The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Julie86

'Suck it up and press the button now Julie!'

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Julie86

Hi all,

I started my rebif treatment a couple of weeks ago and as from the title im sure you can all tell them im still a bit anxious/nervous when i am to take the injections. I'm sure once i've completed a couple of months of injection's it will become more routine than anything.

I was just wondering about the site reactions...i am very badly bruised on my thighs were i have taken the injections and was wondering had anyone any tips for me? Is their a cream that can be bought on the high street to help prevent bruising? I find it very hard to get the hold of my MS nurse, any MS nurse for that matter and thought you guy's might have some wisdom...

Thanks

Juliexx :hearts_circle:

Christina

Hi Julie

Arnica cream is good for bruising and can be bought at any chemist or online. Have you tried using a cold pack on the area for no more than 2 mins before and after you inject which can help with bruising? I'm sure you are bringing the injection up to room temp before injecting? Also, massaging the area after injection for a few moments can help disperse the injection into the tissues. I am sure others who inject Rebif will be along to share their tips soon.

Chris x :hearts_circle:

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

Hezza

Hi Julie,

I've been on Rebif for a couple of years now. I get site reactions which last a long time, I've always bruised easily so that may have something to do with it.

When I saw my nurse a few weeks ago she suggested Arnica cream or taking an anti-histamine tablet. I decided to give Arnica cream a go but then fell into the old "can't be arsed" trap so can't say for sure if it works or not. I also try to ensure that I don't inject into a site where there's still a visible reaction in order to give it time to heal.

As Chris has already said you the cold / heat pack supplied with your Rebif might help too.

The Rebif helpline might have some suggestions too if you call them.

:hearts_circle:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres