The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
angeltess

Can't stop typing the 'f' word

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

angeltess

Ha, I've had weird sensations for so long now, they're becoming 'normal'. Recently, I've seen the funny side of things which I could never have envisualised. I've noticed the last couple of weeks I've been typing 'f's in in inappropriate places. It's only today I realized why. I rest my fingers on the keyboard as I'm a typist, and my 'devil' finger rests on the f key. So it must be twitching and pressing the f key uncontrollably.

On the way to school my friend laughs that I keep 'pushing' her or my daughter into the gutter, when I have my dizzy head.

My memory is laughable too. When I told my son he had Maths, English and Sausages next day, instead of Science - well, you have to laugh, or you'd cry!!!!!!!!!

Tonight I stood at the school gate and went so dizzy I had to grab hold of my friend's arm - it soon passed, and she made a joke about having to give me a fireman's lift home.

So, I'm feeling a bit emotional really. Still don't have my answers, but symptoms flaring - just pleased I don't have my REALLY dizzy head and rumbling tinnitus I had a couple of years back - at least I can KIND OF function.

My muscles are jumping so badly todayf that my sonf can even see them from about 8 feet away - my arms are going mad. So, at least my symptoms are becoming visible. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing haha.

Sorry for rambling. fJust wanted to get it off my chest. And I've left the f's in to illustrate my point.

Jan. xx.

Broken wings can heal and mend again. Don't be afraid to cry your tears out loud. Everybody needs to have a friend. Wishbone Ash.

Lurking
PaulX

Don't talk to me about typing, my back space key is almost worn out, having to go back over the garbage that my fingers produce independently of what my brain is telling them.

I always make sure I leave a decent gap between me and anyone I am walking with as I am unable to maintain a straight line.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

Teddy B

Jan,

Good for you and the f..f..f..funny things you have said here!

Laughing about something takes a bit of the fear away so keep on doing that. :clown:

It's MS that's strange - not me!

derby42

f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f . . . . And thats not unny on a mobile phone!

derby x

Nick

Jan,

If you could see me trying to get the letters in the right places you would laugh! I'ts really annoying, Kay took a form off me the other day to check it again after I had checked it three times (which had me fuming!) Yep you guessed it! Still a couple of 'twisted up words' WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOING ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have decided that one day I shall simple leave all the errors in ..........

Just another Warrior...........

derby42

Lol

derby x

babyblues

ah, thank you. now i have a name for it. my devils finger :D my typing has always been poor, combined with bad spelling, but i have had to make myself slow down and check alot more than i used to. the extra weird letters dont bother me as much as my devil finger using the mouse button when i dont want it to. i get so angry with myself if im hovering over the mouse buttons whilst browsing: especially when part way through reading somethign interesting (dont even get me started on using the "tap" function on laptop pointers!!!)

my devils finger has a mind of its own though. i think it secretly hates my partner. if we are cuddled up watching tv, occasionally he will growl at me or even yelp. i thought he was winding me up when accusing me of prodding him, untill one day he pointed out where i had just scratched him (my fingernails were on the long side) . I have no feeling of doing it, im engrossed in the telly. he says these days if he knows im about to fall asleep, he has to move my arm off him, or i really hurt him with my scratching him. (bless him, he is also knows how much i need to sleep so is also scared of waking me up.)

Currently undiagnosed.

angeltess

Haha, I'm pleased I'm not the only one. The kids christened it my devil finger after a CBBC programme they used to watch - they even do the weird voice with it!! It actually makes them laugh when they see my index finger shaking manically when I'm doing things, or sometimes just sitting reading a book. It's wild enough for the Neurologist to mention my left hand tremor in a recent letter to the GP haha.

And yes, I've had to backspace to delete about 3 or 4 fs in this short message!!

fffffff haha

Broken wings can heal and mend again. Don't be afraid to cry your tears out loud. Everybody needs to have a friend. Wishbone Ash.

babyblues

have you ever heard of the aye aye lemur? stephen fry did part of a documentary on them (called "last chance to see.) if you type in "aye aye stephen fry" into youtube, watch the first clip that comes up. the first time i watched it, i was in hysterics. the aye aye used to supposidly bring bad luck to local people if it looked them in the eye and pointed at them with their huge finger.

i jsut found the clip again, and have had to pause it to quickly write this. i cant help but cry with laughter at their facination with one in a zoo, and cant help but compare myself to it.

Currently undiagnosed.

angeltess

We're just a couple of aye aye lemurs haha. I'd never heard of them. I really hope I'm not a harbinger of bad luck. Just realized harbinger rhymes with finger - I feel a poem coming on haha. Jan. xx.