The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Sandra Dee

Whohoo to my Slap Dash DLA Application form

21 posts in this topic Last Reply

Sandra Dee

You may remember me talking about my 2 hour DLA application form that I did not fill in myself... I was not able to write and the chap at Dial House helped, but he had not long come out of hospital from an op on his right hand... I was soo frightened is was not good enough as soo many people seemed to take weeks to do a form... this was done in an hour an a half I think and the writing was much to be desired (not his fault).... so much so I tried to tidy bits of it up as I was concerned is was a little ruff.. so with my leftie I tried to dot some i's and cross some t's.. anyway... Oh my gosh.. I got it!!!.... I am sooo thrilled... it will make soo much difference to me.... I have also joined an agency for some temp work in the hope of just seeing how I go on just a few days a week... Told them I need a chilled sit down job. Maybe 1 day first.. I really want to try and be in the outside world again.... Appreciating i may not be the most flexible candidate... But i thought to try...Annnddd guess what I spoke to the poeple that I paid to do the Excercise to music course and they are letting me do the written part i didnt do free of charge.. I did the dancing bit back in jan...im not sure i will be able to dance.. Well i can hope things get better..mwe will see.... But at least i will have completed it once i do the theory... And have it under my belt as an achievement.... Luckily I paid for this in Dec to do it in Jan but i was not really that brill at the time and asked them to put it on the back burner... it was just too much.. I was not able to cope...it was weird... two weeks later I was in A&E and a few days after that I was told I had MS... so no surprise I could not handle it. I cannot believe how my luck is up..... Annnd there is more..... someone I met some time ago has got in touch... we were never an item... just special to each other, (very special I think) I guess we thought a lot of each other... but were both not emotionally available... circumstances etc....and now.... well... I don't know yet... but it is sooo lovely to hear from him.... Initially I was not going to tell him about the MS.... I didn't want him to run... but I guess if he is special he won't and if I am special there is another good reason for him not running.... his reply was... It will be harder than that to get rid of me.... she displays a big GRIN. :))

He told me to listen to this song... maybe others feel the same about someone and could share it to show they care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8UeeIAJ0a0

Life is soooo much easier with some lightness.... it is amazing.... I am sooo going to project good, positive things.... it works.

x

I hope others are feeling good.... I read lots of things where my heart gets pulled on here.... part of me feels a wee bad for feeling sooo blessed right now..... hopefully I can share some hope around... sprinkle sprinkle my multi coloured dust.

xxx

Edited by Sandra Dee
  • Like 1

Christina

cheerleader2.gifGreat news Sandra. It's obviously given you a real lift, and a positive mood can only help your MS cheerleader2.gif

Chris x

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

Sandra Dee

Yes Christine... feeling rather blessed and lucky..... Soo many beautiful things happening....And my little girl is loving her new school.. it is not far and she is walking with a neighbours son.. well she goes off on her scooter... her £1.05p scooter from the car boot she got on anglesey... My parents live there and they have been helping... She is pleased as punch with it and school... she has even told me what she has had for lunch for the last 2 days... who she has played with and keeps singing if your happy and you know it... clap your hands..... repeatedly.... (headache tablets please)

Edited by Sandra Dee

derby42

great news. i do hope your fortune continues.

derby x

Procrastinating
Stumbler

I'm sure there's no-one here that will begrudge you some sunshine, after all the stormy weather.

Good luck to you.

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Sandra Dee

Thank you for your nice wishes..... I think we all deserve some huh Stumbler..... but hey... one day at a time... don't wish to fall over giddy from smiling or even smyelin. :)

x

fourdogs

So pleased for you , makes you feel 100 times better when the stress of the forms is lifted , good luck on the love front too x

Sandra Dee

Thank you four dogs.

X

Sleepy
Scully

Hello Sandra,

So pleased to hear that everything has turned into a positive for you. So good to read of good fortune and some upward signs!

Good luck with everything

Scully

x

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

eliza

It is exciting when things start to work out. So pleased for you. You are enthuisiastic and got very much the right attitude.

go girl.....:cheerleader:

Sandra Dee

Thanks Scully and Eliza..... all good.... very tired today with all that excitement... a calm day ahead of me, me thinks... I have my parents coming over next week too... they are going to finish some jobs off around the house that are drving me insane.... I cannot wait.. :)

Tania B

Pleased to hear your good news Sandra!

DLA and Blue Badge eligibilty is an unknown area for me. Sounds like a minefield.

T

Edited by Tania B

Sandra Dee

hello there Tania... long time no see.... I hope your well?

I think it is... I think it is very hard to write about yourself.... I think the chap at Dial found it ever sooo easy as he could see my difficulties from the moment he met me... I rubbed along the corridor walls which was sooo embarrising.. then elbow to door frame.... these are things he pointed out later which I had gotten use to. He was the one that suggested me a blue badge also.

Tania B

I've been asked whether I have DLA and a Blue Badge, a few times, by people at my local MS Therapy Centre. The manager of the MSTC did say she'd help me with a form if I would like to, but how bad do you have to be? with regard to the Blue Badge my local County Council, which deals with this appear to expect one to be pretty disabled to qualify according to their website.

Sorry to read you are having a spot of trouble at the moment. Iss it your balance Sandra?

T

happyandy

I think with the mobility component of DLA you need to struggle with walking 50 or so yards.

Not sure what the criteria is for care.

However, should your condition improve you are required by law to tell the DWP and they are coming down like a ton of bricks on people who have claimed then got better.

Its one of these things that is socially acceptable to inform on perceived cheats. I think Hezza mentioned that she was challenged by a member of the public about her blue badge and parking in a disabled bay. Some people go straight to the DWP which starts an investigation.

My girlfriends niece works for the investigation unit and apparently they spy on people for quite a period of time. They monitor sites such as this to see what people are really doing such as going for 10K walks etc going to discos etc.

I have on numerous occasions mentioned on this forum for people to be careful what they post online

You never know who is watching

Andy

• Like 2

If I knew I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of my body

Tania B

I claim nothing and certainly couldn't do a 10K walk. I wish I could walk that far. As for dancing, there's no hope!

T

Sandra Dee

Hi Andy,

I hope it doesn't look like I run, jog or dance... I wish too. They were all the things I loved.... not the 10lbs I've put on in just a few months... I hope I can get back into all those things thou.... hence, I think completing my ETM by doing the theory will be a good projection whilst I hope for my dancing legs back. It was all paid for, so may as well... and it could occupy my mind... I am hoping this will give me something to aim for.

As people around me know my garden is not rosy... but I do the best I can.... I do tend to try and be positive when I post (hopefully)... because we all know how sh1t it is.... and how life has dramically changed and the affects on everyone around us.

:))

Christina

You make some very good points, worth remembering Andy flowerface.gif

• Like 1

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

Sleepy
Scully

Yes I agree with Andy too.

I am sure that I've been watched from time to time. I've seen someone sitting in a car in the lane. I've seen the same car at the library car park. So I am sure they do watch for a while, especially when new awards are given.

I've nothing to hide, it is impossible for me to walk, alone, even with my canes or walker, much further then 25 yards. And even that is very slow indeed!

We do need to take care, these awards are so necessary. I could not function without my car or the bit of extra income to help me try to live a normal life....normal? Well normal for me.

Scully

x

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

Peejay

hi Sandra just wanted to say lovely to hear a good news story. very glad for you!! xx

Peerob

They can watch me for us long as they like, and when they get bored of seeing me unable to even stand up, or do the most basic task alone, then they can go on to do something more worthwhile. However, I do understand that they have to do a job and it gets very frustrating to see people abuse the blue badge system and disability living allowance. It is therefore people that need it, not people that don't.

I am still a tax payer, and I still work with various adaptations and it does annoy me when I see people claiming disability living allowance or any other disability benefit when they don't need to.

If you need it and you are entitled to it. You should have it. If you don't need it, then you are just robbing the people that do.

• Like 1