The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Hils

Top Ten Lists game

85 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hils

A new game - shall we give it a go......?

TOP TEN LISTS

If you write the 10th please create another list

Here's a starter.....

Top ten list of excuses for being late

1. Fell over the cat and laddered my tights.

Hils :headscratch:

If you can meet with triumph and disaster...and treat those two imposters just the same...

highwayman

2. I was at a level crossing and it was a very long train.

Most things in life are easy its just doing them well that's difficult!

stranding

Hils

Remember to KYPU at all times...

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

highwayman

4. My pet hamster escaped and chewed through the cable to my radio/alarm. Resulting in:

a. the death of a much loved pet; and

b. the loss of any time telling facility in my house.

Hils

5. the M25 was closed because a sheep wandered on to the motorway and was hit by a car. The police say the reason for this is all a bit woolly.

If you can meet with triumph and disaster...and treat those two imposters just the same...

Sluggish
Marina

Can I cheat and add 18? :rofl2: Well, I will anyway :howdy:

When I got up this morning I took two Ex-Lax in addition to my Prozac. I can't get off the John, but I feel good about it.

If it is all the same to you I won't be coming in to work. The voices told me to clean all the guns today.

I set half the clocks in my house ahead an hour and the other half back an hour Saturday and spent 18 hours in some kind of space-time continuum loop, reliving Sunday (right up until the explosion). I was able to exit the loop only by reversing the polarity of the power source, exactly e*log(pi), of the clocks in the house while simultaneously rapping my dog on the snout with a rolled up Times. Accordingly, I will be in late, or early.

My stigmata's acting up.

I can't come in to work today because I'll be stalking my previous boss, who fired me for not showing up for work. OK?

I have a rare case of 48-hour projectile leprosy, but I know we have that deadline to meet...

I am stuck in the blood pressure machine down at the Food Giant.

Yes, I seem to have contracted some attention-deficit disorder and, hey, how about them Yankees, huh? So, I won't be able to, yes, could I help you? No, no, I'll be sticking with Sprint, but thank you for calling.

Constipation has made me a walking time bomb.

I just found out that I was switched at birth. Legally, I shouldn't come to work knowing my employee records may now contain false information.

The psychiatrist said it was an excellent session. He even gave me this jaw restraint so I won't bite things when I am startled.

The dog ate my car keys. We're going to hitchhike to the vet.

I prefer to remain an enigma.

My mother-in-law has come back as one of the Un-dead and we must track her to her coffin to drive a stake through her heart and give her eternal peace. One day should do it.

I can't come to work today because the EPA has determined that my house is completely surrounded by wetlands and I have to arrange for helicopter transportation.

I am converting my calendar from Julian to Gregorian.

I am extremely sensitive to a rise in the interest rates.

I refuse to travel to my job in the District until there is a commuter tax. I insist on paying my fair share.

:headscratch:

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

highwayman

and the next list is

Excuses for not handing in homework

1. We had a local power cut and whilst I was doing my homework, by candle light, hot wax dripped all over my books.

stranding

2. I couldn't do my homework because my boyfriend painted my dog green and I had to get him cleaned up before he licked it all off himself and died from paint poisoning.

Ann

:headscratch:

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

highwayman

3. My dad didn't understand the full complexity of partial differentiation.

stranding
4. Sorry about the homework

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

Hils

5. It got used as fuel for the barbecue when we ran out of charcoal - well it was domestic science homework after all :cheerleader:

angela

My Mum ran over it with her scooter and covered it in tyre marks!

bfn Angela

:cheerleader:

This is true, my daughter had to take it in to prove it,who could make that up?

Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world! Bette Midler.

Hils

6. the guinea pig did a whoopsey on it :cheerleader:

petac
7) my cat was in a bad mood and ate it (true it actually happened!!)

Peta

catzzz.gif

dawney-t

8) We ran out of toilet paper and it was the first thing that came to hand!

:cheerleader: Dawn

MS diagnosed May 2004, PPMS diagnosed July 2004

angela

9) My computer broke down,so Jane couldn't e-mail me the answers,

bfn Angela

Hils

10. It was stolen by a burglar who recognised the true genius of the person who had written it :cheerleader:

and the next list is....

top ten things you keep in the loft

1. Twenty year old maternity clothes. Do I really think I'm going to wear them again? :cheerleader:

stranding

2. The intensely interesting and stimulating hobby of studying ancient spiders webs. :cheerleader:

Ann

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

petac
3) all the childrens toys that you can't part with which may come in useful when / if you have grandchildren

Peta

catzzz.gif

angela

4)The mad Stepbrother!,whose I have no idea,

bfn Angela

:angel:

stranding

5. The obsessive urge to count the bricks in the chimney (which keeps getting interrupted mid-count by that Mad Step-brother).

Ann

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

crispy

6. Fibreglass insulation - because I can't find a use for it downstairs.

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

Hils

7) The ornaments that Auntie Flo gave as gifts and which only come down when she visits :sadwalk:

Hils :angel:

stranding

:sadwalk: Sorry, just realised I skewed the meaning of No. 5 (due to not reading the title properly.... :hehehe: )

Instead it should read :

5. The pile of bricks resulting after my obsessive urge to collect them subsided (which keeps getting knocked over now by that Mad Step-brother).

Ann

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

crispy

8. The person I once was - trouble is, I can't get up there these days to let him out! :angel:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P