The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
josiejones

introduction

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

josiejones

Hi my name is josie, taken a while to get round this site, but im here now,im 55yrs I have a husband with rumatiod arthritas, 4 cats, 1 dog, I watch all the soaps, and go to a centre twice a week, that I love, several people with ms, get transport to and back, and they take you out on trips too, ive just been awarded dla, middle care, and top mobility, so am in the middle of purchasing a nice wheelchair, I live in Leatherhead, and the shops are a 2 mile round journey, so need transport, well folks looking forward to learning all whats available on this site, pleased to say it is better than I thought, as your not got loads of emails, and it seems its our own chat room,great regards Josie

crispy

:bye: Hi Josie,

It looks as though you and I are rated the same for DLA, I'm also looking around at chairs. It seems I have to have someone come visit to see what changes need to be made to the bungalow, for easy front and rear access. I'm not sure why, but that sounds slightly iffy :crutch:

Have a great weekend,

Chris P :bye:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

josiejones

Dear Chris, who said you have to have your house altered? was it the OT if so thats great, specially if it helps you and your wife, when the dr from social visited me, he was appaled that to get to my door its up a big slope, so now I need a chair, and can get one, thanks to him, so perhaps they are thinking of whats best for you,it said on my letter, I need supervision, threough out the day, so not to hurt myself, or others, thats because of my eyesight, found that a bit scary, but when you have only sight in one eye, and that theres times I cant see at all, I agree with them, but reading your post I think you feel the same as me, you are a intelegent man, and fight on regardless, and live our life as fully as we are able, and you get these people helping you, and how ill you are smackes you in the mouth, so eccept any help offered as you may need it, if you dont think so now, you might agree later all the best chris love josie

crispy

Hi again Josie, :D

To enable me to get outside, whether I use the front or back of the bungalow, there would have to be changes made to take any kind of chair. :crutch: I had Social Services around a week or two ago, and she asked if I'd like to have the experts take a look to see what's involved. It seemed to make sense at the time, so they are coming next week.

Until the property is checked and the required work carried out, nobody will ok the power chair, so it has to be done - unless I want to pay for it all.

Chris P :bye:

All the best,

Chris P

josiejones

Hi chris, just go with it all, it im sure will be great, im still finding this site out, I emailed jom and lif, but lord noes where its gone, you seem to get me ok, but will keep trying, im beginning to feel really thick, well have a great week, and hope its a good one love josie

crispy
im beginning to feel really thick, well have a great week, and hope its a good one love josie

Hi Josie, I'm sure you're not thick - these things just take a bit of getting used to :D

Thanks for your thoughts, I'm sure it will be a great week- it just takes a touch of positive thinking :thought:

Have a good one, and keep smiling,

Chris P :crutch:

All the best,

Chris P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• introduction

Jus saying hi to fellow sufferers Im new so say hi back looking for friends from the isle of wight Ty for reading diagnosed 4 Yes had it for 9yrs

in General Discussion about MS

• Introduction

I was diagnosed wth MS about 4 months ago. Quite a surprise; being male and 57 years old I hardly fit the usual profile. Being a physiotherapist myself I probably treated 30 - 40 people with MS myself and yet I just did not recognise my own symptoms. It was one of my students that asked me about my dropfoot and subsequently a positive Babinsky reflex that gat me started to think in the direction of a neuro-degenrative disorder. Anyway, a positive MRI, a spinal tap with 18 oligoclonal bands and postive evoked response testing confirmed the diagnosis and I started using Copaxone (Glatiramer) a little while later. Anyway, I'm glad I can talk to some people that are going through something similar as I do and I hope to get to know all of you a little better.   Floris

• introduction

Hello people my user name is shadow and my real name is.......erm....shadow,have had MS for 0yrs now and dont i no it.I have been through things,and no exactly wot the mother ms is capable of doin to a normal heathy body.Nobody has ever asked for it or desearves it but been around other web sites for years and i hope i will on this one,look forward to talkin tto others yeh   shadowX

• tests and an introduction

Hi, my name is Sarah. My story is this :   May 2003 sudden episode of Optic Neuritis in my left eye, lost my sight completely in that eye after various Tests and MRI that showed 12 legion areas i had intravenous steroid treatment and my sight slowly returned after 4 months. I put it behind me and got on with my life. 2010, just last wk i feel like i am drunk permanently if that makes sense, its leading from the left side and feels worse in large open spaces. my hubby made me go to a Neurologist and he is recommending an MRI and lumber puncture to rule out and diagnose better. I am dreading the Lumber puncture but my biggest fear is going blind and my vision not returning. I also dont want a label after diagnosis either , i am in a bit of a weird place just now and feel very emotional.   Are Lumber punctures as hideous as i think ?   thanks for listening and big fat jugs to all.

• Introduction

Hi everyone, I'm new here and thought I'd better introduce myself   I am 36 yo, with a beautiful 10 yo son with complex special needs.   My own health history is a bit complicated. I hate listing my symptoms because I'm a very positive person that just lives each day as it comes and I don't like thinking about some of the things that have happened with my health, or the fact that no one can agree what's causing it! I have a feeling I'm not going to come out of this post sounding very positive, though. And I apologise if it gets a bit long.   I have another appointment with the neurologist on Monday which is what has bought this all up again, and know I have to pick back through my history which I hate. This time, I lost the ability to walk in a straight line and the GPs neuro exam showed another deteriation especially with my muscle strength on the right.   Firstly, I have not been dx'd with MS at the moment, but have had problems for up to 8 years. My GP is convinced it's MS, and I've seen a neuro and had an MRI 2 years ago that was clear. He offered a lumber puncture and I refused at the time and I was "mothballed" I have also had repeated investigations for a condition called Lupus which have also all been inconclusive, and to be honest I am fed up with the blood tests and scans and everything else that never seems to show anything.   One thing is clear is I have had spells of recurring neurological symptoms, and neuro exams are showing increasing loss of muscle strength, tremor, some reduced reflexes and areas of numbness. I get vertigo occasionally, frequent dizziness, tingling and numbness especially in my feet, electric shock and prickling sensations, heaviness in my limbs, fatigue, brain fog, sensation of falling backwards which has lasted for several months at a time and I just adjust to in the end, falling sideways, especially to the right, and one spell of misted vision and bruising-type pain in my right eye. Once I lost the use of my right leg completely for a short spell and was investigated for stroke, but that was negative as well. The symptoms also come in waves - the last time I had any significanet neuro problems was about 18 months ago. I'll get a couple of acute dramatic bits, and then they'll be a longer spell of a couple of months where it all settles down again, then I'm OK for a while.   The underlying health conditions I do have are severe Endometriosis which causes a lot of chronic pain and could alone explain the fatigue and brain fog, and Fibromyalgia that can also cause fatigue, brain fog and some neuro symptoms. If I do have Lupus, which is also notoriously hard to test for though usually shows certain anitibodies eventually, it means my immune system is attacking my nervous system just in a different way. The symptoms can be very similar to MS.   I'm sorry this has come out more like a rant - I'm just really dreading this appointment on Monday. But I just feel like I'm dragging my right leg around at the moment, and it's quite scary having symptoms like that and not knowing why is the perfect smiley for how my body feels right now!   I really don't like thinking about how it's already affected my life, I just adjust and get on with things which I feel is the best thing whatever is causing it. The weakness in my right arm never went after the last last bad spell and it definately limits what I can do a bit.   I don't know whether I'm in denial, and whether I should fight harder for a firm dx as it's just getting worse. I guess I'm just looking for somewhere to find support and maybe some answers - I know from experience that the best support always comes from people who know what you're going through, rather than professionals. And the idea of MS does scare me and I've always avoided reading up about it, which is daft really. I'm usually good at tackling things head on.   Anyway, I'll stop there before I bore you all to tears! I look forward to reading more of the site and maybe facing a few fears as I carry on yet again with the next round of tests and scans   Thanks for listening xxx

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.