The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Sign in to follow this  
ClaireyCro

The MRI report is in... just waiting for the phone to ring

42 posts in this topic Last Reply

ClaireyCro

Hi everyone

Spoke to the Immunologists secretary this morning, my MRI report is in however she won't tell me anything just that she is going to get him to ring me this afternoon when he gets in.... the suspense is killing me!!

Not been feeling too great over the last few days head is banging again and neck is stiff and feeling drunk again aaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh :) xxxxx

Bigbird

Hope it all goes well

It's the waiting that's the worst bit.

Let us know how you get on

x

Life's too short to be subtle

angeltess

Sorry you're feeling so grotty again Claire. Not long to wait now, though it must be very frustrating for you. Hope you get the call soon. Jan. xx

Broken wings can heal and mend again. Don't be afraid to cry your tears out loud. Everybody needs to have a friend. Wishbone Ash.

Procrastinating
Stumbler

We're all rooting for you Claire, so that you get the answers that are right for you.

Good luck.

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

ClaireyCro

Thanks everyone... I'm trying not to clock watch but my fingernails are certainly getting it in the neck xxxxx

Sleepy
Scully

Let us know what the verdict is Claire. We are all here for you, whatever the result

Scully

x

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

Christina

Won't be long now Claire.

Chris x

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

ClaireyCro

Thanks again both of u, u have all been a rock to me since I joined!!

Didn't get a phonecall tried ringing again at half 4 and no answer.... Why am I not surprised lol.xxxx

Willow

lol...so not fair.....hope you hear soon babes, thats so out of order, but does not surprise me xxx

moomin

I don't post much due to working full time and being knackered but I do read the posts and I really feel for you. I know what it's like playing the waiting game (currently a limbo lander) but its so frustrating for you to be waiting for such an important phonecall only to be let down.

I really hope you get your answers tomorrow.

Xx

Sleepy
Scully

Hopefully today will yield some answers for you Claire!

Scully

x

"The truth is out there"

ClaireyCro

Thanks everyone and Scully I really hope so.

Its so scary not knowing whats going on and wondering wether the MRI is going to show something or not. I nearly ended up down A&E again last night because my headache and dizziness was getting worse, my head felt like it was in a vice and my neck was slightly stiff, I took 2 ibuprofen and had a bath as I thought it may just be tension but it didn't help just made it worse, got out of the bath and had a pulsing sensation in my head which has also kept happening on and off since Saturday and couldn't walk properly because of pain in my feet, spine and right hip, the headache is still there this morning but not quite as bad however the pain in my right foot and hip is still there its like a burning cramp. I didn't bother going to A&E even though my sisiter was screaming at me down the phone to go... I just thought whats the point!! Its driving me crazy because I'm still off work (4th week now) and been signed off again for a further 2 weeks and things still happening, just when I feel like I'm not too bad again things strike again!!

Oh well fingers crossed they will ring me today, I know this sounds crazy but I'm also scared of them not finding anything as if they don't I really don't know where to go from there... as much as I don't want anything to be wrong, I know somethings not right as I feel at 30 years old (oooh that hurts saying that lol!!) I shouldn't be feeling like this.

This is a really hard thing for me to say and over the last week I've started writing a post about it to get some advice and then deleted what I was writing mainly because of embarrassment and being horrified that it happened but last Wednesday I also had an episode of bowel incontinence. Luckily I was in the car with my other half, I all of a sudden felt I needed to go to the toilet and it just happened and couldn't stop it. This has happened once before in November last year once again luckily I was at home, out in the car clearing some rubbish out of it but at that stage I just put it down to maybe a bad tummy or something but now its happened again on a day when I was actually feeling ok. Surely this isn't right? I mentioned it to the GP when I saw him on Tuesday and he did seem quite concerned by it.

Anyhow hopefully today will maybe give me some answers either way.

Thanks again everyone xxxxxx

Christina

Bowel urgency can be a feature of MS Claire, unfortunately, in the same way bladder urgency is too. If you'd been at home, you would most likely have made it to the toilet. These things can happen from time to time. I've had it myself now and then. I have worried what if it happens outside! Touch wood, it hasn't yet. It sounds like a very embarrassing thing for you and it's very brave of you to post about it here. You've got more courage than meflowerface.gifexcept it would seem I've just spilled the beans, so to speak lolbash.gif

I hope you get your results today.

Chris x

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

ClaireyCro

Thanks Chris... I nearly didn't write it honestly if you only knew how many times I have started to type a post about it over the last week and then deleted what I was writing you would laugh!! Cerrtainly not a nice thing to happen!!

It just worried me really because I guess its one thing that I can actually sit back and think there is no way they can put that down to anxiety or stress like they have indicated with my numbness and pins and needles etc in the past. I think thats why my GP seemed concerned about it too to be honest and he said its a neurological symptom!!

I won't mention what my partner has now nicknamed me but he certainly gets a slap everytime he says it although it does help me laugh about it lol xxxx

Procrastinating
Stumbler

OK, I'll put my hand up. I get these incontinence "issues" as well.

It's another case of listening to your body. And trying to plan ahead.

And, well done for seeing the funny side of it.

I do hope you get your phone call soon, so that you can move on.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

angeltess

Well, if it's a day for honesty, here goes. As you know, I don't have a diagnosis at all, but over the years I've had bouts of what you described. I admit I've had bowel urgency and the occasional accident, luckily not whilst out and about. In between these periods I've been completely 'normal' (if I'm ever normal haha). At the moment I'm having an issue with the opposite, I suppose. I'm getting bouts of constipation, which is very unusual for me, followed by loose bowels for a day or two. I'm going to mention this to the Neurologist when I go.

You are brave to mention it, but it's just another fact of life which is beyond our control I think. You're not alone, anyway.

Good luck for that phone call too. Jan. xx

Broken wings can heal and mend again. Don't be afraid to cry your tears out loud. Everybody needs to have a friend. Wishbone Ash.

ClaireyCro

Thanks guys for your honesty and making me feel like I'm not alone.... not a pleasant discussion but reassuring that its not just me!! And Jan definately mention it to the neuro bless you!!

I've tried ringing the consultants secretary and its just going to voicemail that you can't leave a message on.... looks like I might not get anywhere today after all :( xxxx

ClaireyCro

Me again (a very frustrated me lol)

Still haven't heard from the Consultant and can't get through to his secretary. Yesterday the consultants secretary faxed the report through to my GP as she said they would be able to tell me over the phone, I rang the GP surgery and the receptionist said they haven't received it yet and would not be able to tell me anything until my GP had looked at it when he was back in today anyway. I rang the consultants secretary back to inform her and she said not to worry as the consultant would be ringing me anyway. As I haven't heard from the consultant and can't get hold of his secretary today I just rang my GP surgery, this is how the conversation went....

Me: Hi I was wondering if the GP has looked at the MRI report yet as the consultant was supposed to be ringing me yesterday and hasn't and his secretary said she would fax the report through to you

Her: Is that Claire

Me: Yes

Her: Sorry Claire we were specifically told yesterday not to give you the results that it has to be the consultant that speaks to you

So now I don't know what to do as last night I nearly ended up down A&E again, any suggestions?? xxxxxxx

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Claire,

I feel for you, getting played around like this.

Now, your consultant has managed to speak to your GP, but seems to be avoiding you. I'd get back onto the GP and explain that the Consultant is being somewhat inconsiderate, giving the circumstances. Let them know that the delay is making you a nervous wreck and see if they can help you out at all.

It's just not right for one person to dictate when you are updated.

Personally, I'd have a stiff letter being prepared to him and the GMC! But, alas, we need these people so it would be inopportune to start a battle.

I hope you hear something soon.

Sleepy
Scully

Hello Claire,

Oh this is just too much for you to bear I'm guessing. So hard to be made to hang around, be passed around and have nobody speak to you.

I think, in your position, I'd have made an appointment to see the GP, and ask him face to face what's what? Explaining that you have been chasing your tail trying to get hold of the consultant.

Hopefully by now, you have made some headway?

Almost impossible to do, but try and relax a little, unwind in a huge warm bath etc? All this worry cannot be doing you any good sweetie?

Scully

x

"The truth is out there"

Willow

Claire,

Bless your heart, I feel for you I really do. Hang on in there babes, that's all you can do. It's so frustrating when you are waiting and wanting to hear things. This is YOUR life they are talking about, gets me so mad when you are treated this way..........hurts I know but there is nothing you can do, feeling for you babes, this is bang out or order. but try to stay calm, like that's going to happen lol.......Buggers, it's not fair, sending you a HUGE hug xxx

ClaireyCro

Thanks everyone, docs still won't tell me anything and still can't get hold of consultant so guess I've just gotta try again tommorrow!!

Trying not to worry as I know it won't help but I've told myself if I get like I was last nite again I'm just guna get my backside down to a&e me thinks!!

Thanks again to all of u words cannot describe how much u all keep me going.xxxxxxx

HeidelsCorner

Claire,

I'm so sorry that they are being this way and I really feel for you because this is how it was with me before I moved house. I was in hospital for 3 weeks - couldn't walk, slurred speech, the worst headache I'd had in my life... And all the consultant would say is that there was something not right with my MRI. That's scarier than just knowing what the problem is because at least when you know, you can start dealing with it!! So I'm sorry you're going through the mill with them. Hope you get somewhere today.

Also since we are all being honest - yep I'm in the club too with both bowel and bladder incontinence. Bowel-wise thankfully it's only happened at home but bladder-wise it has happened while I've been at work! :( not good. But you know what? We can't help these things. Now I have emergency clothes at work and a constant prayer for it to never happen again. I also find it helps if I force myself to go to the loo every hour as a precaution to avoid any accidents and my ms nurse advised to maybe avoid caffeine as it stimulates bowel and bladder alike.

Good luck today. Hope you finally get some answers.

Clare xxx

Love 'n' Blessings

Clare x

ClaireyCro

Morning

I've tried ringing the consultants secretary again and its still just going through to the voicemail which you can't leave a message on... I feel rubbish and just feel stuck as the GP surgery won't tell me and can't get hold of the consultant and he still hasn't rung me back!! Will wait to see if any letters come in the post this morning I think and then try ringing the GP again to see if I can get anything out of them today.

Clare - Bless you that must of been a nightmare for you, its bad enough being at home and them not telling you anything let alone being led in a hospital bed and them still not telling you anything... and think I might adopt your plan of spare change of clothes when I eventually do get myself back to work again.... just incases eh!!

Thanks again everyone xxxxxxx

Sleepy
Scully

Claire,

As the weekend is fast approaching, maybe try getting an appointment with the GP? He may be happy to discuss the MRI with you face to face, unless of course they have been sworn to secrecy until the immunologist has spoken to you....just a thought.

I'm so sorry you are still waiting, it must be incredibly hard for you.

Scully

x

Edited by Scully

"The truth is out there"