The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Mimi

TONGUE MOVEMENT PROBLEMS AND ONE SIDED WEAKNESS?

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Mimi

HI EVERYONE,

I'VE HAD LEFT ARM WEAKNESS FOR A DEW DAYS NOW AND YESTERDAY, I NOTICED MY TONGUE WAS MOVING ABOUT OF IT'S OWN ACCORD AND I ALSO HAD DIFFICULTY POKING MY TONGUE OUT ON COMMAND.

I LOOKED IN THE MIRROR TODAY AND I COULD CLEARLY SEE MY TONGUE WRITHING ABOUT. I ALSO NOTICED THAT OTHER PARTS OF MY BODY WERE JUMPING AROUND AT THE SAME TIME.

MY BODY (LEGS MOSTLY) MOVE AROUND ALOT ANYWAY, BUT IT SEEMED REALLY ODD WHEN I WAS POKING MY TONGUE OUT????

SUGGESTIONS ON A POST CARD PLEASE!

M.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I USE CAPITALS IN ORDER FOR ME TO READ WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN (THINGS HAVE A TENDENCY TO JUMP ALL OVER THE PAGE NOW) AND I'S NOT A SIGN THAT I'M BEING RUDE OR STATING A POINT. MANY THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE!

Hezza

Gosh Mimi, that doesn't sound too pleasantl!

I don't know what to suggest hon other than to definitely have a chat with your MS Nurse or GP if you haven't already.

I do get random bits of me that move on their own, my little toe on my left foot in particular :shithappens: My twitches happen more when I'm particularly tired. It may be a coincidence but I take Amitryptline for neuropathic pain and it also calmed my restless legs and twitches a bit.

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Mimi
Gosh Mimi, that doesn't sound too pleasantl!

I don't know what to suggest hon other than to definitely have a chat with your MS Nurse or GP if you haven't already.

I do get random bits of me that move on their own, my little toe on my left foot in particular :shithappens: My twitches happen more when I'm particularly tired. It may be a coincidence but I take Amitryptline for neuropathic pain and it also calmed my restless legs and twitches a bit.

HI HEZZA,

I KEEP FORGETTING TO SAY THAT I DON'T HAVE A DIAGNOSES OF MS AS YET, SO DON'T HAVE AN MS NURSE. I AM SEEING A NEUROLOGIST IN APRIL THOUGH, SO I WILL BE MENTIONING THIS THEN!

THANKS

PLEASE NOTE THAT I USE CAPITALS IN ORDER FOR ME TO READ WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN (THINGS HAVE A TENDENCY TO JUMP ALL OVER THE PAGE NOW) AND I'S NOT A SIGN THAT I'M BEING RUDE OR STATING A POINT. MANY THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE!

Hezza

Doh! Sorry Mimi I forgot.

If it's really bothersome please don't wait until April and see if your GP can help :shithappens:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Tip of My Tongue - Word Finding

“Find that word that you've been thinking about all day but just can't seem to remember”. This is something we MSers get, whether occasionally or frequently. This site might help you find that word:   http://chir.ag/projects/tip-of-my-tongue/  

in A Survivor's Guide to Multiple Sclerosis

• Does numbness usually become weakness?

Hi, as you will probably know I'm still waiting for the results of my recent MRI and VEPs, so don't know if this is MS or not (argh!!). I have a question though. Whether this is MS or not, my symptoms 'appear' to be pretty similar, though of course no one really knows what another is feeling or going through.   Anyway, I digress. What I was wondering was (and I know it's probably different for everyone) does numbness usually at some stage turn to weakness? I'm getting a bit worried recently by my numb 'patches'. Today my whole spine, back, bum, left leg and foot and nose and lip have been really numb all day. At times I get the itching in these places and scratching makes them number.   The thing is that although my legs feel so weak, they don't let me down much. I have the occasional stumble, but no major falls or embarrassments. My MRC score was 5, which is normal, at my Neuro appt.   What I want to know is, though I feel weak and numb, could it be possible for these feelings to remain largely sensory, or does it usually escalate to weakness and disability?   Sorry, not a nice question, and I know how different it is for everyone anyway. Just wondered what the 'norm' is.   Thanks, Jan. xx.

in General Discussion about MS

• Spinal stiffness and diminished movement

Well had my second physio today! As she said last week, we focused on the back today and wow, was that an eye opener!   She tested my level of spinal movement and did weird pressing on my spine snf boy did that hurt. I didn't actually realise just how much my mobility had been compromised! Apparently, my lumbar region is extremely tight and stiff, (not to mention painful when pressed), and my hip is tilting backwards and the "S", in my spine is extremely deep and my thoracic spine is hypermobile! She has now passed meon to the consultant physio who I will see in 2 weeks.   What the hell do I make of this? If this gets worse then the spine will fuse. It's really worrying to say the least on top of all the MS suspicians.   For those out there who are diagnosed, could you tell me if this could be MS related or is it just my body giving up another previously undiagnosed, potentially serious problem? I am really confused and don't honestly know how to deal with this news as emotionally I am completely numb as the moment and I can't seem to "feel", anything. It's so frustraiting trying to remember what it was like to have a true emotional response to anything or anyone. So as a result, I don't know what to make of todays news and was looking for some input.   Thanks Mandypie

• EYE MOVEMENT PROBLEMS

I HAVE JUST PUT THE FIRST VIDEO THAT I TOOK LAST NOVEMBER THE DAY AFTER I WENT TO HOSPITAL WITH EYE PROBLEMS. I GOT REALLY HOT AND EXPERIENCED SEVERE BORING EYE PAIN, WHICH WAS WORSE ON MOVING MY EYES AND HAD BLURRED VISION. THE DR PUT IT DOWN TO AN OCULAR OCCLUSION POSSIBLY DUE TO MIGRAINE BUT ALSO SAID THAT IT COULD BE DUE TO MY CURRENT NEUROLOGICAL PROBLEMS (HE DIDN'T CONVEY THAT TO MY GP IN HIS LETTER THOUGH, WHICH WAS ANNOYING). I THINK MY EYE PROBLEMS WERE AS A DIRECT RESULT OF GETTING HOT! HE NEVER EVEN MENTIONED MY EYES ZIGZAGGING, WHICH I COULD CLEARLY FEEL! I REMEMBER THAT WHILST I WAS WAITING TO BE SEEN, I HAD A VERTIGO ATTACK TOO, WHICH I FEEL WAS AS A RESULT OF GETTING HOT THE DAY BEFORE? I STILL HAVE THESE EYE PROBLEMS TODAY, WITH THE ADDITION OF DOUBLE VISION.   PLEASE FEEL FREE TO HAVE A LOOK AND IF YOU HAVE HAD ANYTHING SIMILAR, CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ME.   I'M HAVING DIFFICULTY IN GETTING DR'S TAKE ME SERIOUSLY ABOUT MY EYE SYMPTOMS, ESPECIALLY ON GETTING HOT, SO ANY SIMILARITIES WOULD BE GOOD TO HEAR ABOUT.   MANY THANKS   REGARDS MIMI     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTipVbPx_i8

• EYE MUSCLE WEAKNESS AND WEAK BLADDER CONTROL IN CHILDHOOD

I have been reading a very interesting article about childhood neurological problems in relation to my own family situation. However, it states that eye muscle weakness and/or bed wetting up to age twelve could be an indication of neurological problems in later life. This has got me thinking - I had lazy eys probs and weak bladder so am wondering if there is a link to ms. I am curious as to hear if anyone else suffered these muscle weakness probs in childhood.     Linds

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.