The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
PaulX

Dead Links

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Lurking
PaulX

There are some dead links in LINKS TO OFFICIAL MS WEBSITES AND ORGANISATIONS it might be worth going through and pruning out the ones that are no longer relevant.

Dead links always look bad and that something is being neglected.

Maybe the still relevant ones could be added as pinned topics in Advice, Help and Info and the whole topic deleted.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Paul

Edited by PaulX

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

Sluggish
Marina

Thanks, Paul :hoop:

We went through a ton of links in that whole entire section last year during the upgrade, when I was going to change it to a whole new system for all those links but which I was then too tired to do and never did... :blink:

If I have the wherewithal to convert them all to a new system after this new upgrade, I will, which will give us the chance the weed out dead links again :flowerface:

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Lurking
PaulX

i know there is lots to do as it is and it is a ball ache, just an observation really.

i hope it goes well this week.

paul

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

Sluggish
Marina

it is a ball ache

Well, if I were a fella it might be :wink2: , but I think it might be another part of my anatomy that's affected, but we won't go there :clown:

Seriously though, any and all such observations are welcome! I might just ask the mods to bury their heads in that whole section yet again and mark those topics that need checking again. Sometimes, it's not the site that's dead but that the URL is now incorrect or has changed, eg: from an .html one to a .php one as the site's been changed or upgraded to a new system since those links were added.

By the way, if anybody has any links they think might be suitable for that whole section (ie: "Category" and "Forums"), please feel free to PM them to me.

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)