The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
lala

What does your username mean to you?

56 posts in this topic Last Reply

Crafty Cow

Are you off to Stonehenge this year For the solstice, Druidsam? :-)

Follow me, you can follow me....and I, I will not desert you..............

Great Dane

I use Great Dane as I am Danish by origin and I happen to be 6'3"ish tall. The icon I use because Lego was a Danish invention and I am a female Viking!

Interesting to see how others came up with their usernames/icons.

Great Dane x

• Like 1

Mal

Lots of Vikings up North , lots of Geordie words "as well as Scottish" are Danish in origin .

druidsam

Are you off to Stonehenge this year For the solstice, Druidsam? :-)

its too far away from me, i do have a circle of oak trees that i planted myself a few years ago that i visit at summer and winter solstice and if i live long enough i may even see them mature lol

• Like 1

druidsam.gif

angeltess

When I chose my username I didn't put a lot of thought into it, thinking I'd just be on a little while, then maybe disappear once I got some advice. Little did I know I'd be around ages and find loads of friends here, else I'd have maybe chosen more carefully to find a name that suited me. Having said that I stand by it, as Angeltess is from the two characters in one of my favourite novels; Angel Clare and Tess Derbyfield from Tess of the D'Urbervilles.

It also has a tenuous link to the last post, as Tess was at Stonehenge when she was arrested for murdering Alec, but that's another story!

• Like 3

Broken wings can heal and mend again. Don't be afraid to cry your tears out loud. Everybody needs to have a friend. Wishbone Ash.

Crafty Cow

I am going to Stonehenge this year, been last two years, but rubbish weather meant no obvious sunrise through the stones. Third time lucky eh? Then on to Cornwall for a week. Fingers crossed I am well enough to face it all. :-)

Follow me, you can follow me....and I, I will not desert you..............

Lurking
PaulX

Always just be plain old Paul. My current employer give me the "X" as a middle initial since they didn't know my real one. I like it, it seems sort of exotic.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

lala

Always just be plain old Paul. My current employer give me the "X" as a middle initial since they didn't know my real one. I like it, it seems sort of exotic.

It's a shame you first name isn't Malcom!

Lurking
PaulX

Perhaps, but he came to a sticky end, so it might have been tempting fate. :wink2:

• Like 1

What have we found?

The same old fears.

eliza

Eliza is my 7th generation grandmother and I like the name anyway

I found this. when I did some ancestry. It nice to look at the names that were used in your own family. I know very little about Eliza even though I imagine things about her she was the eldest and lived in a pub that her father was landlord of the pub is still there I would like to visit it someday. It is a long way from me. It is in the south of the country and I am north and it was her daughter and son in law that brought the family north to find work. As did many in the industrial revolution

Edited by eliza
  • Like 2

jayjill

Bit late in the day (but what's new?). My given name is Gillian, but I decided as a teenager that was too childish so I changed to Jill, with a J ! That's fine unless someone writes me a cheque (not often!) then I need to make sure it's G ! xx

• Like 2

endilwen

I am a little bit (ok a lot) obsessed with Lord of the Rings, with The Hobbit being my all time favourite book. 'endilwen' is actually my real name in Tolkien's elvish language, quenya.

Yep I'm a dork :p

• Like 3

Lurking
PaulX

im old enough to know exactly what that means lol

im a druid and my names sam,. so druidsam :whistle: .... simples

so am i. Old enough that is.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

Lurking
PaulX

I am a little bit (ok a lot) obsessed with Lord of the Rings, with The Hobbit being my all time favourite book. 'endilwen' is actually my real name in Tolkien's elvish language, quenya.

Yep I'm a dork :p

Well as long as you don't dress up as one when you go down the pub, then that is ok. Apparently they do just that in Oxford.
  • Like 1

What have we found?

The same old fears.

Lurking
PaulX

Bit late in the day (but what's new?). My given name is Gillian, but I decided as a teenager that was too childish so I changed to Jill, with a J ! That's fine unless someone writes me a cheque (not often!) then I need to make sure it's G ! xx

Try being Paul, there is absolutely nothing you can do with that.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

derby42

Well, Derby was just the first thing i thought of.

I'm actually known as Harold, Har or just h to my pals. I prefer h.

Edited by derby42
  • Like 1

derby x

endilwen

Well as long as you don't dress up as one when you go down the pub, then that is ok. Apparently they do just that in Oxford.

No, though perhaps it would be fun :p

Herecomestrouble

Mine is just something that came to me when I filled in the joining details, some people would call me trouble I'm sure!

As for my avatar, well I love horses, but the photo's of ours are all to big.

HCT

• Like 1

I will decide what to put here one day...........brace yourselves........

The Dragonfly

I love this post, not seen it before, HCT, you've been scoping out old threads, thank you.

I picked The Dragonfly, because I like the symbolism of them. I've been through a lot of changes and soul searching this past year and know where I am now. Who would think this when one gets a dx of MS. And finally after 20 years of thinking about getting a tattoo, this is what I would like.

My childhood nickname is never going to be revealed, hopefully wobbly boy doesn't remember me telling him......haha.

Scully.......you are from Vancouver? I am from Victoria on Vancouver Island.

• Like 2

Lurking
PaulX

My childhood nickname is never going to be revealed, hopefully wobbly boy doesn't remember me telling him......haha.

Oh, come on, you can't leave it at that. Lol

Edited by PaulX
  • Like 1

What have we found?

The same old fears.

The Dragonfly

Hahaha, you'd have to come find me......lol

• Like 1

Lurking
PaulX

Hahaha, you'd have to come find me......lol

West Yorkshire. Hmm, not a million miles away. 3 hours.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

The Dragonfly

Change of subject........I've been trying to figure out what or who your avatar is. Can't remember,,, hahaha

Lurking
PaulX

Change of subject........I've been trying to figure out what or who your avatar is. Can't remember,,, hahaha

It is Woodstock. From Charlie Brown and Snoopy. I was crazed on him as a kid. I have one somewhere still, given to me by a girl in the dim and distant past.

Subject may be changed but not forgotten.

Edited by PaulX

What have we found?

The same old fears.

Lilbill

My daughters nickname from when she was younger - don't know why it just stuck! My avatar is my much loved last Westie Whisky (his replacement looks exactly the same though!)

• Like 1