The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
crispy

Chris P

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

crispy

Hi all,

I've recently found this forum, and think it's great - If only there were a bit more activity (hint - hint) :lol:

I am currently 52, rapidly approaching 53. I was diagnosed in '93 and am a PPMSer. I was retired in '94 from a large Insurance company, where I worked as a computer programmer. They treated me very well, and still do, but I had to accept that the old brain couldn't hang on to the threads it needed to any more :cheers:

I have been married to Cathy for almost 15 years, and we moved to Devon from Hampshire five years ago. People in Devon are so friendly compared to anywhere we have lived before :D

Brief history of my MS.

At the time of diagnosis, there was very little visibly wrong - I was still able to go for long walks and do basic household DIY. Five years ago I began to deteriorate slightly and the stairs were beginning to be a problem. We decided to get a bungalow and moved to Devon to find one. At that time I was still able to install a new kitchen, almost by myself. Heat was increasingly becoming a problem, and three years ago decided that I couldn't take foreign holidays, or staying out in the sun for more than a few minutes. I use a wheelchair if I go out with Cathy, but still manage to hobble about indoors using a stick, and rolling round the walls :wallbash:

I am currently looking at power chairs, but want to keep going as long as I can, and avoid even more muscle waste. Apart from that, I suffer from all the usual problems associated with progressive forms of this thing, but I have a very supportive wife :wink: and despite everything, we are doing just great.

I won't bore you with any more now, there's another day tomorrow :wink:

All the best,

Chris P :crutch:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

beddoe79

Hi Chris

I'm sure you remember me from the other message board. Just thought I'd say hi and great to see you on here. Hope to talk to you soon

crispy

Hi Leigh, :bye:

It's great to see you here. Several of the others have joined up, but you're the first to post. I'll probably post a more general greeting later in the General Discussion Lounge.

Take care,

All the best,

Chris P

beddoe79
Hi Leigh, :bye:

It's great to see you here. Several of the others have joined up, but you're the first to post. I'll probably post a more general greeting later in the General Discussion Lounge.

Take care,

Chris P :bye:

Thanks Chris

I've added my own thread with an explanation as to why I am here.

Seems a great board - i've also sent you an email about it too.

Anyway take care :crutch:

dawney-t

Hi Chris, Hi Leigh

Well I signed up this morning and have only now found this part of the site. Takes a bit of getting around but I'm sure its gonna be great when it all becomes more clear.

Look forward to seeing some of the other PPMSers from the other board on here soon.

Take care :crutch:

Love Dawn xx

MS diagnosed May 2004, PPMS diagnosed July 2004

beddoe79
Hi Chris, Hi Leigh

Well I signed up this morning and have only now found this part of the site. Takes a bit of getting around but I'm sure its gonna be great when it all becomes more clear.

Look forward to seeing some of the other PPMSers from the other board on here soon.

Take care :bye:

Love Dawn xx

Hi Dawn

Great to see you over here. Hope to chat to you soon and get to know you more.

:crutch:

marydee

Hi Chris and everyone

Not sure how to navigate here yet but I am sure I will get the hang of it.

I am on cloud nine at the mo as my daughter is on her way home from South America. I go the airport to pick her up on Sunday. I have just registered and will send in some details next week when I am a bit more normal.

Look forward to chatting to you all

Mary

crispy

Hey guys, you're coming in thick and fast now, I'm struggling to keep up :bye:

I've been struggling all day, so that's nothing new, but I've just got home from the theatre and wanted to get all my welcomes in before bed.

Keep smiling, and enjoy the site,

All the best,

Chris P