The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Heste

Wheels

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Heste

Yesterday, after being dragged around B&Q, Waitrose and Pets at Home , we finally made up our minds and ordered a Mobility Scooter. I decided to go for the Pride GoGo Elite Traveller Plus. We bought it through the internet as it's half the price of the Mobility shops.

It comes to bits so it can live in the back of my car.

I have used the Scooter provided at B&Q and it does make a big difference. Shopping shouldn't be leaving me as drained as my wallet and hopefully this scooter will do the job.

I will have to take it for a test drive with a couple of dogs (them walking alongside, not riding in it).

Regards,

John :wink2:

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Oh dear, John, I really fear for your wallet now.............

:wink2:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Nick

That sound good john............ Im still looking for the best mobility solution .............. I get by at the moment by avoiding shops!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Just another Warrior...........

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Ignore this - I obviously don't know what I'm doing

:wink2:

Edited by Stumbler

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Wheels

It sometimes feels like I am giving in to this condition but I am seriously thinking about getting myself some wheels. I got myself a scooter a while ago that lives in the boot of my car. Its great for when I visit supermarkets or go to places where there is a lot of walking to do. However, I have never felt comfortable about using a scooter to get into my office. It just doesn't seem like the right vehicle.   So I started to think about a powered wheelchair. My office is not very wheelchair friendly but it could be made to be. I would have to use the goods lift (there is a formal step-free route but its a big long winded).   To start the ball rolling I have been referred to my local Wheelchair service by my MS nurse. They are going to come and assess my needs. If nothing else they will give me advice and point me to the next step (I don't expect them to hand me a powered wheelchair). I might need an access to work grant but this is hopefully the sort of advice they will give me.   I have to do something as I only go to the office twice a week and work from home the rest of the time because of the fatigue I suffer from and yet i am still getting so worn out.   It seems like everything I do is too much effort. Walking to the office from the car park, walking around the office and going to meetings all make those 'in office' days so tiring. Then once tired through physical effort I then find myself mentally fatigued.   I have a similar issue at home. Getting washed and dressed, taking a bath, all seem to use up so much energy. I had an OT in a while ago who suggested a perching stool for the bathroom which has helped but now I am planning taking the bath out completely and getting a walk in shower.   Of all the symptoms of MS I have, Fatigue is the worst. I can deal with pain, loss of balance and weakness in my arms and legs but fatigue stops me doing things and even stops me thinking and remembering stuff (important stuff too).   Will wheels make much difference? I don't know. The scooter helps so I am guessing a powered wheelchair should. On the other hand it also can be a life changer. Is it better to fight on? or should we just accept it as a necessary evil? I don't know, I guess I am just too tired to think about it. I also don't know how much this is going to cost and so that might make the decision for me.   I will no doubt keep you informed on my progress,   Regards,   John

in A Survivor's Guide to Multiple Sclerosis

• Got my new set of wheels!

Well it wasnt as bad as i thought .. managed to get out for the first time in a month woop! Went to toys r us got out of the car and cried ..hubby said whats up? we dont have to do this .. i replied im crying because im happy to get out hehe!!... got my first lot of xmas pressies for kids , was great to feel christmassy yay! GP told me that the wheelchair they ordered could take 6-8 weeks but my mum in law went out and bought me one bless her .. The kids love it they were taking it in turns ..   I think its just all about getting confident with it now but i dont want to rely on it too much so im trying to get about the house with crutches without falling lol .. just try and use it outdoors ..  

in General Discussion about MS

• wheels

Hi everyone,   I've been trotting (well maybe not trotting, more like limping) round car showrooms these last few days as I have decided that it is time to go for an automatic car as I'm having trouble operating the clutch in my old manual.   I'm looking for a car with a low lip on the drivers side and a high seat so I can get it in and out more easily. Found two or three that would fit the bill, but got to wondering what everyone drives and what you all look for in a car to help your disabilities.   Any thoughts?   Hils x  

in General Discussion about MS

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.