The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Stumbler

Warn Status

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Procrastinating
Stumbler

I seem to have gained the following :-

Warn Status

< -3 ( ) 3 >

on all my posts. It appears just under my details, under my mood, so it is obviously my status, but what have I done?

Can I apologise just in case I've done something wrong - an occupational hazard if you're me!

Can anyone enlighten me?

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Sluggish
Marina

No worries Stumbler, you've done nowt wrong at all and we wouldn't expect you to, you've always been exemplary! :flowerface:

We've simply enabled a warning system in the event of anybody causing problems or breaking rules etc. As the forum's grown and keeps growing, these are regrettably things we need to start implementing in order to keep the forum a calm, nice, and friendly place, same as it's usually always been.

So, if anyone should misbehave or break rules, we will now start sending out warnings to them if necessary. The result of these warnings can vary from simply receiving a warning, to having posts moderated, to temporary or permanent suspension, or to being outright banned. Whether we send private PMs or Warnings is at the discretion of mods but Warnings are final (ie, no discussion about it will take place).

Note that only mods and you can see your "Warn status", other members can't. In other words, only you see it on your own posts and in your profile, and you can't see anybody else's.

Sorry about the belated explanation for it, I've had quite a lot to do behind the scenes.

• Like 1

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Marina, thanks for finding the time to provide such a full explanation.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Sluggish
Marina

I've got another forum as well as website I'm trying to deal with at the same time as here... so I'm running around a bit like a headless chicken at the moment :lolsign:

I meant to add that you'd know if you'd had a warning (and not received notification of it), as there'd be a number inside the brackets, eg: and if you clicked on "Warn status", it would show you the reason for it. No number = no warning :hippy:

Marina

Procrastinating
Stumbler

I'll stop looking over my shoulder then.

Thanks

:hearts_circle:

Sluggish
Marina

It was an experiment where, to be honest, it wasn't expected to show quite like it did or to frighten the life out of all of you! So I disabled it a couple of days ago and, as you may have noticed yesterday (if you looked :-)), you don't see it anymore :hoop:

Marina

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Thanks for the update, Marina. :wink:

Lurking
PaulX

I noticed I got one as well a few days ago, I figured that perhaps it was just a glitch. Thanks for explaining what it is, or rather was, all about.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.