The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Sign in to follow this  
Marina

List of Tons of Hints

1 post in this topic Last Reply

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• The list of Medicines affected by no-deal Brexit

This is for information about some of the meds many people with MS may take.   “What is becoming clear in this extract from the UK’s supply chain of medicines is the sheer scale already affected by either physical shortages or price increases as a direct result of Brexit, currently expected at the end of October. The breadth of conditions the shortages these medicines apply to is very wide, covering all age groups and everything from birth control, diabetes and painkillers to antibiotics, Parkinson’s and cancer treatments.”   The list of Medicines affected by no-deal Brexit - TruePublica TRUEPUBLICA.ORG.UK the UK's supply chain of medicines is already affected by physical shortages or price increases as a direct result of Brexit, expected at the end of October   Earlier, the Epilepsy Society, being as some of our meds are primarily for epilepsy, had posted this list:   Contingency plans for epilepsy medications in case of a no-deal Brexit WWW.EPILEPSYSOCIETY.ORG.UK In August 2018, the Government asked pharmaceutical companies to ensure they have a minimum six week stockpile of prescription-only and pharmacy-only medicines in case of...  

in General Discussion about MS

• How do I set out this symptoms list?

Hi guys   Following on from advice from the wonderful members on here, and checking advice from the Walton centre website about first visits, I decided to knuckle down with this symptom list. But I am getting nowhere as everything seems like I have made it too long and gone into too much detail. What is the best way to shorten it but make it be seen what is happening to me? I can remember when things have happened to me roughly but not sure on dates etc. Do I need to put dates in? I am okay with remembering roughly how long symptoms have lasted.   Thanks in advance

• GP visit today with a list!

Morning Everybody,   I hope you all had a good weekend.   Visit to GP this morning to enquire about the drug 'Fampyra' which has now been licensed here in the UK and is supposed to aid walking and help with spasticity.   My mobility is pretty bad now, uncoordinated, slow and painful. So I thought I'd ask him.   Not surprisingly he hadn't heard of it, but has agreed to do some research and get costings etc. I gather it is pretty expensive so it will depend on whether our ailing NHS will fund it or not. I will keep you posted.   The muscle spasms are increasing so we agreed to increase the baclofen. The only other alternative he could offer was a tranquilizer. Im not keen to go down the tranquilizer path, so I will up my daily baclofen. Now 50mg per day.   Whilst I was there, I had him look at some sore and irritated skin on both my outer thighs which appeared a few weeks ago and won't go away. Apparently it's eczema!! Never ever had any skin problems whatsoever, so was a tad stunned! He also mentioned that eczema tends to be symmetrical which is why it's on both thighs, in the same place. I didn't know that. He's given me some steroid creams to use and it should be gone inside 2 weeks.   Scully x

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.