The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Marina

Database error

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Sluggish
Marina

We're aware of a database error which you may see when going to a new page on the forum.

If you should get the error message - either at the bottom of the page or as a pink page on its own - click where indicated to refresh the page and the error should go away for that page.

We're currently trying to resolve this problem and apologise in the meantime for any annoyance it may cause.

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Sluggish
Marina

This error happens when you click somewhere on the forum, whether it be to read a topic, add a reply, preview a post, go to another page, etc.

One of two things happens:

1 - The header at the top of the page shrinks in width and is surrounded in dark grey. Fonts change and links become turquoise in colour. At the
bottom
of the page is an error message about a Database Error.

Or

2 - A new page opens with a pink part in it. It's a full error page with a message about a Driver Error.

If you get the first happening to you, all you need do is either refresh the page, or hit the banner at the top to take you back to the main forum page, or hit the "preview" button again if you were previewing, and the page will return to normal. If you had just hit "add reply" to post your reply, it should go through OK. Alternatively, click on the link at the bottom of the page, where the error notice is, where it says "You can try to refresh the page by clicking here."

If you get the second message, you have to click the link in the last line where it says "You can try to refresh the page by clicking here". If you were in the middle of typing something, you may or may not lose it.

If you use Firefox, Chrome or Safari, this "Lazurus" extension saves any text you've typed in case you lose the page you were typing it on: http://getlazarus.com/

This problem can happen as often as every 2nd or 3rd time you click on something.

The bad news is that there is no fix for it, which means I have to perform an upgrade of the forum sooner than I'd anticipated in order to get rid of it. I will post a separate topic about the upgrade.

In the meantime, I would please ask you to bear with this annoying error whilst I go through all that's needed for the upgrade. It may take me longer to perform than I'd like but I'm afraid the fatigue fairy seems to want to hang around me instead of buggering off! :blink:

Thanks for your patience and understanding :hearts:

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.