cartoon character Pigpen.

As for what I'd like to find at the back of my wardrobe now, I'm still pondering on that one. I'm not sure I need an invisibility cloak as most of the time people ignore me or they can't recall that I was ever at an event.

Tania :hearts_circle:

Edited by Tania B

brainless

Elma.... glad you're doing that! I do it too now!! anything that makes you feel good is always going to help.

Tania!!! you are not invisible!!!! but if you think that way.... break out that red hat - and whatever else goes with it! let everyone see / know the Tania we know........ GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

Tania B

Lottie

I only want to be noticed when I want to be noticed really. So no red hat for me.

By the way, I'm wearing that skirt again at work. Luckily it's long and hides my legs.

Wishing you well

Tania x

brainless

Yes, Tania, I can relate to that! x :winkgrin:

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

happyandy

Ladies,

The only thing wrong with my legs is that Dulux based their paint colour brilliant white on them.

As man its the second thing I look at in a woman, well after the price.

Hmmm I should moderate myself at times

Andy

If I knew I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of my body

brainless

and the first, Andy?? it's the eyes....right????

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT