The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Sandra Dee

Have you heard of Suise Cornell

68 posts in this topic Last Reply

Sandra Dee

Has anyone heard of this lady.... She is based in Chelmsford and works with people that have MS and other difficult illnesses also. She has MS herself. If you haven't heard of her and want a gander her website is www.susiecornell.com

I am looking at alternate therapies at this moment in time and I see her therapy via the e-Lybra an option.

Sandra

X

Nick

Hi Sandra,

Its great that you are looking at all your options and trying to gain a better understanding of just what MS means for you. My only advice here for you at this point is that you need to try and appreciate it takes a lot of time and effort to gain that better knowledge. Simply put.......Its complicated!

It is something I think we all had to go through. Some of the very best advice you will find anywhere is from this site! You also need to be very careful of some sources of information and just where they originate from. First hand experience and knowledge is invaluable. Direct contact with other people with the same kind of situations can be much more than just useful! It can be fantastic!

So take your time and ask all those questions, I'm sure you will get some good responses.

Nick

• Like 1

Just another Warrior...........

Sandra Dee

Hi Nick,

Had you heard of here? or did you have a peep? What did you think? :)

Sandra

Nick

Well Sandra,

I did have a quick look but while I am very interested in all aspects of MS and in particular the experience of how we handle such things , I am also very wary of any 'quick fixes' MS is not an easy thing to deal with and it's something we must all get to grips with in our own way. Its really good to be positive and you won't go far wrong by simply reading all you can about it from sources such as the MS Trust and MS Society. You also need to ask all those questions!!!!!! MS is a condition that you learn to live 'with' it is not something that you try and 'combat'. One of the more difficult things I found at first was the complete variations between other peoples problems and my own. This is really what takes the time to find out, that is what your own 'new capabilities' are, and your 'limitations' and with all that will come a much better appreciation of just what it is that you are up against. Its a scary thing but once you get all those things sorted you may well be surprised !!!

Hope that helps.

Don't stress, take time and once agin ask the questions!

Edited by Nick

Heste

Had you heard of here? or did you have a peep? What did you think? :)

Personally I would run a mile (which with my mobility is not easy).

I read her site. It contains a mixture of science and fairy dust. Now I cannot say that the fairy dust doesn't work but I am sure it is expensive and if it doesn't work for you then they probably tell you its your fault for not believing in fairy dust.

Some people believe in alternative treatments and some do not. I for one do not. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Personally I could not sleep at night if sold you a pendant and told you it would make you better if you put it under your pillow.

This is of course just my cynical and twisted personal view having read so many of these, possible well meaning, possibly not, alternative treatments.

Run!

Regards,

John cowboy.gif

• Like 2

Sleepy
Scully

I wish there was a ' quick fix' too. Unfortunately there isn't.

I too am wary of anyone that wants money! Especially if it's upfront.

There are so many promises of MS Cures out there that I avoid them like the plague.

I'm not saying this applies to all alternative therapy. Acupuncture and osteopathy I know has brought some relief to a lot of people and I think it's always worth a go.

I also believe in a healthy balanced diet, regular excercise and making sure one looks after ones health and well being.

I also believe that a positive state of mind and attitude is another strong contender for helping us feel better too, rather than 'magic'

Just my own opinions

Scully

x

Edited by Scully
  • Like 2

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

Sandra Dee

Grrr I did a reply n lost it.... I'll be back after some headache tablets n my special k. :)

Oh and after I spent ages to resize a mug shot it does not seem to appear... What have I done wrong... :) something simple I guess.

X

Edited by Sandra Dee

Sleepy
Scully

Sandra,

You lovely picture is on your profile. You just need to add it as your avatar is all. Which you can do by going to your profile, edit and change avatar.

Scully

x

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

Christina

I think if this worked we would have heard about it from other sources by now. Be very wary of quick fix cures, there have been many over the years, as others have said. Plus many people out there willing to take your money. I would ask myself the question, as I usually do with these things, where is the clinical trial evidence? Answer - there isn't any.

Chris xx

• Like 2

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

Nick

Sandra,

See I told you that you would get lots of good advice! Much of what has been said here is so true.

If I wanted to choose a motto and hang it on the wall it would be Scully's words..quote:

'Believe in a healthy balanced diet, regular excercise and making sure one looks after health and well being'.

'Believe in a positive state of mind and attitude. A strong contender for helping us feel better, rather than any 'magic'

Heste

I should say that she is not actually offering a "quick fix". She actually says it can take years....and you pay monthly.

I did notice that her web site looks like it has been compromised. Read the forth paragraph of her website's opening page.:rofl:

She probably hasn't realised.

Regards,

Cynical old John :cowboy:

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Now, cynical old John, can't you overlook a typo? Although in this case, it does make you wonder.

Cynics and realists, not much difference. They both end up getting shafted. However, the realist know when to brace themselves! :smile:

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Heste

Now, cynical old John, can't you overlook a typo?

The same "typo" appears twice in the same paragraph. Perhaps it's a Freudian slip.

Regards,

John :cowboy:

Bigbird

Avoid avoid

It's snake oil by a fancy name

Where is the clinical data? If it was so good the professionals would be talking about it.

We'd all like to think there was a cure but as yet there isn't. There has been progress but it's likely to come in the form of gene therapy or along those lines.

Sorry to be so negative but over the years I've seen treatments come and go and we're still here struggling along

x

Life's too short to be subtle

Sandra Dee

Thanks everyone...Lol I did notice a few typos..... and I agree it is very low key.... now that I have had a few replies from you chaps. I don't see her as offering a cure, just an alternative which may help some.. and yup with the little knowledge and experience I have of MS I can only imagine at this moment that stem cell is the way forward for a cure.... but in the meantime my understanding was £130 I think (MS memory or lack of going on) and then follow ups which I guess are optional if progress is made from a clients point of view..... I apprecaite I am looking like a fairy in search of the twinkly dust..... but part of me thinks even if she is an inspirational woman with diet knowledge (something I don't have right now) along with the e-lybra that looks at my magnetic fields and energy etc.... (stuff I don't quite know a lot about) is it worth a go...... personaly I don't expect to loose MS, but hope to find a way to manage and make things easier and plesant. I must say on this short journey soooo far I have met some gorgeous people... people I would never have met.. I feel sooo warm so far and there have been some wonderful things that have happened to me since being diagnosed (other than being diagnosed of course). I feel love from the most unusual of places... I would have never of noticed a month ago, I feel quite rich right now... not so sure about £130 + some... but I will have a wee think about that.

So this fairy is seaching for whatever dust makes her smile I guess... maybe the journey will be an adventure and give me some joy.

x

Edit edit... how come you lot have a reputation... please don't tell me we need to sleep around on this site... I've got a headache. :)

Edited by Sandra Dee
  • Like 3

Nick

Hi Sandra,

Your getting the hang of it! I really meant it when I said that this is the best place for the very best advice! IT IS!

Here's what I felt just after I was diagnosed in 2008, not knowing a thing about MS and having just met 'an old hand' for the first time,

Roller Coaster

A summers day, the sunshine streaming down through the tall glass windows. Walking into that calm, cool and still room I was wondering just why there always seemed to be two people in attendance. It just seemed so strange. A pause , a calm hush. I remember that hush, the still cool air. We sat down and my young lady doctor told me in hushed tones the results from the scan.

That was it, simple. I was neither angry nor sad. The problem was I knew it was serious but I knew nothing, absolutely nothing about those two long words " Multiple Sclerosis".

That was a year ago and it has taken me that whole long year to get where I am today.

Yes it is a very big deal. It's unlike anything else you will ever come across.

It's the "what happened next" bit that's interesting and important. Something no doctor can ever possibly tell you. That part is rather special and very, very difficult to understand. Its special because once you do understand it you will have achieved a great deal in managing your own MS.

MS effects everybody differently and at the present time there is no cure for MS . This is very scary. In fact I think you could describe it as like being on one of those giant Roller Coaster rides at the fair. This particular one is also pretty dodgy in its construction and lucky old you will be the one and only rider who will ever attempt its twisted tracks.

That's it! You can read up in all the books and on the internet about exactly what's been happening to you. However YOU are the one already on this crazy one man ride and whatever you do or learn is all pretty academic !

So how is it that a year on I am sat here in a cafe drinking coffee and laughing with my friends? Some of this is due,not to any secret wonder drug, nor the routine of seeing a neurologist and being prescribed medicines. Some of it is simply down to me coming to an understanding of my own particular " Roller Coaster ride"

You too will need to understand this and a few simple steps may be of great help.

Accept the fact that you won't " get over" MS. MS is a "Condition" Conditions are something you "manage"

Do not attempt this ride "alone". You need people , some of the people you undoubtedly need are people who already live with MS.

Understand that your life will change. How it changes will partly depend on what you do NOW.

I have found it a big step. I like many of you have done the classic. I tried to fight it.

Its a big thing! I also knew best and didn't want to "get involved" with "anything like that" .

By God that first turn of the roller coaster sent me hurtling down at breakneck speed into the abyss! About halfway down I got lucky , I got introduced to a lady who had been living with MS for nine years. You know what , for a second that ride stood stock still. Talking to her for just five minutes changed the ride ! I carried on still falling down those rusty, rattling tracks. Now I had something to cling on to ... Like coming up for air . A big breath in and all of a sudden we are heading up into the sky and the light and looking around I could see for miles. Trouble is I'm still on board and what goes up must come down , right? I can still see for miles but I'm scrabbling about thinking "Oh No!, where the hell is this thing going next". Clank, clank, clank........slower and slower now as the ride nears the top. Just time to think. "Its just a ride right?" My new friend laughs at me , then she's gone , that can't be right can it? Over the top and hurtling into the depths . This time I'm still scared, sure , but I have a little smile across my face . "Dam cheek her laughing at me like that" I think, what's next?

Well what's next is that you get used to the ride. Nobody said you can't live on a roller coaster, your very own one at that! Thing is, its YOU that takes on the scary bits , you can make the humps feel a little less steep. More nice straight flat bits! You find out where you are, who you are and what you CAN still do.

Just like those experienced roller coaster people who sit in the front seats. Who knows what you might end up doing next!

Nick

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

Heste

In a spirit of even handedness....

I am sure she must have some very satisfied customers. I do believe there is power in belief and maybe some of the alternative therapies (that I call fairy dust) do actually work even though I have no idea how.

I control pain with the power of my mind (see even I can do alternative)

I can do mystical too....I am now getting a message from the little people....woooo....Ok...here is the message...."Most of your MS is due to Systemic Candida". There, you can have that diagnoses for free. If anyone tells you that for

• Like 1

Heste

Edit edit... how come you lot have a reputation... please don't tell me we need to sleep around on this site... I've got a headache. :)

Sleep around? damm, I've been giving reputation points for free!

OK, on the bottom right of every post there is green + button. If you like what you read, agree with it or just want to say thanks then just click the green +.

Click on the number on the right of the green + (which disappears if you click it) and it tells you who loves you. :siren:

Regards,

John :cowboy:

• Like 1

Sandra Dee

Hi Nick...

Soooo word perfectly written..... I felt like i was reading a chapter of your book? You have a lovely gift n passion for writing. :)

It also made me giggle.... I could not imagine anything worse than a roller coaster ride for my sensories at the moment.... Not sure I could go near a speed calming bump at the mo without a little yelp or scream.... Flipping roller coaster ride I would loose my voice... To explain... I have driven over two railway bridges this week and have felt like I was on a bad roller coaster ride in Rhyl.... Which is rather bizarre, as this dare devil woman rides sports bikes... Mountain bikes n fast cars... N now i cannot hit a bridge at a normal speed without feeling i'm on a pretty impressive roller coaster ride that scares the c*** out of me.... So your analogy is pretty apt.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom too.:)

X

Edited by Sandra Dee

Sandra Dee

Whohoooo I have a reputation n am still managing to be abstinent.... :). Thank you John.

Bigbird

And what might your magnetic fields be?

Life's too short to be subtle

Heste

I am in far less cynical mood today....

She does have an MBE. It's for services to disabled people in Essex. It was awarded in 2007.

They don't give them out willie-nillie so she must be doing some good.

Regards,

John

Sandra Dee

Hi John... Hehe.... Have you heard her BBC talk? I liked her.... :) then there she was in 50 over 50 extradionary women... A book.... Soo I am thinking I wanna know more about her.... N when she mentioned 'hey Jude' the song, well she kinda made me smilie some more..... I know all the words to that tune..well I did.... Outta tune maybe but who cares... Soo I think there must be something that is drawing me fairy wings in to her.... Or just a roller coaster ride.... She screams at the though of her sensories going mad. :)

I'm just a fairy.... Or maybe a butterfly.... Free... Happy.... N having a flutter about..

X

Edited by Sandra Dee

happyandy

I don't believe in all these get cured quick schemes

Im a cynic

But I have found a site which promises me a cure , you take part in a scheme which involves me giving away lots of money and apparently it works real quick.

Id be a mug not to try it hearts_circle.gif

Andy

• Like 1

If I knew I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of my body

Heste

I have been thinking about this today (with my less cynical head on). I must confess to carrying some heavy baggage when it comes to alternative treatments for MS. The artist/illustrator, Johnny Hicklenton, eventually committed suicide after trying many different alternative treatments.

I have PPMS. Mainstream medicine offers me nothing but bandaids for symptoms. We can become very vulnerable to straws being dangled for us to cling to.

I think I need to separate the person from some of the treatments. I can see some merit in the person but no matter how I try I cannot swallow the treatment.

My guess is that you probably need to take both, so I don't think I would gain much from seeing her as I don't think I have the right attitude to the treatment.

I had a similar problem when I saw a homeopathist. Talking to him helped, taking the tablets had no effect. But then perhaps this was my fault for not believing in it. I can be open minded and try things before I condemn them but that is "open mind" not "empty mind".

Sandra, if you decide to try her clinic then please let us know how you get on.

Regards,

John cowboy.gif