The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Sign in to follow this  
steven

Incapacity to Esa query

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

steven

Hi folks,

Just wanted to get a grasp of things when I move from Incapacity over to ESA. I've been informed by DWP that if I am placed onto work related group I will only be entitled to claim for a 12 month period due to the fact that my wife works and wondered if anyone has came across this. I'm aware that the support group arent expected to look for work but I'm unclear as I have been on Incapacity since 2007 and am due to change soon.

Kind regards

Steve

s f

Christina

Hi Steve

This is the new ruling that's just come into force I'm afraid. Anyone on IB who gets transferred over to ESA work related activity group will only be allowed benefit for 12 months, and if you have a partner you works you won't be able to claim ESA income related after the 12 months. Those of us in this situation feel very aggrieved as we paid our NI contributions, often over many years of work, and IB didn't have these rules attached to them. You can of course, appeal the work related group and ask to be reconsidered for support group. You can request a reassessment at any time, if you feel you're getting worse.

Chris x

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• Query

Hi My mother in law has MS and just recently has developed a painful foot particularly when she is lifting it to walk. The pain is at the side of her foot and a bit underneath. The gp thinks it might be plantar fasciitis and she has got exercises to do. I just wondered if anyone else on her has experienced this. She has not had this pain before. Welcome any advice! Thanks

in General Discussion about MS

• Accident and Injury Claims Query

I fell and injured my ankle over two years ago. I decided to persue a claim as I was crossing badly maintained public ground. Finally, I have received an appointment to be assessed by medical personel.   However....about seven months after the accident I began to have several worrying symptoms that have led me (through several GP appointments) to be on the waiting list to see a neurologist. I have noticed that my range of symptoms are possible MS symptoms whilst my GP has mentioned M.E. twice.   My question is: should I mention this ongoing diagnostic process to the medical practitioner examining meon behalf of the law firm? Would it help or hinder my case? If this is MS (or some other disease that shares similar symptoms) it may have affected me at the time, though as far as I was aware then I was perfectly fine. I was carrying a child and avoiding a reversing car at the time.   So do I say anything about this or not? If they look at my medical files, surely they'll notice the recent surge in activity?!? Help!

• Eye Query?

Here we go again lol!! for the last few days my left eye is constantly twitching/jerking (apparently both eyes are moving from side to side even when im looking straight ahead) its not painful as such just uncomfortable and improves if i close my eye. my vision is slightly blurred not definately not as bad as the optic neuritis in the right eye. my hubbie wants me to go back to eye hosp with this but i dont want to waste anyones time. is this a symptom?? Still no word on LP, MRI or visual tests. On a positive note the gabapentin has taken the intense pain outta legs and thus makes the strange sensations bearable! on a bad note sensations have now started in right arm, feels like it you slept on it and it went "dead" then all prickly as feeling comes back.... what next lol?? just wanted to check in and say hi!! oh and pick everyones brain about the eye lol!!

• Medicine Query?

Hi all, I am posting this on behalf of my aunt who has MS, she is not good with computers so has asked me if I could find out more on this. She has recently been diagnosed with an inflammation of the liver and told to go off her MS medication, she is very worried about doing this. She is currently taking Phenylalinine, B12 and Gamanil. Is there anyone who has had the same problem? and if so were there any side effects to going off the meds? I would be really grateful if anyone could help me out on this   Elaine

• query about mri

Hi all,   Just a query over my results from the mri i had in the summer. When the scan was done they didn't use the contrast dye and I was   just wondering if this could of affect the clear resullts that came back. Ive presented so many more symptoms since then and would   like to know if they will possibly re do it with the contrast dye?   So many questions keep popping into my head so I hope you don't mind, I just want to have my facts before I see the neuro on the   28th.   Cheers for the support. Bec :) x

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.