The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Sign in to follow this  
carl70

Extra travel insurance for ms

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

carl70

Hello, I am asking for advice from anyone who has travelled abroad with ms. My wife has just been diagnosed with relapsing remitting ms. she is due to start medication soon, we are travelling to cyprus on 1st august and have bought standard travel insurance. We have been told she will need extra insurance for this condition but have heard all sorts of horror prices if you ammend your travel insurance, is this true? We are asking for anyone who has travelled abroad if you can give us any sort of idea what sort of increase in charges to her insurance we can expect, i said we will pay whatever it costs but she is adamant that she doesnt want to pay hundreds of extra pounds on insurance and will travel without extra insurance. Any help at all from anybody who has paid for extra insurance in regards to how much extra cost would be greatly appreciated, Thankyou

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Welcome to the forum.

Have a read through this ealier post on this subject:-

Earlier Thread.

Obviously, you'll need to make you own enquiries to some of the companies mentioned as, as you probably appreciate, other things, like age, play a part.

Personally, I have one of these Bank Accounts with loads of benefits, e.g. AA, Mobile Phone Cover, as well as Worldwide Travel Insurance for me and my wife. I've just told them about my MS and they only want an extra

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Carl,

I've just seen another comment that the Travel Insurance from the Post Office doesn't see MS as a medical exemption.

Maybe worth a look:- Post office

:cheerleader:

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

carl70
Welcome to the forum.

Have a read through this ealier post on this subject:-

Earlier Thread.

Obviously, you'll need to make you own enquiries to some of the companies mentioned as, as you probably appreciate, other things, like age, play a part.

Personally, I have one of these Bank Accounts with loads of benefits, e.g. AA, Mobile Phone Cover, as well as Worldwide Travel Insurance for me and my wife. I've just told them about my MS and they only want an extra

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Why, thank you, kind sir..........

:cheerleader: