The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
haze

GOT MY MS REPORT NOW IM LAUGHING

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

haze

Reading this report from a supposed ms speacilist i have gone past crying to wanting beat his brains to now laughing the more i read and take it in the more im thinking his for real. I have a few neurologist due to the fact no one seems to have clue so i have been passed from department to department. The report confirms a negative rombergs test and convergenec in both eyes with IMO not related to ms and a list of eight other symptons one being a new thing both hips have a mild flexion weakness. Since 2002 they have know this but failed to tell me so now i am stunned im i stupid or should a neurologist know someone who deals with brain and spinal disease when there is significant symptons. Can any you help i would gladly answer any questions

HAZEXX

Sleepy
Scully

Hello Haze,

It's really difficult to tell what is in the minds of neurologists and consultants sometimes.

Even more difficult for us here, without the benefit of a full medical history. Consultants will often list their findings at he time of examination.

The hip weakness that you mention may have been present all of our life and perhaps not caused you any problems, or is unlikely to cause you any problems in the future. We all, as humans have some defects or another that we are unaware of and possibly will never be aware of.

I think, in your position I would take the report to your GP with you, and ask him to explain some of the findings. Unless we are doctors it's almost impossible for any of us to understand some of this medical jargon.

Scully

x

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

Hezza

:hugs2: Haze,

:iagree: with Scully. Take the letter along to your GP and ask if they can clarify it for you and suggest what to do next. If you're worried about being rushed during the appointment you should be able to request a double appointment.

Take care xx

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Understanding MRI report

I’m  not sure if anyone can back me. I have left a message for my nurse but unfortunately it does take time for an answer. Anyway just got my latest mri report & I’m really confused by what they’ve said. Am I right in thinking it is saying they’re is signs although low my lesions have got worse🤔
      also I don’t get the meaning of the comparison to my other mri🥺🙈 any help greatly appreciated💞
      ‘corresponding low T1 signal denoting chronicity of the lesions. 
      Known MS, followup, the current study shows stable supratentorial white matter demyelinating plaques, compared to March 23 scan with no MRI evidence of active plaques by diffusion criteria non contrast criteria only.’

in General Discussion about MS

• Report on MS/Covid 19 Study

Just thought you would all be interested in this   Self-diagnosed COVID-19 in people with multiple sclerosis: a community-based cohort of the UK MS Register JNNP.BMJ.COM In the early phases of the UK COVID-19 outbreak, in the absence of clear evidence about the risks for people with multiple sclerosis (pwMS) and those taking immunomodulatory disease-modifying therapies (DMT), we launched a...    

• The MRI report is in... just waiting for the phone to ring

Hi everyone   Spoke to the Immunologists secretary this morning, my MRI report is in however she won't tell me anything just that she is going to get him to ring me this afternoon when he gets in.... the suspense is killing me!!   Not been feeling too great over the last few days head is banging again and neck is stiff and feeling drunk again aaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh :) xxxxx

• laughing at yourself

I think coming here more regularly has helped me find the funny. In the past I have fought my MS. I am not saying I have totally given in. It has taken a long time for me to accept it. I am one of the lucky ones and can do things so I have always been hard on myself because I have invisible symptoms. So I try an carry on as normal, or avoid doing things out and about if not too good. Well just this week I have found myself laughing, as I mentioned in another post I overbalanced when being nosey, I was on my own but just laughed at myself, in the past it would of made me feel down. Yesterday, told hubby I had a hard night drinking, well i meant sleeping. well he said probably you would of been better drinking So I am still finding that funny. Again if he had said anything like that I would not of been amused.   So any newly diagnosed people dont leave it years to find the funny like me, Just laugh and if people think your crazy who cares, they probably think you are crazy anyway, as most people dont get the illness.

• Brain dissection report in the Guardian 2

The report in the Guardian today mentions the following regarding MS and brain dissection:   " In MS patients, sclerosis means hardening, and you can sometimes feel that the brain tissue has hardened just by picking it up."   "... with MS there's no strong correlation between the number of lesions in the brain as a whole and the amount of disability you suffer."     The Guardian report     T

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.