The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Linda

Introducing me - Linda

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Linda

Hello, my name is Linda, I have primary progressive MS (finally definitely diagnosed summer 2000). After a course of steroids earlier this year I can get around the house by pushing a trolley, but I need my mini scooter outside (aka "Nana's brum-brum" :D ).

I have been married for almost 34 years to long-suffering Terry - now having his turn to be the invalid since his heart attack last month.

I have two daughters, Vix and Jen, and 3 grandchildren, Tom, Libby and Oscar - Oscar will be having a little brother in October.

I used to teach IT and Business Studies until the MS got too bad, now I spend my time glued to my laptop and occasionally researching my family tree.

Ellie

:cheers: Hi Linda

Nice to meet you, Im glad to find some one else who has Grandkids. I have three,and one step grandchild (well he is 16 now and he belongs to my youngest daughter, she has also a boy Tom aged 8, my eldest has two girls Jessica 12 and Georgia 8, my hubby has 2 daughter as well, one of them is married and has two boys and a girl. I am the real oldie of the group. 70 !!!! help. its just not fair, I got to have the heart attack as well as MS, had it in March, and am still trying to get over it all, and get all my meds sorted out. I married 2nd time 10 years ago, and we live in a ground floor flat with two rerscued cats. We toured Europe in our caravan for eight years, but now it has become all too much for me. Have spend three Winters in Spain sionce then in an apartment,but have not been anywhere this year EXCEPT HOSPITAL. I have mad MS since '62, but was DX in '83. Had a bad relapse in Spain last year, but am not too bad, the sspirit is willing but the legs are weak, but I have a scooter.

Luv

Ellie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• introducing myself

hello everyone i call myself dizzy and so do many others   i have RRMS and was diagnosed in December 2010, basically took around 18 months to diagnose, had MRI, Lumber puncture and Evoked eye thingy, Have been taking copaxone for around a year, began by taking rebif but this didnt agree with me, take pregablin, nortryptalin, and sertraline. and loads of other vitamin thingies. enough about that though am still fairly mobile and swim three times a week not a lot but walking makes me really fatigued and hurt a lot so i stick to minimalI im 43 this time and well becoming a little chubby, trying not to but seems to be no choice i do a little housework, and do a litttle sewing when not cooking or looking after kids i have a 16 year old girl and an 11 year old boy and am very proud of both of them and a fab hubby who is very very supportive xx and am pleased i have stumbled on what seems to be a very nice and kind of supportive site, used to go on ms society but when they changed forum i lost interest. so am looking forward to being part of this site. xxxx Dizzy

in General Discussion about MS

• introducing myself

Hi, first time on this forum or any for that matter. I was diagnosed with MS 3 years ago and I am now heading towards an Employment Tribunal with my employer because they will not let me back to work. I have never spoken to anyone else with MS or know of anyone else with MS and am feeling very isolated. Did anyone else feel this isolated in the first few years and how did they cope?

• Introducing Myself

Hi all   Just found this forum. I'm a new guy to MS having been diagonised on the 14/3/12 at the age of 43. The only problem I'm having is my balance and at the moment its looking like I have Primary Progressive MS. The disease has made me read alot laterly : ) Chat to you later   P.S I'm in Australia

• just introducing myself

hi   i am 55 have been diagnosed for 5 years, finding myself more and more housebound, so hope to make new friends

• Introducing myself

I just want to say hello to all the MS People and say how great the site is. I don't have MS but my sister does and I wish I had found you sooner.   I have posted a question about TN pain as part of MS, so if anyone has information which could help, I would be very grateful as my sister's doctors have said there is nothing they can do and I have the sneaky feeling that they haven't tried anything except painkillers.   Wishing you all a good day. Teresa

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.