The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Geoff

Quiz - Fruit and Vegetables

23 posts in this topic Last Reply

Geoff

The sun is shining here in south-west France and the lizards are running around the rocks. A hoopoe is pecking at the parched lawn looking for grubs and the markets are awash with soft fruit. This is summer, and what better time to enjoy a quiz.

The answers to all the questions are either fruits or vegetables. Happy puzzling

1. A bargain that's right for the course

2. Sounds like they need a plumber

3. Brightly coloured headwear, give or take a penny

4. Athlete was here

5. Sounds like dull colour in taxi

6. Pulpy mess with space to grow

7. Scandinavian

8. Sounds like chicken takes a fall

9. Belgians in bud

10. Friendly Arthur uses old car starter

11. This vehicle deteriorates

12. Often seen together

Procrastinating
Stumbler

OK, Geoff, I'm game :-

2. Leek

4. Runner Bean

5. Cabbage

6. Mushroom

7. Swede

9. Brussel sprouts

11. Carrots

12. Pear

Well, that's over 50%, I hope, do I pass?.........

:hugs2:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Geoff
OK, Geoff, I'm game :-

2. Leek

4. Runner Bean

5. Cabbage

6. Mushroom

7. Swede

9. Brussel sprouts

11. Carrots

12. Pear

Well, that's over 50%, I hope, do I pass?.........

:hugs2:

Looking good so far - surely you are not satisfied with 50% (although you've got 66%) - go for the 100!!

Geoff

angela

10. Artichoke

Angela :hugs2:

Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world! Bette Midler.

Geoff

Well done, Angela

Just three left to get

Geoff

angeltess

I think I know one.

8. Endive

Not sure of no 1. but plum comes to mind???? Probably wrong.

Working on no 3.

I got all the others right too - haha only joking. Did get some though.

Edited by angeltess

Broken wings can heal and mend again. Don't be afraid to cry your tears out loud. Everybody needs to have a friend. Wishbone Ash.

angeltess

Any more quizzes - I like them - takes my mind off things. Jan. xx.

Broken wings can heal and mend again. Don't be afraid to cry your tears out loud. Everybody needs to have a friend. Wishbone Ash.

angeltess

Got it number 3's banana.

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Very smart, Jan

:hearts_circle:

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

angeltess

I can be a bit of a smartarse -oops. Hope it's ok to say that.

Geoff
I can be a bit of a smartarse -oops. Hope it's ok to say that.

Only if you are correct - or if you have a smart arse.

Personally, I can only vouch for the quiz answer being correct. Perhaps someone else can enlighten us on the status of the other.

You are correct about "plum" for no 1 - it is wrong, but I would be interested in your logic for that answer

Geoff

Procrastinating
Stumbler

OK, Geoff, I've put my clever head on and reckon :-

1. Parsnip

:smarty::hearts_circle:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:moonieman:

angeltess

Hi Geoff, yes - the other's not bad! haha.

My thinking was a bit random on the plum answer - it just seems that a bargain could be described as a plum (maybe??) and if something is plumb it could be on course. I know it's very random thinking, but I'm trying.

Geoff

Well, that didn't last long.

Well done everyone.

I will see if I can think up another one later in the summer, just have to think of the right topic - any smart arses out there that can help? Or even clever heads?

Geoff

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Now, did I used to get called a Clever Dick, or a Clever Head?

Or was it a Clever Dick Head..............?

:hearts_circle:

angeltess

Geoff, as an official smartarse I just thought it would be nice to have an entertainment quiz. Not x-factor crap, but classic films, literature and 70's music. That'd be good. I'd compile one myself, but don't know if my arse is that smart.

Procrastinating
Stumbler
Geoff, as an official smartarse I just thought it would be nice to have an entertainment quiz. Not x-factor crap, but classic films, literature and 70's music. That'd be good. I'd compile one myself, but don't know if my arse is that smart.

Careful, Jan, we might ask for some form of phtographic evidence to enable us to make a fair judgement of whether your arse is, in fact, smart.............. :wtf::wtf::wtf:

:lol4:

angeltess

Haha, it would definitely be different to the other lovely members' photos on here, wouldn't it? Maybe I'll put it on as my profile photo - then you can judge for yourself. Only joking.

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Jan,

You'll have to locate a decent photograph - cna I suggest looking in your "back catalogue"..........

:lol4::wtf::wtf::wtf:

angeltess

You're good - I'll give you that. Maybe if I strike a pose like your emoticon perhaps? haha.

debzsanderson

maybe the answers could be sent by PM to Geoff or whoever does the quiz so that it keeps going for say a week then the "fastest on the button" could be announced along with alll the correct answers!!

debz xx

Mark has PP MS but I am his partner and do the posts as he cant use the computer!!

Geoff

That sounds good to me - I prefer compiling the cryptic "work-it-out" type of puzzle questions, but I can do straight-forward questions if you prefer. Either way, it may take me a couple of months - after all, you don't want to be over-saturated with questions. Alright, I know the answer to that one is "yes", but you may just have to wait.

Also, Debz - I think your suggestion is a good idea, but I''m not sure how we would get everyone to abide by it - and, yes, it is me (Geoff) who compiles the quizzes.

Geoff

angeltess

Hi Geoff, I'm usually better at the straight forward questions, as you can no doubt tell by my 'plum' answer. Having said that, the cryptic ones are more of a challenge, and it's harder to 'cheat' by googling the answers!!! I don't know what others would prefer.

I'll look forward to it - this one was very good.

Jan. xx.