The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Sign in to follow this  
happyandy

What's new on your IPOD

38 posts in this topic Last Reply

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Don't get putoff, Andy. There's nowt wrong with a bit of LedZep.

I went to Knebworth sometime - last century. LedZep were the headline act. Unfortunately, I didn't quite enjoy the festival experience and we were just getting back to the car when they came on stage.

There's nothing wrong with their vinyl though. Vinyl? You know Vinyl? It preceded CDs, which preceded MP3s

:mjackson:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

happyandy

Hi John ,

That's an amazing coincidence. Me and my mate got two tickets for Knebworth (there two last live shows in the UK) of a couple of hippie chicks. At the last minute he couldn't go because his mum didn't want him on the back of my motorcycle or something. So I never went. Bonzo died not long after. Ive not got many regrets in life, but not going to the concert comes in at number 2 with a bullet.

Andy

P.S Loved the scene in the movie "The Rock" where Sean Connery tells his daughter that he met her mother at a Led Zeppelin concert. Bit Surreal.

If I knew I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of my body

Lindyloo

Before i got this MS shite going on i loved going to Concerts.... the 2 of us got a buzz of checking out where all the posh cars would be parked near an exit to the venue....this indicated to us that this is where whoever will be leaving etc....

My 1st time meeting Bono was at the back of the Kings Hall at a Bruce Springsteen gig... i screamed his name soooooooo loud he came over and we got our picture taken....

However all the real Bruce fans new where to stand after the gig so we just went and stood with them and he came out and chatted and signed shirts shoook hands , ......

We once crawled around the RDS,Dublin roof to get into the back stage party..... Great fun!!! that nite we met Michael Stipe..very shy and a lovely chap... Sinead O'Connor.. Bob Geldof...the bald guy outta Radiohead... i do have pics....2 many...and another time we blagged our way into the Rock Awards in Belfast and the Bud was free all nite... happy days hahahahaha

Those are our special memories now.... doubt i will be doing any nutty things like that anymore.... :mjackson:

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Where would we be without those memories?

I preferred concerts to open-air festivals, the "facilities" were a lot nicer. I managed to see a few acts back in a former life:-

Boston

Black Sabbath

Uriah Heap (anyone remember them?)

Ian Hunter (Mott the Hoople) and Mick Ronson (RIP Ex-spider. David Bowie's group)

Status Quo - Almost brought the house down..........physically!

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

happyandy

If we want to talk famous I've met Roy Walker

Top that Lindyloo with yer Bono boy ....

Andy

Lindyloo

You mean ROY WALKER from CATCHPHRASE????? WOW andy!!!!

:mjackson: hahahaha

John you have a good few concerts ... Status Q sounds ace....

Edited by Lindyloo

LindyLoo xx

brainless

I can top that....I met Tom O'Connor!

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

happyandy

Knew you would be impressed

and I didn't have to mention that I once met Tam Cowan, from the Daily Record in the gents at Leven Golfing Society.

Andy

Favourite Concerts

Rolling Stones

Jethro Tull

Mike Oldfield

AC/DC

Thin Lizzy

Worst concert Average White Band. Didnt know they were a soul band when we booked the tickets

Andy

brainless

you saw Lizzy? I am SOOOO jealous!!!!

before they were famous my other half used to help carry in their gear to local music hall.........long time ago!

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

Lindyloo

The Stones ....Cool... bet that was brill...

Lottie - Tom O'Connor ....'Name that tune'???? he is a lovley man..

LindyLoo xx

Tania B

I missed Thin Lizzy but heard a lot about them from my older sister, as they came several times to a venue in a nearby town a train journey away, along with other quite big names. My sister is two and half years older than me and had a lot more fun than me, being the right age at the right time, with the right people. I had to stay at home. When I was old enough to go, things had changed or petered out rather at that venue. It is commonly agreed that bands went to there on the way up or on the way down. Still, I played my sister's vinyl albums carefully, when she was out and managed to hear some good stuff that I didn't buy (crafty perhaps).

I think my favourite concert/gig was probably seeing Ian Drury at that venue. One of my least favourites was being taken to see ELO in London. I was underwhelmed with Bad Company which is a pity as I still have an awful denin waistcoat, which the boyfriend at the time insisted on buying me. I can't believe I could have been that thin. When I saw Jethro Tull, I think they were not at their best but I can remember that I had a headache so that wouldn't have helped.

Back in the nineties, I saw Robert Plant, with folks from work, who was good. Richard Thompson who I saw in Brighton was memorable and so was Ben Harper (and the Innocent Criminals) if you've heard of him.

Live music - I'd forgotten that I miss it!

Tania x

happyandy

Im like Stumbler didn't enjoy the festivals much

Was at Castle Donnington for the Monsters of Rock festival in 80 and 81. The toilet facilities were disgusting. I remember one guy OD'd in the toilets, I still don't know if it was drugs or the smell. Then some hippies decided to build a fire for a BBQ, using a rubber tyre and about gassed the crowd. As far as the bands were concerned, you were so far away, you could barely see anything.

All the bands had to have sing-a-longs with there best known tracks. Now call me a grumpy young man but when I spend my hard earned cash and travel hundreds of miles, I want to hear the band not some fatso singing out of tune next to me.

We had pitched our tent for the weekend in a turnip field next to the festival site. However I don't recall the tent having the logo "Piss onme" as the tent was used as a target practice for exiting hard rock fans with over-active bladders.

Less said about '81 the better, as my mate got me fixed up with the most breathtakingly ugly woman in England. And yes, I have been to <self-moderated> Im sure she carried a copy of "the Guinness Book of Records" in her bag due to her having an entry in it, under the section "Really Ugly Women". What was worse, her pal removed my mates wallet when his trousers were in the off position, leaving us short of cash for petrol on the way home.

Festivals are like Opera, nobody really enjoys it but you have got to try it once to say you have done it.

Andy

Tania B

Festivals never really appealed to me and I agree with you Andy "Festivals are like Opera, nobody really enjoys it but you have got to try it once to say you have done it." I was moaned at for not wanting to go to Glastonbury, many moons ago when I was revising for my 'A' levels. I don't regret it but I didn't do that well with my exams either. Big sis went to Reading and had to walk around with her feet in bin bags because of the rain and mire. That put me off immensely.

Tania