The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
moomin

Hot knees!

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

moomin

Hi all, hope you had a good Christmas!

Have been going to ask about this but its another thing that you only think about when it's happening. Basically what I want to know is does anyone get hot knees? It seems to happen a couple of times a week to me. The rest of my legs feel fine but my knees feel so hot (even to the touch)

Anyhooo that's all I wanted to ask!

Xx

Sleepy
Scully

Hot knees?? Sounds like a dance act!!

How weird is that? Not had them myself, although I do get temperature changes with my feel from time to time.

One foot can feel much colder than the other, or much hotter, although, when I actually touch them, they aren't so different, just feels as though they are.

Scully

x

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

Hezza

Hi Moomin,

The closest I get is hot cheeks - before anyone goes there I mean the ones on my face! :lolbash:

That said I do try to keep my legs cool as I find my restless legs kick off if they get too warm.

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Hot knees?? Sounds like a dance act!!

Did a quick google search for MS and Hot Knees - they are definitely not a dance act! :censored:

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

moomin

Lol!! U lot make me laugh!

Well I must be unique then.

I can relate to Hezza though because my legs get restless a lot when I'm in bed and it happens when they are warm. Strangely though my feet are always painfully cold!

Xx

Christina

Sounds to me like neuropathic pain Moomin. It can and does strike anywhere! :lolsign:

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

Guest zelinda

Hot stuff lucky you lol.

I get hot legs lol. (Sounds a bit like MASH lol with the old HOT LIPS lol kiss-lips.gif).

Explain. Well I can be laying in bed and my legs suddenly go really HOT like the heating is on. I know i have the heating off in my bedroom because it would kill me if it was on, and I even touch the radiator to check but nope its cold. Yet my legs are HOT.

Now it isnt the blankets or duvet, because I have a blanket cage over my legs, because I cant stand any weight on my legs as they can be really sensitive at times. So my legs are hot almost boiling lol....yet they feel ok to touch not hot at all.

THEN the opposite can happen. My legs can be FREEZING cold. I mean really freezing cold. I then i have shove loads of blankets on top of them lol.

It is nerves I was told that by the neuro so Chris is spot on. Those weird brain signals getting lost en-route lol. I reckon my brain signals is like spaghetti junction lol....

moomin

I guess I took my nerves for granted before I started with all this. It's amazing, strange and sometimes scary what they are capable of doing.

Hope you all have a great new year, unfortunately I am starting the new year with a chest infection. I'm feeling pretty exhausted right now and just hope that it's the infection that's causing it. Don't really want another flare up cos I have felt pretty good for the last couple of months. Maybe I did too much AGAIN!!!!! One day I'll get my spoons just right lol.

Anyway, happy new year xxxx