The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
kizzy

whats going on :0(

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

kizzy

HI all im feeling really scared :0( Today has been not a good day at all think i might of over done it yesterday both arms are so weak can not grip much and in both arms i normaly only have trouble with my left hand i have had shooting pains in my arms etc but what has scared me is for about 25 minutes earlier i devoloped a bad bad stutter my words where not coming out as they should i was getting all mixed up and had to really concentrate on what i was saying to make it come out right i have had problems word finding before but not like this and it has really scared me whats happening ????:boo_hoo::help2:

Thanks Tracy :0(

derby42

hi tracey. Im not much good really but i noticed that no ones replied to you yet and youre obviously worried so i thought id drop by. Im sorry youre having a rubbish day. You think you did a bit much yesterday and if you feel that way youre probably right so you should rest if you can. Youve only just got your diagnosis too and youve had stuff going on with your family so id say that youve well and truely gone through the mill recently and your body is bound to react to that. My speech goes slurry at times usually when im stressed or tired but ive not had the stammer. Please try not to be scared someone more useful will be along soon. . Just remember how much youve had to cope with in a short time and if you get really upset in the meantime then you could call the gp.

derby x

Nick

Hi Kizzy,

Derby has got it spot on .......

I don't know your situation but at times like these its a good thing to contact your MS Nurse. They should be able to explain and give some reassurance to you.

Its pretty normal when you have MS and try and do to much that you get a worsening of symptoms. In your situation it is also a good idea to let somebody know, like your GP or MS Nurse. If this is difficult you could also keep a diary of events ( I've tried this but am rather hopeless !) The point is that a neurologist can only go by what you tell them, so having a bit of 'history' is good. It may also help you to start to understand your own limitations.

This is the main thing really. It takes a long time to get to grips with what you can do and what you can't. This can be horrible when you do the wrong things and suffer the consequences.( Like now) Its a tricky place! You feel that you can't do anything! This is certainly not the case and it's more a matter of building up confidence and understanding. This way you learn where to put the brakes on and where you can go whizzing down the hill at full speed! It may not feel that way at the moment and the only present advice is to rest ....... Hope that is some help

Nick

Just another Warrior...........

kizzy

Thankyou both so much everybody on this site has been so helpfull and lovely i really dont know how i would have managed the last few weeks without you all. I have calmed down a bit now i think i was just shocked as that was one thing i wasnt expecting and it did scare me.Im so glad it didnt last long. I think it was not just yesterday i have been doing lots the last few days thinking this wont beat me and really trying to push myself with work and doing things in the house i spent the whole day yesterday sorting out the kids toy room. Thankyou so much just having somebody to talk to makes such a difference :you-rock: Xxxx

derby42

thats ok tracey. . Thats what this place is all about. Im forever asking for help or asking questions and id be lost without it too. You take care now. . Chat soon x

derby x

kizzy

thanks hun Xxx :hearts_circle:

Dianni

Hi Tracey

I absolutely know when I've pushed myself a bit far (OK completely over done it!) I can't say I stutter, but I definitely slurr my words and have to think hard to find the words I want/need. I recently injured my right shoulder making it all but useless so had to use my left hand/arm for everything. My left arm didn't co-operate much before MS believing itself to be surplus to requirements as I had a perfectly good right arm (I am so far from ambidextrous it's ridiculous :lol2: ) So all the unaccustomed exercise (typing one fingered, lifting cups/glasses, pulling zips spooning food into my face) caused IT to go on strike last week. It didn't care a jot that my right arm was still being temprimental at best. :rofl:

I know that the shakes and aches etc are all because it's been used more than ever before in erm a lot of years! The same happens with my legs if I've done more than I know is good for me, but sometimes, it's worth it. (I very rarely think housework is worth it though :lol4: )

I've found that unlike when I have a flare up, the symptoms rarely last longer than a day.

I hope you're feeling better today and your body is being more obedient.

Hugs

Di

xxx

Hezza

:hugs2: Kizzy,

Hope things are a bit better today. It takes time but you will get used to the habits of your own MS and learn to recognise the signs that you need to slow down a bit.

I am prone to pushing too hard at times but I do now recognise that sometimes, as the saying goes, I do have to lose a battle to win the war. As an example of that one battle that I decided I could lose was staying in full-time work. Yes I could do it but I didn't have much energy left for family, fun and looking after myself. My loved ones deserve the best of me and by looking are myself better I'm able to win more battles.

Hopefully things are back on track for you today. Don't be scared to contact your MS Nurse, or GP, if you need to. That's what they're there for.

:heartraining:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

kizzy

Thankyou my lovely's :hearts_circle: Im not to bad today by legs have got a buzz on and my arms are still weak and I keep droping everything LOL but feeling a little better. Its such a tough situation part of me thinks just carry on dont let it beat you so I end up over doing it and make myself worse but if i rest i feel like the ms has won and i have given up. I havent got a ms nurse yet as i only got my dx three weeks ago i was told if i get worse to go to my gp or in to the hospital but only 16 more long days to wait to talk to my neuro.

Thanks Tracy Xxx :hugs2:

derby42

hi tracey. Glad youre feeling a bit better today. I dont know much myself yet but im trying to learn from the great folks on here. If you feel you need to rest then rest. This is not letting it win. Its crafty and you have to be more clever. You do this by listening to your body and gradually doing things. Hare and tortoise springs to mind!

derby x

kizzy

Thanks hun i just read your post you made and I really wanted to reply but didnt know what to say as i seem to be having the same problem myself. I guess all we can do is give it time , big hugs Tracy Xx :hearts_circle: