The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
tizzy

Feeling the need to keep stretching?

28 posts in this topic Last Reply

tizzy

I was wondering if anyone else gets what I do? I find I feel very stiff and have an uncontrolable urge to stretch, my legs mostly, but also my arms or sometimes to stretch out my whole body as my muscles around my ribs hurt and it seems my body needs stretching out?

I dont notice much benefit after stretching, but can't seem to stop the urge!

happyandy

I get that a few hours after my Avonex shot. I feel Im stretching so hard Im going to blow a fuse.

Goes away after a couple of hours

Andy

If I knew I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of my body

Dianni

Hi Tizzy :winkgrin:

I get this regularly. My MS nurse said they are a type of spasm. As they don't cause any pain and are more annoying than anything I decided not to look into treatment. I have one all body spasm which really wasn't pleasant! I couldn't even shout my hubby because my mouth and tongue weren't playing!

I don't know whether there is any med available to ease them, as I say, I never looked into it but it might be worth having a chat with your GP/neuro/nurse.

Hugs

Di

xxx

tizzy

Hi Thanks for replies, sounds like its not just me then lol weird feeling though, will mention it to doc next time I go,

Cheers :winkgrin:

Akorah

Hi tizzy

That was one of my very first symptoms years ago when i was pregnant!! i get it all the time now especially this time of day if ive been walking lots. My gp once advised me to drink tonic water to help with it but i cant say it worked. it doesnt hurt but its so annoying when you want to go to sleep. i used to sleep with my legs up the wall lol

chelly xxx

Procrastinating
Stumbler
Hi tizzy

That was one of my very first symptoms years ago when i was pregnant!! i get it all the time now especially this time of day if ive been walking lots. My gp once advised me to drink tonic water to help with it but i cant say it worked. it doesnt hurt but its so annoying when you want to go to sleep. i used to sleep with my legs up the wall lol

So, was that legs up the wall to get pregnant; or

whilst you were pregnant; or

I've got my wires completely crossed.

I fear the answer is the latter

:winkgrin::butterfly::lol4::wtf::lol4:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Akorah

lol i had no problem getting pregnant theres only 14 months betwen my 2 older girls

chelly xxx

tizzy

LOL must say I love seeing the responses on here to peoples posts! from stretching to getting pregant, what a connection :butterfly:

Glad to say at 46 I can't get pregant anymore, so glad stretching wont get me in that position lol

Cheers guys, made my day :drunk: !

Akorah

ur welcome lol :cheerleader:

chelly xxx

Procrastinating
Stumbler
LOL must say I love seeing the responses on here to peoples posts! from stretching to getting pregant, what a connection :cheerleader:

Glad to say at 46 I can't get pregant anymore, so glad stretching wont get me in that position lol

Cheers guys, made my day :baby: !

I think you'll find that you do need to stretch to get your legs up the wall :wacko:

Now, who brought up the subject of :sex: ?

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Akorah

im innocent!! :cheerleader:

chelly xxx

Procrastinating
Stumbler
im innocent!! :baby:

You can't be, you were pregnant - you do know how that happens, don't you?

:wacko: :cheerleader:

Akorah

Actually no i dont think i do lol its happened 3 times now and im still clueless!! :cheerleader:

Edited by Akorah

chelly xxx

Procrastinating
Stumbler

I've got a female friend, who suffers from Tinnitus.

She's got three girls now. She gets to bed and her husband says, "Are we going to sleep, or what?". Poor girl doesn't hear, says "what?"..............and the rest, like they say, is history.

:cheerleader:

Summer
I've got a female friend, who suffers from Tinnitus.

She's got three girls now. She gets to bed and her husband says, "Are we going to sleep, or what?". Poor girl doesn't hear, says "what?"..............and the rest, like they say, is history.

:cheerleader:

I suffer from tinnitus, just remind me never to ask any questions on here :wacko:

brainless

you are all completely bonkers....love it!!!!!!!!!

:baby: :wacko: :cheerleader:

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

Akorah
:hearts:

chelly xxx

baward
I was wondering if anyone else gets what I do? I find I feel very stiff and have an uncontrolable urge to stretch, my legs mostly, but also my arms or sometimes to stretch out my whole body as my muscles around my ribs hurt and it seems my body needs stretching out?

I dont notice much benefit after stretching, but can't seem to stop the urge!

I get this, I know exactly what you're going through. My other half calls me 'the most fidgetty man in the world!'

Ben

Lindyloo

What Position is that then Chelly???LOL :cheerleader3:

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

Oops

I get this. In my case it's caused by slowly spreading spasticity, and a low dose of Baclofen has helped, along with ongoing physio.

Apologies in advance if I post then vanish for a bit - I work away from home and will be back at the weekend!!!

Akorah
:shithappens: <that position lindy lol

chelly xxx

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Isn't that the position on page 104? I know, because my favourite position is on page 103.

Don't try page 105 - I fell off the roof :sadwalk::love::wtf:

:shithappens:

brainless

now lads don't be getting all frisky again...it's the Sabbath!!

what page was that again............???????? :wtf:

:shithappens::love::sadwalk:

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

Summer

I am a bit late in this convo but I have felt the urge to stretch in the last couple of years; I am not necessarily stiff but raising my arms above my head and moving my torso feels like an imperative. I do get those hugs though.

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Let's get back on topic as Summer has arrived (Sorry, cheap joke! :sadwalk: )

General stretching of muscles is of benefit to anyone that may start, or be, suffering any spasticity. Stretches should be performed under your control, not as the result of a spasm or other involuntary action.

The target muscles should be fully extended and held for a count of 10. And then relaxed.

Hope this helps

:shithappens: