The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
crispy

PPMSers Welcome

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

crispy

Just a quick hi to the new members that have come accross :bye:

There is enough on this board to keep you busy for at least a day, thanks on the whole, to Marina :crutch:

Having said that, don't forget to introduce yourselves (as soon as you feel comfortable ).

All the best,

Chris P :bye:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

josiejones

Dear Chris p, is this board different, on the other board members could talk to rach other, all I seem to be able to do is talk to you, not that I mind, but how do you talk to others, regards josie

crispy

Hi Josie, :D

It's pretty much the same, only vastly superior :funny:

Probably there are two main areas you'd want to post in - The Introduce Yourselves section where you can start a new topic (eg entitled Josie J) and post whatever you want by way of an introduction. Then, in the General Discussion Lounge, you can post whatever you want, either tagging on to others messages or starting a new thread of your own. You are more than welcome to respond to any message obviously - you have probably only replied to mine so far, as everyone seems a little timid to start something off.

:crutch:

You do your bit to get a discussion going, and you'll probably draw in all the lurkers, but if not, I'm not too proud to talk with you :bye:

Have a great week,

All the best,

Chris P

FISHER

:crutch:

HI CHRIS,

WE WERE TRYING TO SEND ON THIS INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEW SITE YOU FOUND BUT I NEED A BIT OF HELP BEING A NOVICE WITH THE COMPUTER.

WE WERE TRYING TO ATTATCH YOUR EMAIL THAT YOU SENT TO US ONTO OTHER PEOPLE WHO EMAIL US, THATS WHEN THE PROBLEM STARTED, WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO DO THIS , WE WILL KEEP YOU BUSY DONT THINK YOU CAN GO FOR A SNOOZE.

:whistling:

BEST WISHES ,

JIM & LIZ. :bye:

crispy

Hi Jim, hi Liz,

The easiest way to do want you are trying to do, is to open the original mail for viewing. Select all the text you want to send so that it is highlighted, (most programs work best if you start from the bottom of the message - so click with your mouse at the end, and keeping your mouse button pressed, move up to the top.). Right click on the selected text with your mouse and choose copy - that will copy the text to your Windows clipboard. Open a new message and add as many addresses as required to the 'To' field. Add any extra text such as 'Dear xxx etc. then click with your mouse where you want to insert text. Right click your mouse and select paste - all done!

Sorry if anything was a bit too basic, but I was trying to cater for all varieties :))

All the best,

Chris P :crutch:

All the best,

Chris P

ddgorgeous

Hello all,

Just been ponted to this site by Chris and I am sure it wil become a regular haunt from now on. Had a few problems registering etc, but hopefully now got everything sorted out. I am sure once Teddy finds this one also he will be around from time to time. He is busy having his tea with Fluffy Bunny. He is such a pervert.

Ron

ppms, dx 2001

crispy

Hi Ron, great to see you here :bye:

This is just a short response as I'm about to be called for dinner, but I'm sure we'll talk again :crutch:

Please give my regards to Teddy :D

All the best,

Chris P

Sluggish
Marina
Open a new message and add as many addresses as required to the 'To' field. Add any extra text such as 'Dear xxx etc. then click with your mouse where you want to insert text.

Hope Crispy won't mind or be offended if:

A) - I call him "Crispy" so's to differentiate between the various "Chris's" we have,

and

B) - If I make a point re putting multiple addies in the To or CC line of an email, or rather not using the To or CC line when sending to lots of people... might I suggest that using BCC be a wiser idea? To see why, Click Here to see why BCC is Important...

:sweating:

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

crispy

You make a very good point Marina :yes:

I tend not to send mail to more than one person, I just copy and paste and send individual mails :D

Chris P :sweating:

All the best,

Chris P

crispy

Hi all, :flowerface:

There are now more than a dozen PPMSers that have come over from the other group :oops: and still they come :sweating: Please continue to speak with each other and welcome any newcomers here :yes: There's no reason why we can't have multiple welcomes :jump_multi:

You have created a great forum Marina, thanks for all the hard work :bye:

Have a great week all, :D

Chris P :crutch:

PS sorry if I'm going overboard with the emoticons, the novelty will wear off.

All the best,

Chris P