The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Hezza

(not so) Routine MRI

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hezza

I had a brain MRI last Wednesday. My new Neuro ordered it because I am new to the hospital so they wanted to get a baseline MRIon file.

As it was just a routine MRI my nurse had said I'd more than likely have to wait 4-6 weeks. The appointment came through within 2 weeks of my Neuro appointment as my local hospital had referred me to a hospital in Glasgow that is used when the other hospitals have long waiting lists. Off I trundled, MRI was fine, in fact it seemed very quick. The radiologist told me the results could take up to 2 weeks but often are done within a couple of days.

On Thursday afternoon they called to say they need more images and needed to make an appointment for me to come back. They also wanted to know about my previous scan and where that was done. I actually have the films for that so they've asked me to bring those in too.

So off I go for another MRIon Friday. I'm not overly concerned as I'm sure if it was something sinister they'd have me in sooner but it does make me wonder slightly about what they did or didn't see. Perhaps they could locate any brain at all now :pokeineye:

All in all I'm pretty impressed with the efficiency and speed of the process though :thumbsup:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Christina

Sounds like they didn't take enough images Cara. Fingers crossed that's all it is. They probably need to compare previous scans with the new ones so they can see any new lesions etc. Sounds like a good system though.

Chris x :hearts_circle:

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

Hezza

That was my thought too. Fingers crossed!

There's always that little niggle in the back of the mind until the results are in though. Human nature I guess.

Edited by Hezza
Typos...driving my inner perfectionist nuts. Damn fatigue, lol!

Christina

Absolutely, I'd be the same! :hearts_circle:

Chris x

Hezza

Just thought I'd update this with the result. The 2nd MRI was requested because they wanted to look a bit more closely at a certain area.

I got the results via letter from my Neuro yesterday and all is fine. I've got no new lesions compared with my 2007 scan and to quote my neuro "This MRI result is very reassuring". The verdict is that we should keep doing what we're doing and, providing my antibodies blood test is clear, stick with Rebif for now.

Phew!

angeltess

That's great news, Cara. You can breathe a little easier now. Jan. xx.

Broken wings can heal and mend again. Don't be afraid to cry your tears out loud. Everybody needs to have a friend. Wishbone Ash.

Christina

Great news Cara! Rebif seems to be working!

Chris x :hearts_circle:

Hezza

Thanks both :heartraining:

I wasn't consciously worried about it but clearly it was niggling somewhere as I even did a wee jig when I read the letter. I have a newfound fondness for my thrice weekly injections now so there'd better be no neutralising antibodies in my bloods :lolsign:

Now I just have to wait for those blood results and, more importantly, for my precious MRI scan films to make their way out of the hospital and back to me :unsure: